Epcot Dining Question

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am doing a few hours at Epcot on my arrival day. For those that have current-ish experience, is it better to do a table service or counter dining right now for Epcot?

Either is totally fine right now, in my opinion. It depends on whether or not you’re comfortable dining indoors, given the current climate. Tables at indoor restaurants are spaced significantly, and servers wear masks and face shields. Guests must wear masks at any time they are not seated at their table. I tend to wear my mask anytime I’m not actively eating or drinking in the restaurants, too. The only thing you’ll find with Epcot restaurants right now is that with the International Program having been suspended, most of the CMs working around the World Showcase are not from those countries.

Either is totally fine right now, in my opinion. It depends on whether or not you’re comfortable dining indoors, given the current climate. Tables at indoor restaurants are spaced significantly, and servers wear masks and face shields. Guests must wear masks at any time they are not seated at their table. I tend to wear my mask anytime I’m not actively eating or drinking in the restaurants, too. The only thing you’ll find with Epcot restaurants right now is that with the International Program having been suspended, most of the CMs working around the World Showcase are not from those countries.

I am more concerned with having a decent meal at the end of a long day. I plan to arrive in Epcot around 3:30PM-4:00PM. Going to do a few rides then finish out with shopping and a meal. Leave for Orlando a week from tomorrow, so finalizing all of my plans now. Thanks for your input.

We had great experiences at TS restaurants with ADRs right at closing time (La Hacienda and Rose and Crown). They were both nearly empty at that time, so we were nowhere near other people and we were not rushed at all. We had good meals at both.
There are also lots of great QS options, too, though my favorite is closed (Tangierine Cafe).

We had great experiences at TS restaurants with ADRs right at closing time (La Hacienda and Rose and Crown). They were both nearly empty at that time, so we were nowhere near other people and we were not rushed at all. We had good meals at both.
There are also lots of great QS options, too, though my favorite is closed (Tangierine Cafe).

I was looking at Chefs de France, La Hacienda, San Angel Inn, and Spice Road Table(which has a decent small plates menu right now) if I ate in Epcot. Other option is to go over to Disney Springs or get something on the Boardwalk, but given it’s my arrival day, might be a little tiring to do that.

I vote table service all the way, with reservations in advance. My experience has been amazing. The restaurants are quieter, and you don't have to stand in long lines for quick service. I felt safer sitting in a restaurant than trying to stand in line for food. There are less people walking around, and no one forgets to be socially distanced (read: you don't have Lucy-Lou or Lucy-Lou's child all in your personal space... everyone has had that person behind them :p).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter