Europe Cruises after July 30th 2022, Covid tests are on the passenger's dime

We fly out on 8/8 for our cruise on 8/10. I scheduled testing through OnPoint last night for the morning of 8/8 before we fly out.
Although weve been to London a few times I’m flying in 3 nights before. I’m actually way more stressed about flights than I am about a Covid test. I’m no longer flying home on British Airways which is a relief.

Are you saying it would be too hard to test while in London? If so, you can just test and the port still, but pay for it.

I know many disagree with the change because of the increased risk, but I personally would have really appreciated testing before going to the port while in Rome. It would have made the whole embarkation process part of the fun and excitement, instead of a long stressful process. Even though we all self-tested negative before going, there was still the thought of "what if" the official test comes back positive in the back of our minds and we couldn't really enjoy the excitement of arriving at the port. I know the counter to my opinion is, "how exciting would it have been to catch COVID on board?" But I am still not sold that the antigen testing at port significantly reduces that risk for various reasons.

This will also give some the option of testing before they even fly to Europe - probably cutting it a bit close for my taste, but certainly possible.
Yeah, my guess is that this is because the Prenetics at-port testing has been such a disaster on the first half of the Summer…

We plan on doing an in-person test with our doctor’s PA 2 days prior. Is anyone familiar with how to upload office visit results? They should get posted to an app we use through our healthcare network, but not sure how that would link to the Prenetics website.

We plan on doing an in-person test with our doctor’s PA 2 days prior. Is anyone familiar with how to upload office visit results? They should get posted to an app we use through our healthcare network, but not sure how that would link to the Prenetics website.
I would take a screen shot of the report within your healthcare network app, then upload the jpeg image to Prenetics. I did that with my vaccination record in order to upload it to the Safe Passage site before our Vancouver to Honolulu cruise on the Wonder.

How was your boarding process? Ours took 3.5 hours in San Diego. I found it anxiety producing and I wasn’t at risk of flunking it as you put it.
I think it took us close to 3 hours in NOLA boarding the WBPC sailing in March. The line to enter the terminal snaked around the building. But it ended up being one of the most peaceful sailings once on board.

I would take a screen shot of the report within your healthcare network app, then upload the jpeg image to Prenetics. I did that with my vaccination record in order to upload it to the Safe Passage site before our Vancouver to Honolulu cruise on the Wonder.
Thank you so much for the info!

I got an email from DCL about the train workers strike in London July 30. I hope everyone planing on taking the train to the port read their email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter