Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal had basically frozen the hotel Express Pass program. Volcano Bay has paid express pass only. Sapphire Falls guests don't get complimentary Express Pass. Its basically the same as Royal Pacific, but without Express.

JMO, Universal grandfathered the original 3 hotels. The Universal hotels, particularly the ones without Express Passes are price competitive with off site properties. The Disney charges a large price premium.

After the 50th more guests might look offsite.
Because they realized you need to cap the amount of people with free express to make it a worthwhile perk (and so there’s still enough available for them to charge a premium to other people). Otherwise, it becomes a clogged up, messy system like fast pass has been

Renting DVC with children is a terrifying proposition. If they get sick and you have to cancel you are SOL and I have yet to see any reports that anyone has ever successfully used trip insurance to file a claim for loss of money on DVC points due to illness cancellation.

If you get cancel for any reason trip insurance it shouldn't be an issue.

If you get cancel for any reason trip insurance it shouldn't be an issue.

Start adding in things and the price starts climbing and I don't want to deal with having to deicpher whether my trip insurance actually covered whatever my reason was and then getting them to pay promptly. I'm pretty sure my current one wouldn't fly- cancelling because FP+ wasn't available for our trip. Renting is great for those who don't mind the risk. I do. It's worth a few $$ more for the peace of mind.

But in regards to claiming that it's cheaper to rent DVC than stay at a value- Disney doesn't care what you pay in rent. Their money, and it's a large amount, has already been paid to them.

well our room at pop last week didnt have one, and i cant tell you the last time i stayed in a value that had one.
You should have contacted the front desk. There is supposed to be one and I have always had one. Where else do they expect you to put your refillable mugs or other purchased beverages. If I’m not mistaken, when they remodeled the rooms they switched it the fridges from the old solid doors to doors with glass so you can see what’s in the fridge from the outside. Below is a room walkthrough from February showing them.

I can't remember a single time I haven't had a fridge in the room.
There was a time when value resorts did not have refrigerators. I recall fridge swaps going on years ago. They overwhelmed luggage service at the value resorts.

Disney is over-priced, but I justified staying on site by the extra perks I got. The extra perks are gone. And the extra $300 x night of staying deluxe vs moderate is simply not worth it for a couple hours in the park. The economics don't add up for me as a solo traveler.

I'm just furious over this decision. I'm not even sure why it makes me so mad. But I feel like it's the pivot point in how I feel about Disney. And that's not good.

Disney is over-priced, but I justified staying on site by the extra perks I got. The extra perks are gone. And the extra $300 x night of staying deluxe vs moderate is simply not worth it for a couple hours in the park. The economics don't add up for me as a solo traveler.

I'm just furious over this decision. I'm not even sure why it makes me so mad. But I feel like it's the pivot point in how I feel about Disney. And that's not good.

I don't see the validity of your complaint - you want to save $300 a night and in exchange you don't get the perks those who are willing to pay the extra do. It's your choice. I think, even with all the other perks removed, the location and having EMH's that are actually nice to attend because of low crowd levels, make it worth every penny. I'm fully expecting more perks to be added, but that alone will get me to stay deluxe and pay the price they cost.

Last edited:
You should have contacted the front desk. There is supposed to be one and I have always had one. Where else do they expect you to put your refillable mugs or other purchased beverages. If I’m not mistaken, when they remodeled the rooms they switched it the fridges from the old solid doors to doors with glass so you can see what’s in the fridge from the outside. Below is a room walkthrough from February showing them.

You know what, i stand corrected. thinking back, there was one, i even had a conversation with my wife about it (how in the world did i forget)

i remember now that it didnt have a freezer and had a sticker on it that said it would only cool down to like 41 or something like that.

You know what, i stand corrected. thinking back, there was one, i even had a conversation with my wife about it (how in the world did i forget)

i remember now that it didnt have a freezer and had a sticker on it that said it would only cool down to like 41 or something like that.

40 degrees or so is standard for a refrigerator.

I don't see the validity of your complaint - you want to save $300 a night and in exchange you don't get the perks those who are willing to pay the extra do. It's your choice. I think, even with all the other perks removed, the location and having EMH's that are actually nice to attend because of low crowd levels it worth every penny. I'm fully expecting more perks to be added, but that alone will get me to stay deluxe and pay the price they cost.
More perks for you to be added, but those that arent staying at those resorts have had those taken away.

Bye disney if this keeps up.

There was a time when value resorts did not have refrigerators. I recall fridge swaps going on years ago. They overwhelmed luggage service at the value resorts.
Yes, I can recall that now. I had forgotten. But it's been quite a while.

More perks for you to be added, but those that arent staying at those resorts have had those taken away.

Bye disney if this keeps up.

We actually don't know so I'll worry about that if it happens.

I have my lines in the sand as well as far as what Disney has to do to keep us returning, but I in no way believe that my choice to quit going would affect them one way or the other. If Disney doesn't fit for you, not giving them your money is a smart move. I have a current reservation, it's not a sure thing we'll keep it depending on what they do in the next couple of weeks.

I'm actually excited about this perk. My kids are usually pretty worn out at Disney and sleep much later than normal, so extra morning hours and rope drop aren't something we benefit from. I do wonder how much of a perk this really is and I guess that will depend on how many extra hours we get. As prior people have mentioned, the headliners will still have pretty long lines at park close so it may not translate to much.
Also, we are staying DVC on rented points, so I still have some concern that Disney will find a way to exclude us lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter