Erin + Rick's Wishes TR 4/4/11 UPDATE 1/17 : Our disneyweddingblog.com features!

Great pics from your PS trip! I want to stay at AKL so bad - it's our home resort but we love being right at DTD when we stay at OKW or SSR.

We take pictures of the pictures too :) My mom calls them redneck photographs, lol. They are too expensive!

Hmmm good idea Dolly. I think I've made half of them so far. Might be worth a shot although i dread the idea of trying to line them all up on the cricut.

If you don't want to line them up on a cricut. Print the backside of the tag on white cardstock then trim down to where it is still larger than the tag, but easy enough to work with. Next with the white side facing you, hold the two pieces of paper up to a light source so that you can see the black tag through the white paper. Then you should be able to line up the white sheet with the black tag. Next use double sided tape to adhere the two. Flip it over so that the black tag is on top and use scissors to trim off the excess white paper.

If you decide to try laminating them with shelf paper...place the tag on the shelf paper (after you remove the backing). Then fold the laminating paper over so that both the front and the back are covered with the shelf paper. (Make sure there is at least 1/8 inch shelf paper around all four sides. Then use scissors and trim around the outside of the tag. You do not have to leave any excess shelf paper so cut right next to the tag.

Hope that makes sense and helps if you decide to try.

Hi Erin!!! Just checking in! Our big days are soo close! Hope all the planning is going well!

Hi Erin!!! Just checking in! Our big days are soo close! Hope all the planning is going well!

Thank goodness for my friend who has stepped in and helped more than I could ever thank her for. If it were not for her, I would be beyond stressed out at the moment. It probably helps that she keeps my to-do list away from me. hehe

It's getting so close!!! My poor PJ was abandoned, I just wasn't able to keep up with it, while trying to work to pay for the wedding! I promise a TR full of details!

One week from now I will be heading down to Fl with Rick following a few days later. Everyone that is coming seems really excited so that's awesome!

Hopefully I will be able to post once more before we leave! :cutie:

Hello from the akl! Were getting married in about 9 hours!! We had an awesome welcome party tonight, excited for tomorrow! I should probably get to sleep. Night

Thanks girls!! At akl for a couple more days! Aside from a bout of food poisoning, everything has been awesome! Photos and details to follow!

Congratulations on the BIG day! I can't wait to see your TR. I hope all is well and your wedding/honeymoon is extra special!

I saw your pics on the Roots blog and from the few pics I saw everything looked like so much fun!!! Your colors all popped in the pictures. I can't wait to see and hear more.

Now that we are almost 4 months past our wedding the start of our wedding trip report is long overdue. Including the time i took off before our wedding, I was away from home for 3 weeks so there is a lot to cover. Things may be a little out of order as I got word that the Roots would be featuring us on their blog tomorrow.

My TR will flow something like this:
1. Vendor reviews
2. Root Photography blog :cheer2:
3. Back to the beginning of my trip with photos/details in the days
leading up to the wedding day

Without further adieu!

Vendor reviews:

Here starts our trip report! I'm not going to grade our vendors as we
liked them all and would use all of them again if we needed to!
I will give a quick synopsis of what our experiences were with each vendor.

Root Photography: We LOVED them! We had to get their base package in order to be able to afford them but that didn't matter. I knew we would love our photos and that we did! We got the full image disk and haven't decided what to do with the photos yet! We used their services for engagement photos, our welcome party and most of our wedding day. I loved that Jensey didn't try to convince me to take photos without my glasses! And Nates sense of humor often had us genuinely laughing in our photos. Would highly recommend them! :lovestruc

Simply Cinematic: originally we had planned to skip videography because of budget reasons and my dislike of everyday wedding videos that would bore viewers. When my friend introduced and insisted we had to hire rainer and Jon, we were hooked on their cinematic style trailers/movies. We have yet to see our trailer but wait with much excitement! What I liked most from our wedding day was the fact that I didn't realize they were there taping. I often joke that I hope they were really there, as I didn't see them until the end of the day! We used them for our welcome party and most of our wedding day.

Carol Mikles (DFTW planner): We loved her! She knew her stuff! For the most part she was quick to get back to us. Actually when I read that it took people weeks to hear from their planner, I realized that she often responded within a day or two. Her assistant changed towards the beginning of our planning, which was disappointing but worked out ok. If she reads this, a gift will arrive shortly! Hehe do we get a year to send our gifts out? :cutie:

Warren Haseltine (Disney Florist designer): Warren has since left the florist, which we were sad to hear. He was so dedicated to our wedding. Often spending time at home looking things up and planning when he wasn't "working." I often had to plan when I wanted to email him as he only worked mwf, but I adjusted to that schedule. His assistant, Jen, was just as helpful and arranged for shipping things back to ct after the wedding and saved us a ton of money in the end. :littleangel:

Beaute Speciale: They did a great job! The only disappointment I had was that the person that did my trial in November did not do my hair for the wedding (I thought the whole point was to have the continuity). Either way, we booked them for hair and makeup for our welcome party the night before so that essentially was my second "trial." They were timely each day and were a lot of fun while we were getting ready. They had us laughing throughout the day which took the edge off. All the girls were happy with their hair and makeup! :wizard:

Shelley from Impressions: www.fairytalewedding.com Shelley started out by printing our invites. My friend designed them, but Shelley really made the project her own ensuring they were printed to her standards. In the days leading up to our wedding we ended up adding so many little touches which really made our day that much more memorable. The costs certainly added up but the quality was really worth it. Shelley even brought little details to our day from her personal collections which meant a lot to us. I know her hard work made our day look the way we intended it. :yay:

And last but certainly not least!

Yehaa Bob Jackson: from the moment we saw Bob's show at the POR, we knew we had to have him involved in our wedding at some level. Bob was awesome and always told us "it will all work out." Before I explain where we had Bob for our wedding, I must tell you that initially music was one of the areas of our budget where we didn't really like any of the options disney provided so we were going to have a basic guitarist. In the end we ended up spending a ton more to have Bob for our welcome party, ceremony and reception, but he was worth his weight in gold. He met and exceeded our expectations. :woohoo:

Up next: our feature on the Root blog!!!

I promise tons of photos in the coming posts!

Ohmygosh. Your wedding is seriously one of the best I've ever seen!!! :lovestruc:wizard: Every single detail is immaculate. I love the bright colors! You look so happy. :goodvibes Great welcome party too! It's so unique--makes me wish I was a guest! :rotfl: I can't wait to see part 2 of the wedding! I'm on the edge of my seat now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter