Ever let your points expire?

Have you ever let your points expire? If so, how many?

• Never

• Less then 10 points

• Between 11 and 50 points

• Between 51 and 100 points

• Between 101 and 150 points

• Between 151 and 200 points

• Between 201 and 300 points

• More than 300 points

Results are only viewable after voting.

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
Found out that some people let their annual allotment of DVC points expire!

I seriously doubt any of us here at the Disboards would though.

Ever have you points expire? And for those of you who have, how many have you said good bye to?

We haven't had a year yet when we haven't borrowed at least part of next year's points. I can't imagine letting them expire!:eek:

We did an add on in November and we have a december use year so we could not bank the points (we only added on 25). I was not allowed to transfer them either - so I rented them out. I was only able to rent 24 points so I had to lose 1. It was very sad :( but what could I do??

It's a very sad tale, actually -- it haunts us still!

About 60 pts went bye-bye. :guilty:

We had banked the pts forward when our dd was born. To be honest, we nearly lost all those pts, except we caught the banking deadline with one day to spare! (THings happen to your brain with that 3rd child, I declare!) A trip later that year (that should have consumed all the banked pts) was unexpectedly cut short by a day or two (hence leaving the extra already banked pts.) No biggie, we thought -- we'll use them to send MIL/FIL to the Plaza for their anniversary! But then 9/11 hit -- you couldn't get my MIL to move 100 ft past her own house, much less to NYC. So sister said she would use them for HHI. But then she bailed due to sudden conflicts with her dd's school schedules and some state softball tournaments or something. Now we were well inside 60 days expiry -- (actually less than 30 days). Concierge collection was no longer an option, and as this was in my pre-DIS days, renting just wasn't a part of our vocabulary (and that would be assuming we could have managed to find a renter for just 60 pts -- which we would have had to do the ressie for, since it was banked pts -- during what would have been near Memorial day timing!!) And we live a good 15 hr drive away. And the kids were in school. And we really need a 2br with our family, so that would have gotten us what -- oh, maybe 2 nights, if that? We'd have to borrow pts or pay cash for the rest! And no one in my family or dh's was able to go, even to HHI, if we had even been able to get in. And it seemed silly (at the time) to just "go somewhere" to use up pts. (Like saying, "Oh, I have $20 left on a gas card... I think I'll buy a car so I can use it!") So.... I confess... we did it .. gasp .. we let points EXPIRE! :scared1:

I'm not proud. But I'm honest. And I'm also smarter. Now we are always borrowing ahead (so much so, we ended up adding on!) And you can bet yer bippie I know our banking deadlines (should I ever NEED such a thing!) by HEART!

What I wouldn't give for those 60 pts right now.....sigh.

Always use all of my points and sometimes more.. every year..

We bank and borrow, but never let expire. They cost to much to toss away like that.

Way back when, BI (before internet ;) ), we had to cancel a vacation within the 30 day window when I got laid off. Without being able to afford to go that use year, and no knowledge of renting points or any way to advertise them for rent, we let them expire. :(

I want a tombstone at HM for those poor, deceased 155 points. RIP!

Needless to say, there's no reason to let that happen nowadays!

This year I had 2 points that I was going to lose if I didn't use them. So, I borrowed about 120 points and I will be at OKW next week. I know the counter says boardwalk, but I have since moved it and didn't feel like changing the counter.

I can't see me ever wasting a single point.

I have noticed that once you start borrowing, it is hard to catch up.:tongue:

<GASP> Let points EXPIRE!!! NEVER!

I track those things almost like they're my children.

When in-laws backed out within two weeks of the trip, we downgraded from a 2 bdrm to a 1 bdrm, and used the extra points to stay AKL concierge for a couple of nights. The transaction left me with two banked points in a holding account, that I couldn't make use of. I'm glad we had the experience. We realized that concierge service isn't nearly as luxurious as it sounds, especially when compared to a DVC 1 bedroom. :snooty:

But it still bugs me that I had to let those two points go .... :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter