Epcot After Hours NOW On Sale for Resort Guests!!

I tend to agree with you, but I still purchased tickets for our July trip. We are staying at BWV, so it's just too tempting knowing we can walk back to our resort after the party.
Hmmm true. We are staying at BW as well (the inn though). I have to talk to my husband about it though because we went to the HS one last week and it’s $445 for the 3 of us

Reactions: rlk
I read that Guardians will be included in this event. How do we think wait time will be for this? Husband and I are considering booking for our June trip and access to Guardians would be a huge selling feature for us.
also wondering this. We'd be buying for Aug 17th, and i'm trying to decide if we should buy now or wait and see til after the first one happens and we get some reports back.

Where/how can you purchase? I signed into my account but didn't see where the option is. Thanks!

Nevermind - I found it!

Last edited:

also wondering this. We'd be buying for Aug 17th, and i'm trying to decide if we should buy now or wait and see til after the first one happens and we get some reports back.
Guardians was apparently open for Moonlight Magic (think free After Hours for DVC members) and from what I read the wait times were pretty much 10-15 minutes (to get on the ride, not the pre-show).

Regarding Guardians, I'm curious if this is a sign it will be going to ILL and Stand-By with Iron opening up. Has Disney ever run 2 VQs at the same time? I'm thinking that would crash their system.

Regarding Guardians, I'm curious if this is a sign it will be going to ILL and Stand-By with Iron opening up. Has Disney ever run 2 VQs at the same time? I'm thinking that would crash their system.
I would be curious of Guardians wait time as well since I think that is the main draw for people booking Epcot AH, similar to FOP for AK After Hours. And I agree that I think they will drop the VQ on it soon…

I would be curious of Guardians wait time as well since I think that is the main draw for people booking Epcot AH, similar to FOP for AK After Hours. And I agree that I think they will drop the VQ on it soon…

I'd think it's one of 3 main reasons - it, Remy, and Frozen. Given that so many people seem to have motion issues on it, who knows though. I guess it will depend on how many people have no issues and want to ride it - or how many people have issues but don't care about ruining the rest of their trip to ride it.

I bought tickets for June 15th. In the confirmation email I received, it stated that the event check-in will take place by the main entrance. We are staying at BWV and I am assuming I will still be able to enter at the International Gateway at 7:00 and be able to walk through the park to get to the main entrance. We won't have regular park tickets this trip so my party ticket is my only way in. Anyone think they would make the Epcot hotel guests enter through the main entrance?

I've also read that after the MK DAH, the walkway to GF was closed and the only option after the party was to take the bus back to GF. I can't imagine that they would close the walkway from the International Gateway after the event. Any thoughts on this as well? Has the walkway to the Epcot hotels remained open after the extra evening hours?

I realize that we won't know for sure until they actually begin the Epcot DAH events. Just looking for a little reassurance that staying at BWV (our favorite resort!) is still a good choice!

I bought tickets for June 15th. In the confirmation email I received, it stated that the event check-in will take place by the main entrance. We are staying at BWV and I am assuming I will still be able to enter at the International Gateway at 7:00 and be able to walk through the park to get to the main entrance. We won't have regular park tickets this trip so my party ticket is my only way in. Anyone think they would make the Epcot hotel guests enter through the main entrance?

I've also read that after the MK DAH, the walkway to GF was closed and the only option after the party was to take the bus back to GF. I can't imagine that they would close the walkway from the International Gateway after the event. Any thoughts on this as well? Has the walkway to the Epcot hotels remained open after the extra evening hours?

I realize that we won't know for sure until they actually begin the Epcot DAH events. Just looking for a little reassurance that staying at BWV (our favorite resort!) is still a good choice!

Without a park ticket and reservation, you will only be allowed to enter where they are doing AH check-in. If that's at the front, that's at the front. If you want to enter through IG you'll have to get a park ticket and reservation for the day.

Also be aware that there's a good chance the IG exit will be closed at the end of the night. I did the D23 preview for Cosmic Rewind when I was staying one night at the Riviera and the Skyliner was not running at the end of our event - we had to take busses back.

I would imagine they will allow entrance from the IG side as well. There are so many resorts that would use that entrance that expecting people to find their own ways to the main entrance (since no buses from Pop, Art, Riviera, Caribbean, Beach, Yacht, and Boardwalk) would not be feasible.

Disneyland had Rise and the Spider-Man ride at one point.

Disneyland had Rise and the Spider-Man ride at one point.

Ah. Did not know that - don't keep up with the CA stuff since I'm on the east coast. I'd think the pool of people using them would have been much lower there though than in FL, right?

Ah. Did not know that - don't keep up with the CA stuff since I'm on the east coast. I'd think the pool of people using them would have been much lower there though than in FL, right?
I don't keep up on it either bc I'm east coast too but I do remember it being talked about on podcasts and socials at the time. Obviously there's less people in CA but I think it's weird that people are just kind of assuming WDW wouldn't do it just because it hasn't been done in FL before. The language on the app has always allowed for it.

I’m sure you’ll be able to enter & exit thru IG. They can easily designate a tap point for the event gates. There is no transportation to the front of Epcot from any of the Epcot or skyliner resorts. Your main entrance is the IG. The alternative is Disney would have to provide buses to all those resorts from basically 6:30 til an hour after the event. I’ve been going to WDW & staying at Epcot resorts for 30 years. There has never been a time the IG was closed & buses to front of the resort used. Having a few CMs scan guests in at IG is much cheaper for Disney than running buses all night long.

As for the walkway to MK from GF, that is due to construction & has nothing to do with closing for the late events. There is no construction going on that would affect the IG. So not the same situation at all. Plus it is well known many people book Epcot resorts specifically for walking to events like this. The skyliner is a different situation, that is similar to the monorail & May close before the event ends, so those resorts may use buses at the end of the night.

edit to clarify: skyliner resorts get buses to the main entrance when the skyliner is down for weather or maintenance. Epcot resorts never have bus transportation to the front of the resort. They have boats to IG. Walking is the alternative to the boats. IG is their admission point to Epcot.

Last edited:
I don't keep up on it either bc I'm east coast too but I do remember it being talked about on podcasts and socials at the time. Obviously there's less people in CA but I think it's weird that people are just kind of assuming WDW wouldn't do it just because it hasn't been done in FL before. The language on the app has always allowed for it.

The only reason I'm thinking they might eliminate it is its inclusion with After Hours and no mention of needing a boarding group for them.

Also, given the history of Disney IT I definitely foresee crashes. Unless they made one start at 7 and one at 7:15 or something to keep the traffic down.

The only reason I'm thinking they might eliminate it is its inclusion with After Hours and no mention of needing a boarding group for them.
While I don't disagree that the VQ might be eliminated, Guardians ran as a standby line for 2 Moonlight Magic events for DVC members in February.

While I don't disagree that the VQ might be eliminated, Guardians ran as a standby line for 2 Moonlight Magic events for DVC members in February.

Interesting. I'm not DVC so I have no info on those events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter