Every Mile is a Miracle

Yay for super cheap flight! I have never been to any SeaWorld but it is awesome they do that for veterans. I had no idea you are one so thank you for your service.

$90 for a flight is awesome even if you can only bring a backpack. I've only been to Seaworld in Orlando back in 2005. DH was with me so we didn't stay long because he hates theme parks :(

Say hi to Shamu for me :) (I kinda love Sea World and I've only been there once)

Also ... yay for being signed up for the race and for getting a super cheap flight!
Will do! I am sure he will love to hear from you! :)

Yay for super cheap flight! I have never been to any SeaWorld but it is awesome they do that for veterans. I had no idea you are one so thank you for your service.
I haven't been to SeaWorld for over 12 years so I am excited to see what's new!
And you're welcome? I never know what to say to that. Haha.

$90 for a flight is awesome even if you can only bring a backpack. I've only been to Seaworld in Orlando back in 2005. DH was with me so we didn't stay long because he hates theme parks :(
That was my thoughts. I will only be in Oregon for a few days and I really just need leggings, a sweater, and my race gear. Challenge accepted for this over packer!

So, without informing Coach (hi Coach, sorry Coach)... I decided to make up the speed workout I skipped last week, this morning. And it was awesome! First off, the weather pretended to be fall for a little bit! It was 79* and there was a bite in the air. I was in heaven. Secondly, I went to bed on time. I drank lots of water yesterday. I was feeling good.

Plan: .5 mi @ WU + 1.5 mi @ HM Tempo (9:24) + 30 second rest + 2 mi @ T Pace (9:04) + 4 min rest + 1 mi @ T Pace (9:04) + .5 mi @ CD

I'm not gonna lie, this workout scared me a bit and I think that's why I wanted to make sure that I got it in. I have 11 days until my half so I think one last fast workout would make me feel better. And it did.

Results:
1.5 mi HM Tempo = 9:18
2 mi T Pace = 9:05
1 mi T Pace = 9:04

Heck yes! I struggled a little at the end of the 2 miler but still felt strong. On that last 1 mile I felt like I could run that pace forever. It felt so good on my legs. I need this confidence boost a lot, so I am glad I did it.

giphy.gif

In other news, it is officially start of the local 5k season here in town. The weather is cooling down. People wanna run for a cause. For some reason no one can put on anything longer than a 5k....
I signed my husband and I up for a 5k this Saturday that is put on by the High School's Cross Country team. I am scheduled for 5 miles at an easy pace that day, but we will be running against high school track kids and well...... I don't wanna be the slow one. Haha. Plus top 50 people get a medal! I won't go all out because I have my half to worry about, but I will make sure I get a medal!

Last week I found a bunch of film in a drawer, so I decided to take it to CVS to get it developed. (I actually fully regret this choice and I should have just not been lazy and sent my film out to an actual lab but too late now.) Anyway, one of the rolls I was really excited to get back because I knew it was shot on an expired Portra 400 roll and was hoping for some cool results. Well, it delivered so I thought I would share. All images were shot on my Canon AE-1 Program 35mm.

Asset0005.jpg Asset0007.jpg Asset0011.jpg Asset0017.jpg Asset0019.jpg Asset0022.jpg Asset0024.jpg Asset0026.jpg Asset0028.jpg Asset0032.jpg

How fun to find old film! I bet it was fun to open the envelope!

You have so many exciting things coming up... The end to your 100 year training cycle (a couple extra weeks =99.8 years obviously), the start of a new (marathon!) schedule, Portland!, Disneyland!!, Halloween party!!, Seaworld!! You deserve a good turnaround. :)

Love those pictures. And great job on your training!!
Thank you!!

How fun to find old film! I bet it was fun to open the envelope!

You have so many exciting things coming up... The end to your 100 year training cycle (a couple extra weeks =99.8 years obviously), the start of a new (marathon!) schedule, Portland!, Disneyland!!, Halloween party!!, Seaworld!! You deserve a good turnaround. :)
I am still waiting on 2-3 more rolls to come back!
You're so sweet! I can't stay still or in one place for too long. I always need something to do or look forward to. I am just lucky that my husband tolerates this behavior. Haha.

10 days out from race day! Let's chat about what I am wearing and the weather!

I bought this shirt from TWLOHA because I love it and the color matches the medal from my race. And if all else fails, this line might just get me to my PR. Who knows. I am just going to pair this with my black Nike running shorts, black ProCompression socks, and probably my Tie Dyed Brooks 5. I know my Rose Gold Brooks Adrenaline would go better but I haven't been wearing those on longer runs and they just feel so heavy compared to my Brooks 5.

shirt.JPG

But guys. I am gonna be SO cold. Part of me is like "wear leggings or tights" and the other part of me is like "you will warm up when you are running". Anyway, it's forecasted to rain before my race and humidity is higher than I would like, but temperature is low. Race start time is 9am.

weather.JPG

I am gonna be SO cold.

Good, be cold. Those are near ideal temps. The less clothes you can wear the better (within reason of course). As the muscles warm up, you'll warm up. But don't let your core body temp getting too high be the reason you get held back. The likeliest fast race is the one where you don't warm up for quite a bit into the race.

10 days out from race day! Let's chat about what I am wearing and the weather!

I bought this shirt from TWLOHA because I love it and the color matches the medal from my race. And if all else fails, this line might just get me to my PR. Who knows. I am just going to pair this with my black Nike running shorts, black ProCompression socks, and probably my Tie Dyed Brooks 5. I know my Rose Gold Brooks Adrenaline would go better but I haven't been wearing those on longer runs and they just feel so heavy compared to my Brooks 5.

View attachment 354472

But guys. I am gonna be SO cold. Part of me is like "wear leggings or tights" and the other part of me is like "you will warm up when you are running". Anyway, it's forecasted to rain before my race and humidity is higher than I would like, but temperature is low. Race start time is 9am.

View attachment 354473

Those temps look awesome!! You will warm up just bring something throw down to keep you warm while you wait for race start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter