Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

If I am park hopping to Epcot and the first LL I get is for Remy at 7, would I be able to get my 2nd LL two hours after Epcot opens or the park I have a reservation for?

If you don’t have the hopper can you purchase just on iLL$?
if you do get th e hopper can you stay in one park and purchase both iLL$ in that park?

if you do get th e hopper can you stay in one park and purchase both iLL$ in that park?
Please take the time to read the posts on page one, especially those about Individual Lightning Lane purchases. How the work is explained in great detail there.

There is only one ILLS$ in each park and guests may only purchase an ILL$ once per day.

The "rules" concerning Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane selections have changed a few times since the system was introduced. Your reference to "both" ILL$ in a park indicates you are relying on outdated information. As the prior poster stated, there is only one ILL$ in each park currently. As you continue your research, be careful to note when the article or video was posted. I realize this can be difficult since many are not dated. But there is a lot of outdated information still out there. I'd put more trust in articles and videos that I saw were recent.

Wow I had thought the max for genie+ was $22. Just checked for Epcot today 11/21 and it's $29 🙃
I just saw that two…we locked in at $15 per person per day before the change for our December trip…
That price difference would mean it would cost $145 per day compared to the $75 we paid…Yikes!

Up til now I didn't think the price changes were meaningful enough to change demand. But $29 may finally do that...a little.

Up til now I didn't think the price changes were meaningful enough to change demand. But $29 may finally do that...a little.
Yea this was the tipping point for me. I won't judge anyone for paying it since I do believe Genie+ is super helpful at getting on the rides you want. It is only $7 more but still i resisted today out of principle. If this was my first time here or if I knew I wasn't going to be back for 5 years I'd still pay up for it though, I'd just feel sad about it lol.

This may have already been asked. Sorry if it has. My question is can I use genie before a Christmas party starts with a party ticket only? I’m guessing no. It may not even be worth it except maybe to buy Seven Dwarfs.

Does anyone have recent experiences visiting WDW with the G+ pre-paid package before they discontinued it? Is G+ still working A-OK for you, or are you having any issues? We are a party of 5 who bought G+ for our entire length of stay right before they ended it and are hoping we don't have any technical problems with the system now that they don't offer that anymore. I ask because I read a recent report of a very large party having problems. Not sure if that's because they pre-paid for G+, they are a very large party of 14, or a combo of both. Any experiences anyone may have would be very much appreciated! TIA.

Does anyone have recent experiences visiting WDW with the G+ pre-paid package before they discontinued it? Is G+ still working A-OK for you, or are you having any issues? We are a party of 5 who bought G+ for our entire length of stay right before they ended it and are hoping we don't have any technical problems with the system now that they don't offer that anymore. I ask because I read a recent report of a very large party having problems. Not sure if that's because they pre-paid for G+, they are a very large party of 14, or a combo of both. Any experiences anyone may have would be very much appreciated! TIA.
Many people purchased it before the change was made and it's not been reported that those guests are having problems but hopefully those who have actually experienced will chime in also.

You may wish to read the more recent pages of the 'Here Now and Just Back' thread as guests are sharing their Genie+ (amid other things) experiences there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter