Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Is there any threads on going with no genie + we are going in jan with 4/7 year old and not sure we wanna pony up $400 more just to have genie+ for our 4 days there.

Do you have to do anything at all, or do you just go straight to rides and choose LL? Thanks!

Do you have to do anything at all, or do you just go straight to rides and choose LL? Thanks!
I think this post lost some context without the original thread title. This poster is asking if you have to do anything to activate genie+ if you bundled it with your tickets (back when you could still do that). I think the answer is no but I’m not positive.

I think this post lost some context without the original thread title. This poster is asking if you have to do anything to activate genie+ if you bundled it with your tickets (back when you could still do that). I think the answer is no but I’m not positive.
Thanks!

Yes, same question was asked in multiple locations. You’re correct that the title did provide context.

@Bibbobboo2u, no you do not need to do anything to activate Genie+ in the morning if you purchased it with your tickets back when that was an option.

I apologize if this has been asked earlier in this thread (it probably has), but does Early Theme Park entry count against the 2-hour probation time for stacking G+? i.e. If MK opens at 8:30am, but Early entry is at 8:00, does stacking start at 10:00 or 10:30?

I am assuming that it early entry doesn't count, but I don't want to miss out on 30 minutes if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help and the great, informative thread!

I apologize if this has been asked earlier in this thread (it probably has), but does Early Theme Park entry count against the 2-hour probation time for stacking G+? i.e. If MK opens at 8:30am, but Early entry is at 8:00, does stacking start at 10:00 or 10:30?

I am assuming that it early entry doesn't count, but I don't want to miss out on 30 minutes if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help and the great, informative thread!
A second Genie+ can be booked 2 hours after official park opening, rather than ETPE.

Looking to buy some Disney gift cards and trying to decide the amount. Is there a way to pay for Genie+ with Disney gift cards. Looking at MDE, I don't see a way to do it so I'm guessing I can't. Has anyone done this?

Looking to buy some Disney gift cards and trying to decide the amount. Is there a way to pay for Genie+ with Disney gift cards. Looking at MDE, I don't see a way to do it so I'm guessing I can't. Has anyone done this?
I believe you can at least when I went a year ago we could. You just have to enter the gift card manually at the payment screen every time.

Save the GC number to your phone as a note. Copy and paste it into the payment line when you buy G+ or otherwise purchase something via MDE (mobile order food, for instance).

Simple question....what time can offsite guests BUY iLL$ or join a virtual queue?

If the answer is "At park opening", do offsite guests have to be IN the park to buy or join?

What time is the second VQ drop for Guardians in the afternoon, and is there also one for RotR?

Simple question....what time can offsite guests BUY iLL$ or join a virtual queue?

If the answer is "At park opening", do offsite guests have to be IN the park to buy or join?

What time is the second VQ drop for Guardians in the afternoon, and is there also one for RotR?
Offsite guests can join the VQ at 7am - this is the same regardless of whether you are onsite or offsite.

For ILL$ offsite guests can book at park opening and do not have to enter the park before booking.

The second drop for Guardians VQ is 1pm and you need to have entered Epcot at some point earlier that day in order to be eligible at 1pm. RotR is no longer using a virtual queue and is standby or ILL$ only.

Last edited:
If I get Genie + and stay at the resort stacking all day do I get to chose a new ride once I use the first one or do I have to wait until I have used all the LL’s I stacked?

You can select a new G+LL after you tap into the *last booked* G+LL or after 2 hours lapse from the time you last booked. Last booked is not the the G+LL return window time, it is the time on the clock whenever you book your last G+LL - I hope that makes sense.

Example:
7AM - book Peter Pan return window 2PM
MK opens at 9AM
11AM - book Winnie the Pooh return window 12PM

Once you tap into Winnie the Pooh, you can book another G+LL (even thought you have Peter Pan at 2PM) because this was the last G+LL you booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter