Erin + Rick's Wishes TR 4/4/11 UPDATE 1/17 : Our disneyweddingblog.com features!

Stumbled across your PJ and I love everything you have so far...I am obsessed with pockets and adore your dress and shoes. I'll be starting my welcome bags and such soon...Thank you for the inspiration...can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

Thanks so much for following along! Will hopefully be making an update this weekend!

Hi I'm just joining in. I luv all your plans. Your dress and shoes are really cute. And I love the newsletter and gift bag ideas very creative. Makes me wish I had a mac. Maybe one day. :)

I saw this poem and thought of you since you are using the dandelion as a logo for your wedding.

To the Dandelion

Dear common flower, that grow'st beside the way,
Fringing the dusty road with harmless gold,
First pledge of blithesome May,
Which children pluck, and, full of pride, uphold,
High-hearted buccaneers, o'erjoyed that they
An Eldorado in the grass have found,
Which not the rich earth's ample round
May match in wealth, thou art more dear to me
Than all the prouder summer-blooms may be.

Gold such as thine ne'er drew the Spanish prow
Through the primeval hush of Indian seas,
Nor wrinkled the lean brow
Of age, to rob the lover's heart of ease;
'Tis the Spring's largess, which she scatters now
To rich and poor alike, with lavish hand,
Though most hearts never understand
To take it at God's value, but pass by
The offered wealth with unrewarded eye.

Thou art my tropics and mine Italy;
To look at thee unlocks a warmer clime;
The eyes thou givest me
Are in the heart, and heed not space or time:
Not in mid June the golden-cuirassed bee
Feels a more summer-like warm ravishment
In the white lily's breezy tent,
His fragrant Sybaris, than I, when first
From the dark green thy yellow circles burst.

Then think I of deep shadows on the grass,
Of meadows where in sun the cattle graze,
Where, as the breezes pass,
The gleaming rushes lean a thousand ways,
Of leaves that slumber in a cloudy mass,
Or whiten in the wind, of waters blue
That from the distance sparkle through
Some woodland gap, and of a sky above,
Where one white cloud like a stray lamb doth move.

My childhood's earliest thoughts are linked with thee;
The sight of thee calls back the robin's song,
Who, from the dark old tree
Beside the door, sang clearly all day long,
And I, secure in childish piety,
Listened as if I heard an angel sing
With news from heaven, which he could bring
Fresh every day to my untainted ears
When birds and flowers and I were happy peers.

How like a prodigal doth nature seem,
When thou, for all thy gold, so common art!
Thou teachest me to deem
More sacredly of every human heart,
Since each reflects in joy its scanty gleam
Of heaven, and could some wondrous secret show,
Did we but pay the love we owe,
And with a child's undoubting wisdom look
On all these living pages of God's book.

James Russell Lowell [1819-1891]

If you get a chance...check out my blog. I put some of your pics on there:
http://paperperfectiononline.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post.html

Here are the bags I got (in pink and green):
ry%3D400

For the bear necessities bags:
ry%3D400

Have to work on putting those together

Little felt notebooks I got for a great deal at the Christmas Tree shop:
ry%3D400

Misc. ribbons for luggage tags and bag tags:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ceremony Programs I am going to print:
ry%3D400

Tags for the wish tree (purchase on etsy):
ry%3D400

Branches I have for the wish tree:
ry%3D400

Hope to incorporate these into the ceremony and reception (will find out pricing in our PS):
ry%3D400

I don't know if I ever posted my ring..so I will in the next post!

Here are my jewels! (headband with feathers, necklace and bracelet)

ry%3D400

A better photo of my engagement ring:
ry%3D400

A similar engagement ring setting with my wedding band (they added small diamonds in each circle detail):
ry%3D400

Rick's band is ceramic
ry%3D400

Up next activity packs for the kids for the reception!

I just discovered your PJ and I'm loving everything so far! You're so crafty! I love the orange and pink combo and your little welcome bags are so cute! I can't wait to see/hear more!:goodvibes

Update to come shortly! We just arrived home from our Planning Session trip!

Some highlights:
1. I have a new planning "fairy god-sister" who thanks to her, we were prepared for our PS.
2. Meeting our planner, and the floral designer
3. Our food tasting
4. Booking a special room to hold our welcome dinner
5. Enjoying the F&W fest
6. And bumping into the infamous Lurkyloo!!!

Photos and details to follow!

Hi! I'm just joining in! I love the colors you picked for your wedding and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes!!!!!!

I wish I was talented do to some DIY projects. I love all the things you've created! I can't wait to read more!!!

I've been soo busy and haven't had time to update so here are a few photos of some things I have been working on.

These are the luggage tags that will be sent to the guests once they make their reservations.
Front:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Back:
ry%3D400

I've tried every possible way to laminate them and nothing has met my ideal so they will not be laminated. I ran the layers through my sticker maker and they are held on with permanent adhesive and that's the best I can do! They are more a novelty, as they don't have personal info on them.

Here are the folders for the kids for the reception to keep them busy!
Thanks to Dolly, my cricut machine and my sticker maker.
ry%3D400

These are the coloring pages for the inside (they were free with my coke reward points):
ry%3D400

Each folder will have one of these pouches to contain the crayons/markers:
ry%3D400

The little kids will also get these in their folders:
ry%3D400

For the older kids:
ry%3D400

And for the little little kids between 6 months and 15 months they will get a set of three little disney board books. What does everyone think? :cutie:

Alright here goes...here are a few photos to start our PS trip.

Our itinerary for the trip included:
Arriving Sunday. We were both so excited for this trip!
ry%3D400

We headed over to the YC to get photos of our ceremony site as our room was not ready (which was understandable it was only 9:30am). To our surprise there was a ceremony just about to start!
ry%3D400

We decided to park ourselves (we'll I decided we should watch) on the bench as far as we could but close enough to "see" what was going on. The bride thanked us for attending her wedding and I told her she looked beautiful. :goodvibes Don't know if she was a disbride or not but it was 10/10/10
While sitting there a lady walking by was like that looks like a nice spot for a wedding. :laughing: I said "were getting married there next April." It was pretty funny!
ry%3D400

It was so helpful to see her ceremony as now we know where the guests and Rick will walk out from as well as my sister and I.

After her ceremony ended we decided to walk to our NEW reception spot of the Croquet Lawn. I wanted to see how long it would take to walk there!
Rick took on the job of the timer and it took 5 mins. walking at a leisurely pace.
ry%3D400

We have arrived!
ry%3D400

We just wandered around the BW to waste some time and there was an event happening at Jellyrolls!
ry%3D400

This concludes our 10/10/10 wedding stalkings. :rotfl:

We then headed back to AKL to check in - and were met with the research department asking if we wanted to participate in a survey. Which we agreed as we would be making a whopping $25 disney gift card. Little did we know how much time it would entail and we haven't finished it as of yet - although I am thinking it's too late to complete now! We had to keep track of all spending, locations we visited on site and off site, hot many fastpasses we used, how many shops we walked through and many more details!)
Here was our diary:
ry%3D400

My best friend from HS arrived late Sunday night with her BF - Rick was just getting over a cold and tired (we had gotten up around 4am that morning for our 6:30am flight) but I was running on excitement to see my friend and met her and Dan at the MK for EMH. We stayed until closing at 2:00am. More to come....

Everything looks great for the recent posts. I especially love the Minnie and Mickey silhouettes on your luggage tags.

If you tried regular lamination on the luggage tags and didn't like it...go to Walmart and get the clear adhesive shelf paper. (it is also called "peel and stick laminate" and you can find it with the shelf paper...it is a duck brand product, or at least the one I use is. You will get a large roll that you can use on tons of things and it is around $5) Half of the projects that I make, I laminate with an inexpesive laminating machine from Walmart, but when I want to laminate something and not have an 1/8 inch edge of lamination hanging off the project (or if I need to be able to bend the paper and/or wrap it around something, I use the shelf paper. You can add the shelf paper to the front and back of your tags and trim along the edge of the tag. It won't be as thick as regular lamination but it will keep the tags from being ruined if it rains and they will last a little longer.

This is also a GREAT product for covering hershey bar wrappers and water bottle labels! Your guests will think they were professionally made.

Hope that helps!

Erin! I love love LOVE all of the new DIY stuff! Absolutely amazing....Do you mind if I barrow some of your ideas :)?...I was also thinking of doing DIY luggage tags since my 1st idea will not work. I was originally thinking of doing a custom type iron on but discovered that they do not work well with the types of bags we got for our welcome bags (they are a nylon type of matierial). :thumbsup2

Thanks! Feel free :)

I'm just going to make cute tags for the welcome bags and the folders. They won't have a design on the side of the bag.

Erin! I love love LOVE all of the new DIY stuff! Absolutely amazing....Do you mind if I barrow some of your ideas :)?...I was also thinking of doing DIY luggage tags since my 1st idea will not work. I was originally thinking of doing a custom type iron on but discovered that they do not work well with the types of bags we got for our welcome bags (they are a nylon type of matierial). :thumbsup2

We finally get to check into our room and run to the balcony like little kids to see the animals!

We see my favorite animal!!
ry%3D400

I could watch them all day. How cute!
ry%3D400

This guy became our good friend and a joke for the whole trip. We named him George. He played hide and seek throughout our trip.
ry%3D400

We then ran out to the Food and Wine Festival to get dinner and catch Taylor Hicks sing (we saw him last year and enjoyed his show).
ry%3D400

Mmmm we love F&W fest. :love:

After the show we happened upon a DP going on in our spot so I had to check it out.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I looked at things like linens, where people stood or sat, if there were centerpieces, what people wore, etc. :bride: I guess these are the things you do when you're planning a wedding or as my fairy god-sister has taught me are important to take note of. Daily I go around looking at fonts, colors, prints, all in the name of the wedding planning. Never thought I would be thinking this way but I feel like I missed so much before this! :teacher:

These are the photos we came away with from the photopass photographer. Hmmm :scared1:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Don't adjust your screens or glasses - this was with my DSLR on auto.

Here is a photo I took moments later.
ry%3D400

I just don't understand how the photos they took came out blurry. :confused3

Goodnight F&W fest!

Good morning HS...
This restored my faith that photopass photographers can take a non-blurry photo.
ry%3D400

We ate a quick breakfast at the bakery and just sat and people watched. I have to admit this is one of the wonderful parts of having AP. Just taking things slow some days. No need to rush to a ride and getting to see all the people running! :goodvibes

This was the morning we were meeting my best friend from high school who I hadn't seen in years and her BF.
ry%3D400

We went to 50's Prime Time as Dan had never been. Right after lunch we went on RR. Yeah I'm one of those people that takes a picture of a picture. I am normally a rule follower but I just can't see spending that much money for one photo. This is where my rule following and thriftyness collide. :upsidedow

ry%3D400

We all made funny faces, we were really not that scared. :rotfl:

After that ride we went over to the Beauty and the Beast Show as we had never been! Now I liked Dan even more as he suggested we go see it! :cloud9: He's a keeper Maria!!!

ry%3D400

It was great!

Up next we had to run to get Maria's car as we had to go to Carolyn Allen's for Rick's tux fitting. We LOVED them, they were awesome!! Here is half of Rick's tux. :laughing:
ry%3D400

Minus the vest, minus the tie. Sue is going to be hand-making our ties for the boys in our fabric. :lovestruc

That's all for this evening! :surfweb:

If you haven't already made them all...I had one more idea for the luggage tag. Had you thought about making the back side all white by printing on white paper, adhering to the black tag and trimming the sides? Or you could trim it out the same way you trimmed the black paper to make a tag and use your sticker machine to adhere it to the black tag. Then you wouldn't have the black showing around the white. The original looks good...just an idea.

Hmmm good idea Dolly. I think I've made half of them so far. Might be worth a shot although i dread the idea of trying to line them all up on the cricut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter