Erin + Rick's Wishes TR 4/4/11 UPDATE 1/17 : Our disneyweddingblog.com features!

Backtracking... ok so it was about a year ago we went down for site visits and decided that we were getting married at the yacht club gazebo and that our reception would be lunch at Narcossees. We then got home and I started thinking about it. I thought maybe it would best to move the ceremony to the Grand Floridian so we could cut costs and avoid transportation. Great idea right? I have never been fond of the wedding pavilion - its just too formal for our style - we wanted something different, something unexpected. I saw pictures of a wedding in the Marina and thought it could be perfect! My only concern was the cost for decor for that space. I contacted the bride who used it for ideas and that’s when I met my Fairy God Sister (will be referred to as FGS :littleangel:). This was where my PJ ended (sorry!!) From that point on with her help our wedding took off in a whole new direction.

Sing with me! A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view, no one to tell us no or where to go, or say we’re only dreaming! It’s prettier in french - Ce rêve bleu, c'est un nouveau monde en couleurs, où personne ne nous dit, c'est interdit, de croire encore au bonheur!

Ok our wedding had nothing to do with Aladdin. Moving on!

The first thing we figured out was that we really wanted bright colors, mainly bright pink. I knew I wanted my husband to wear a brightly colored tie. I found an etsy seller with five different fabrics that I loved. With the help of FGS we picked hot pink with orange polka dots - LOVE polka dots!!
tiefabric.jpg
That was it! The colors were hot pink and bright orange. We just needed an accent and so we picked bright blue which I think complemented everything perfectly. Hot pink, bright orange and bright blue - I was in love.

I still had concerns about ceremony decor. FGS suggested something she had seen a while back on Carly’s blog. http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/04/and-theme-for-week-ishome-events.html ( LOVE this blog!!!) The poms were PERFECT for decor. They were the bright punches of color (and jumbo polka dots) that we were looking for on a budget that we could work with. The only problem - they did not even begin to go with the space in Narcossees that we had liked so much. DH and I were torn. Then FGS suggested we keep the ceremony location at the yacht club and do an outdoor reception at the Boardwalk. I was really hesitant - what if it rained? All I could picture was pouring rain on our wedding day and us being stuck in an empty ballroom that we were not prepared for. After much debate we decided to move the reception to the Croquet Lawn at the Boardwalk. (Insert FGS doing cartwheels here.)

Suddenly our wedding was coming together!!! :cheer2: I was very lucky that we had access to photoshop and were able to piece together all of our ideas. It took a number of drafts and lots of dreaming to figure out exactly what it was that we wanted but we kept working on it. It was so helpful to be able to visualize everything. Most of what was done was never saved as a Jpeg, but here are a few of the pictures that were uploadable.

ry400.jpg

gerberahedges.jpg

ErinsCeremony.jpg

justpinkgerberas.jpg

ceremonyspacewithpetals.jpg

(Just so that DH could be a part of the drafts FGS ever so slightly disguised my wedding dress.)

ErinsDress.jpg

See not that different! LOL!!! :rotfl:

Before long, we had reached something that was simple and perfect and completely and totally us.

nopetalsorhedgepoms.jpg

ceremonyfinal.jpg

This was our dream ceremony space. :cloud9:

Next up reception and cake planning.

What a GREAT idea to use photoshop to decorate your site!!! I am so totally doing that! :)

Sorry for the life size photos!

Up next is our reception! We worked really hard to make this a unique event for our guests. Thanks to my fairy god-sister for her tireless hours spent on the DIY aspects! It still makes me smile to this day!

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2012/01/erin-ricks-walt-disney-world-wedding_9638.html

Our cake!

L+23.jpg

detailed shot (as mentioned I grew up with my dad raising bees so it meant a lot to me to have them incorporated into our day):

L+24.jpg

Here we all are:
L_36.jpg

At the end of our reception we had almost an hour to wander around with the Roots to take photos!

P_3.jpg

P+11.jpg

Boy were we exhausted! Back to the akl for a nap before the dp!

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2012/01/erin-ricks-walt-disney-world-wedding_4203.html

some of the treats we had:
DP+2.jpg

sadly we were not able to take any to-go!

But we did have one last surprise guest (my gift to Rick)
DP+3.jpg

we even got "PUSH" personalized Mickey ears. :wizard:

I don't think the exhaustion set in until the next couple of days! The memories of our wedding will live on in our minds forever. To my fairy god sister, my sister and best friend, thank you for all your help along the way! :grouphug:

Hey Erin!!
I'm so glad to see you have a PJ, I've seen your wedding in so many other places and so glad you bumped it up for me to find! :goodvibes

I seriously love everything about your wedding, it looks so incredibly fun!!

Did you have a custom menu for your DP to get it to $18/person per the blog post? Just wondering since your treats look awesome! Can you PM me if you don't want to share how you got it there? :) Absolutely love "PUSH" too and had no idea he was available to "book" haha!

Love it all!! :love:

Hey Erin!!
I'm so glad to see you have a PJ, I've seen your wedding in so many other places and so glad you bumped it up for me to find! :goodvibes

I seriously love everything about your wedding, it looks so incredibly fun!!

Did you have a custom menu for your DP to get it to $18/person per the blog post? Just wondering since your treats look awesome! Can you PM me if you don't want to share how you got it there? :) Absolutely love "PUSH" too and had no idea he was available to "book" haha!

Love it all!! :love:

Thanks for the kind compliments!

The dp menu was custom to get the cost down. We literally took one item away at a time, to get to the right price. The cheesecake pushups were the chef's idea, and they were yummy! The price Cassie posted was off, we spent $28/pp. We had the following desserts.

Key lime tarts
strawberries with whipped cream
cheesecake pushups
chocolate eclairs
fruit tarts
marshmallow squares with butterscotch chips
mickey rice crispy treats
mini chocolate chip cookies
fruit punch
coffee/tea
and BOC milk

Hope that helps! There was beyond enough food even after a break between the reception and dessert party!

Thanks Erin!
mmm that sounds so good! Cheesecake pushups sound amazing!!
is it lunch time yet?? :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the response!! We are still working on our menu and I love your list! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter