Ettiquette question (ordering dinner on someone else's dime)

P.S. You must watch the 1990's British comedy Keeping Up Appearances. You will not stop laughing. It's on Netflix.

I have been watching that show for years! My favorites are the waterside supper with riperian entertainments and the one where Hyacinth buys the little flat in the country and has the party where Emmet’s head goes through the ceiling and everyone ends up stuck in the kitchen. Priceless! They are so hilarious! I would much rather hang out with Daisy and Onslow, although Rose can get on my nerves.

I really had to think about the OP’s original question because it doesn’t come up much for me. Very occasionally our department will go out to eat on the company’s dime, but we don’t go to expensive places. My sister and I surprise each other by paying for meals occasionally, but the surprise comes at the end of the meal when the bill comes, so it’s too late to worry about what we ate. If it did come up I would probably use the host’s meal as a guide, so I wouldn’t come across as too greedy or too unappreciative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter