Escape Brides/Grooms...Let's talk!?!

Also can anyone recommend a location for the small dinner reception? I have been going to Disney for over 10 years and have not found a restaurant in the parks I really like but I’ve never eaten at any of the resorts.

Thanks!

As PrincessShea suggested, Bluezoo looks lovely. We are also going for a Swan & Dolphin resteraunt :thumbsup2 we have a guest count of roughly 12-14 and love Italian food so we're having our meal at Il Mulino. I emailed them for F&B minimums and all the private rooms have a minimum of $1500... tad too expensive for us so we're just booking an ADR as we have a menu with prices and don't think we'l even spend half that :laughing: if you want more info on Il Mulino PM me your email and I can forward you the email they sent me, they were extremely helpful :goodvibes

Hi, newly engaged and plannng an october 2011 escape, has anyone ever had their escape wedding on the beach at the WP ?
we originally wanted sunset point, but the 8 guest min won't work for us, i loved the photo's from sunset point with the castle across the lake, and I imagine that we can get similar photo's from the WP beach

One thing to keep in mind is that you can't see the castle from the WP beach—the view is of Space Mountain. :thumbsup2

So, here is a bad boy question - if you purchase an escape package and have more than 20 some people show up - what happens? Has anyone experienced this? I mean if you have, lets say 32 people, show up and stand at your wedding location which, except for the cake and champagne for the 15 minute cutting, is all the wedding package includes - will anything happen? Basically, I want to have more people there than the minimum and don't understand why I need to pay more to have more family members there (all they are doing is standing there....thoughts?)

Second, how about Sunset Point - anyone to fit more than the 8 or 10 out there. I really want to have a beach wedding but the number there is too small. Thoughts?

Or - what do you think about just doing my own wedding on the Poly beach - without any help. Heck, I could plan it all myself without any real cost for venue (book a reception and pay for it myself, find a space for the cake cutting myself, and organize the details) - has anyone tried this? Basically, saying screw Disney weddings and just organize it yourself to skip the venue cost, find a preacher to do the ceremony, have a reception/dinner at a place and find somehwere for a cake cutting if you want (that is saying you could have it on the Poly beach - no one would seem to mind would they??) What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help and suggestions (and for guiding my bad, out of the box behavior haha).

So, here is a bad boy question - if you purchase an escape package and have more than 20 some people show up - what happens? Has anyone experienced this? I mean if you have, lets say 32 people, show up and stand at your wedding location which, except for the cake and champagne for the 15 minute cutting, is all the wedding package includes - will anything happen? Basically, I want to have more people there than the minimum and don't understand why I need to pay more to have more family members there (all they are doing is standing there....thoughts?)

Second, how about Sunset Point - anyone to fit more than the 8 or 10 out there. I really want to have a beach wedding but the number there is too small. Thoughts?

Or - what do you think about just doing my own wedding on the Poly beach - without any help. Heck, I could plan it all myself without any real cost for venue (book a reception and pay for it myself, find a space for the cake cutting myself, and organize the details) - has anyone tried this? Basically, saying screw Disney weddings and just organize it yourself to skip the venue cost, find a preacher to do the ceremony, have a reception/dinner at a place and find somehwere for a cake cutting if you want (that is saying you could have it on the Poly beach - no one would seem to mind would they??) What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help and suggestions (and for guiding my bad, out of the box behavior haha).

i'm not an expert on here but I am thinking that the answer to all your questions is unfortunately no!

I think your planner would stop more people coming to your ceremony as they are there to help on the day. And as you are already thinking of 32 people Sunset point just won't be a possibility with that number!

As for sneaking in a wedding, i think you would be stopped!

If more people turned up they would be turned away.

Sunset Point really is 10 people max, it is a very small location.

If you did your own wedding you would be thrown out.

Also, this type of question has been posted on here before and you need to keep in mind that you are asking this of brides who have gone the way of DFTW...

You might be able to get some ideas on how to cut some costs, but the 3 things you list as questions are really frowned upon.

I agree. You can't expect brides who have paid (or are planning on paying) for their weddings, to give their blessing to your suggestion that you might try to get something they paid good money for, for nothing!!
These ideas are sneaky and underhand and I am sure you will not get away with it, nor should you!!! I think you should forget it. If a Disney wedding is important to you, you should pay like everyone else.

To sum up your questions...

For the places that hold 20 people, you can pay $500 for an additional 5.

If more people happen to show up, a) you would lose your deposit b) be in breach of the contract c) except a huge bill to be overnighted to your door.

If you just happened to throw yourself a wedding and not through DFTW:
You are going to be obvious (unless all of the clothes are casual) and a cake is not going to go unnoticed. Do you want to remember your wedding day as having to sneak around and get in a ceremony so you don't get in trouble?

As many of the previous posters before have said, we are all going through DFTW. You probably are not going to get much help finding loopholes here.

Unfortunately, Disney has stopped allowing you to add 5 guests to the Escape guest limit for $500. Apparently they found that the larger groups require longer at the ceremony site for pictures, cake-cutting, etc. and were not well served by the Escape wedding format. Having 32 people at an Escape wedding would be even more complicated, in addition to all the other drawbacks already mentioned.

Unfortunately, Disney has stopped allowing you to add 5 guests to the Escape guest limit for $500. Apparently they found that the larger groups require longer at the ceremony site for pictures, cake-cutting, etc. and were not well served by the Escape wedding format. Having 32 people at an Escape wedding would be even more complicated, in addition to all the other drawbacks already mentioned.

OMG..when did this go in effect?? :scared1:

Hi lurkyloo

Do you know if this is for anyone who signs the contract now. I signed back in May and told my planner about the possibility of having the extra 5. A couple of my friends are serving overseas and they didn't know if they could attend. I just emailed my planner confirming that all 5 would attend and still have not heard back. I am a bit nervous.

I just received an addendum to our wedding today and listed in it was the option of adding up to 5 more guests for $500. We did sign our contract back in April so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
HTH
:flower3:

I emailed my planner and she said that since it was in the contract and I had mentioned that I might have 5 extra guest. It would be honored, but it is no longer offered for future brides.

I would recommend all brides who were counting on those 5 extra guest to contact their planners right away and make sure everything is okay.

Right—it just applies to those who don't already have it in their contracts. :thumbsup2

I cant believe that they are finding it hard to add the five extra people. I don't have any experience with DFTW, just a bride in planning, but thanks we got to squeeze our five people in ....

IMHO this is another stratagy (along with the $7500.00 minimum if you add a catered event) to 'encourage' couples to upgrade to 'Wishes'. How cynical am I???!!!

IMHO this is another stratagy (along with the $7500.00 minimum if you add a catered event) to 'encourage' couples to upgrade to 'Wishes'. How cynical am I???!!!

It is and it isn't.

The Escape wedding is supposed to be just a small set package and if you want more than that its a Wishes wedding.

I do find it "interesting." We don't want a reception, the cake cutting and two quick dances was just fine, but we definitely could have gone with more people. I don't see how it would take longer but Disney has their rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter