Every Mile is a Miracle

I love your shirt!!

Also ... I don't know what to tell you about the cold. I'm an overdresser. So I would wear the leggings ... but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that for others.

OMG! Those temps are awesome! No to leggings or capris. Wear throw away stuff before the start (if you can get it in your backpack) and bag check a sweatshirt.

I love your shirt!!

Also ... I don't know what to tell you about the cold. I'm an overdresser. So I would wear the leggings ... but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that for others.
Hahahaha. I think I will just power through the cold.

OMG! Those temps are awesome! No to leggings or capris. Wear throw away stuff before the start (if you can get it in your backpack) and bag check a sweatshirt.
Luckily I will have some friends with me that can hold stuff for me too. And maybe even snag me a throw away top from a goodwill.

Sparkle Athletic has a shimmery rose gold skirt. It is a better choice for those temperatures.
That is on my "to-buy" list for Marathon weekend!!! :lovestruc

Fighting Knights 5k Race Re-Cap

First local fall 5k in the books. This one is put on every year by the High School Cross Country team. It was my first year doing this one and I really wanted to because usually all of the 5ks here in town are done on the same boring course. But this one was on the "official" Cross Country track which is on a golf course. The terrain was all of the place. There was grass and sand and hills and sidewalk. I convinced my husband to do this one with me after promising him we could go out for a schooner after the race. He really is an easy sell sometimes.

The Outfit:
I went with our school colors of Purple & Gold. I did not get a full picture of me wearing it but I am sure I looked cute. Haha.
55988180499__BC15EDD5-8E1B-48E4-A0EF-2264935F2451.JPG

The Race:
The race started at 7am. It was pretty warm and muggy, not like the cooler weather we had been experiencing the past week. They advertized that the top 50 people would get a medal, so we looked around and I would have guessed there were about 55 people there (actual count was 59). I ruled out a few of the little kids for people I could beat. Guys, I just really want a medal whenever I can get one. I was scheduled to run 5 miles @ EA pace (11:45) so my plan was to do a 2 mile warm up then do the race. That didn't happen. What also didn't happen was me even running remotely close to 11:45 at all. I knew I wasn't going to be able to contain myself when there were high school kids running. But honestly I got beat by more people older than me than younger. I saw so many of these "cross country" kids WALKING. I kept harping at them that they were getting passed by an old lady. The course was 2 loops and this literally felt like the longest 5k of my life. The sand was impossible to run through. The course was so dang hilly. I stuck with a lady who I think was the Cross Country Coach for my kid's school but ended up passing her during the last mile. At the very end I caught up with a guy and was determined to pass him but he got away from me on a downhill and even with a sprint at the end I couldn't catch him.

Got my medal!
IMG_8536.jpg

The husband placed 38th and I got a good picture of him at the finish!
IMG_8545.jpg

The Results:
I ended up running a sub:30 5k -- 29:02 (9:32 average pace) and I placed 1st in my Age Group of 4 and 18th overall. Not too shabby.

And as promised, I took my husband out for a morning Schooner.
IMG_8549.jpg

#TopFinisher

September Totals:
Total Miles - 111.5
Total Time - 20:15:48
Average Pace - 10:54
Elevation Climb - 12,525.9 feet
YTD - 892.2 miles

September Recap:
I was in a funk at the beginning of the month so I didn't really set any particular goals. Let's just say: I survived September and now comes one of my favorite months!

"I was born in February, but I come alive in October." - Rainbow Rowell, Attachments

October Goals:
1. Earn a new half marathon PR!
2. Hit 8000 steps every day.
3. Start walking the pups again once a week.
4. Log my food in MFP every day.
5. Add more cross training in my schedule.
6. Start. Marathon. Training.

I have a lot going on this month, which means it's going to FLY BY. But I hope I enjoy everything along the way!
- Weekend trip to Oregon to run my half
- 3 days in California
- Sea World
- Mickey's Halloween Party
- Shooting a Wedding in Vegas
- Airfest & Beerfest at the Brewery my husband works at
- HALLOWEEN

I am ready for my favorite time of the year. October through March is my favorite season! :)

Okay, one last post today.... I just wanted to share some stuff from my week.

Monday - Rest Day, but I managed to do 10 minutes of Yoga before work. Not much but it made my back feel great.

Tuesday - Plan: 5 mi @ EA // Actual: 4.25 mi @ 12:05
They were doing some road work and I had to stand at a light for about 5 minutes before they let me cross. By then I was going by my house for my last bit but decided to just go home.

Wednesday - I talked about this run a few posts back. It was my last speed workout and gave me one last boost of confidence before my race this weekend! YAY. We also had a killer sunset this night and I got my Walter & Rosie scents in. My house smells sooooo good right now.
IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

Thursday - Plan: 5 mi @ EB // Actual: 3.1 mi @ 11:22
My legs were sore from Wednesday's workout so I took it easy. We got Bay's school pictures in. This was not what I had planned to have her wear but the dress I bought her didn't come in on time, so I had to through something together. #PunkRockPrincess
873136B1-6C57-461A-9F42-0E9705CE1109.JPG

Friday - Rest Day!
I got my outfit planned for Mickey's Halloween Party. I am basically just going to wear this, but with a denim vest instead of a jacket and my Minnie Ears are a little different.
55971748369__CB86BCE6-7677-4878-B2D2-58765BF9CD2F.JPG

55997384897__499F81B2-7984-40AF-A901-62561468353D.JPG

Also, Friday was a themed dress day at school: Hippie Day! The best I had for her was a Beatles Shirt and some tie dyed shoes. She cried about not liking The Beatles, I disowned her for a bit, she cried some more because she didn't like how I was doing her hair. Sometimes I think she is more dramatic than I am! Anyway, that's why she looks grumpy in the picture. But for theme purposes I say it's because she is sick of the establishment, man. :hippie:
IMG_8513.jpg

Saturday - Fighting Knights 5k (see recap above). I had some anxiety on Saturday because we were having friends over for dinner and their daughter was staying the night. Everything was fine though. While the kid's played, the adults fell down a rabbit hole of old shows on Nickelodeon via YouTube. I really wish Guts was still around.

Sunday - I was supposed to run but didn't because I ran harder than I should have the day before. At least that's what I am telling myself. I made these amazing vegan french toast muffin things for the girls for breakfast. Would absolutely make again. Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing. It was glorious.
IMG_8595.jpg

I went with our school colors of Purple & Gold.
Those were my high school colors too. It's part of the appeal of the Dopey medal for me.

Glad you enjoyed your race and medaled. I'm considering a local race in November, but can't find medal pictures from previous years and that's honestly having some influence on how much I want to consider it.

That post is full of so much win!!

I love that Haunted Mansion tee. Where did you get that?

The pictures of Bay are adorable. Smiling and grumpy. :)

Saturday - Fighting Knights 5k (see recap above). I had some anxiety on Saturday because we were having friends over for dinner and their daughter was staying the night. Everything was fine though. While the kid's played, the adults fell down a rabbit hole of old shows on Nickelodeon via YouTube. I really wish Guts was still around.

I'm glad my childhood humiliation could make y'all's night. :rotfl2:

I love Walter and Rosie scents too. I actually have a candle addiction so DH says we need to use some of them before I can buy more, but my favcorite scents (Christmas) are coming. Sounds like October will be so fun.

Glad you enjoyed your race and medaled. I'm considering a local race in November, but can't find medal pictures from previous years and that's honestly having some influence on how much I want to consider it.
None of the medals in my local races are anything special. They are all very generic. But I don't expect a lot for a $20-25 race where they are usually donating an amount of the money to something.

That post is full of so much win!!

I love that Haunted Mansion tee. Where did you get that?

The pictures of Bay are adorable. Smiling and grumpy. :)
I am always looking for fun Disney themed shirts for our trips. This is where I found the Haunted Mansion one:
https://www.onceuponapparel.com/collections/holiday
I'm glad my childhood humiliation could make y'all's night. :rotfl2:
So it all started with my friend saying "Do you remember that show...." And I was like, "HEY I KNOW A GIRL WHO WAS ON IT." So we watched that first and cheered you on the whole time. Then we watched some Guts and Nick Arcade and Double Dare. We spent a lot of time googling the kids on the show to find out what they were up to now. LJ on Nick Arcade is a Life Coach. Hahaha. So definitely not at your expense, it was just fun to know someone who got to be on a show that we were obsessed with watching as kids.

I love Walter and Rosie scents too. I actually have a candle addiction so DH says we need to use some of them before I can buy more, but my favcorite scents (Christmas) are coming. Sounds like October will be so fun.
I have all these dang scentsy things all over my house but we were getting tired of the scents that we had so it was time for a refresh anyway. I had never tried the Walter & Rosie ones but I love them! I can't wait to get some Christmas ones!

None of the medals in my local races are anything special. They are all very generic. But I don't expect a lot for a $20-25 race where they are usually donating an amount of the money to something.
The race I'm looking at is the Golden Heart 4.9K. The Golden Heart Foundation was founded by 49ers alumni (hence the 4.9K distance) for various charitable causes. In this case, the donation to the foundation is separate from the race price. I'm a bit surprised that there are no medals even from prior years. I'm still on the fence about the race.

The race I'm looking at is the Golden Heart 4.9K. The Golden Heart Foundation was founded by 49ers alumni (hence the 4.9K distance) for various charitable causes. In this case, the donation to the foundation is separate from the race price. I'm a bit surprised that there are no medals even from prior years. I'm still on the fence about the race.

Found this. It was labeled as 2017's medal. No date on it means they may just use the same again this year.

54aa093040c2e82857c25183bf00922d.jpg

Found this. It was labeled as 2017's medal. No date on it means they may just use the same again this year.
Thanks for posting that. Google was not my friend yesterday, but I was able to find that exact picture today.

At first glance, I'm not sure I care for it. I hoped the 49ers logo might show up somewhere, but it is kind of growing on me.

Okay, I missed a lot, so I'll just go with a few short things...

- You definitely looked super adorable in that outfit. How could you not??
- Congrats on the medal!
- I love the Mickey's Halloween Party outfit!
- I am with you on Guts. I miss that show.

Also ... I don't particularly like The Beatles *ducks*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!