Enough with the cleaning

I tend to agree with most of the OP's points about sanitation and the spread of COVID-19 is really borne from water droplets in the air and not surface contamination. And I don't think that it is fair to say that the OP was dismissing all sanitation and hygiene practices.

But, it does warm my heart that people may have been a bit more vigilant lately (due to COVID-19 work rules or health guidance or better self-awareness) to wash hands and clean surfaces more frequently than they had in the past. These practices reduce germs, bacteria, virus, etc. generally speaking. Let's face it, kids (and some adults) don't always use a tissue when cleaning their noses. And that's just yucky.

I tend to agree with most of the OP's points about sanitation and the spread of COVID-19 is really borne from water droplets in the air and not surface contamination. And I don't think that it is fair to say that the OP was dismissing all sanitation and hygiene practices.

But, it does warm my heart that people may have been a bit more vigilant lately (due to COVID-19 work rules or health guidance or better self-awareness) to wash hands and clean surfaces more frequently than they had in the past. These practices reduce germs, bacteria, virus, etc. generally speaking. Let's face it, kids (and some adults) don't always use a tissue when cleaning their noses. And that's just yucky.
The flip side of that is that exposure to germs and viruses strengthens the immune system, especially in younger people. So with all this current hyper-vigilance, are we creating a generation or generations of people who will be more vulnerable and thus sicker than us old farts? I mean, nobody wants to be sick, but occasional illness is a part of being human. Plus, if you've got school age kids in your home (like I do), you're going to be exposed to germs and viruses regardless of your vigilance.

OP, I agree with you and others that it is all theatre now, and disney's fear that people won't visit without all this.
My daughter is a germaphobe. She has always carried hand sanitizer, and is very conscious of wiping things down, staying away of those who are coughing and sneezing. She has done this before covid and will continue after. Even with all the cleaning and sanitizing while at disney with her, we all got sick at one time or another while at disney. Disney itself is a germ factory IMO,with all the different people from all over. That will never change IMO. I do hope they continue with better cleaning than they have done before. But there's no way they can keep all the rails clean all the time. You will get exposed to many germs, and viruses while at disney. An unavoidable fact.IMO(all of this is IMO, lol) Those who want to continue with their own personal sanitizing and mask wearing should, even after all this is over. But disney and all other parks will never be germ free.

Hi-so I have OCD and am a germaphobe and was one long before and will be one long after. Yes, overcleaning can do more harm than good (casually side eyes to my dry hands as I type this) BUT at the same time this is a huge chunk of land-same can be said for almost all theme parks and resorts. They should maintain multiple cleaning times a day. I can foresee them reducing it, but not going to once a day. Last summer due to unemployment and needing work I found myself working outdoors where we had to clean after every new group of humans. Granted it was a spray and they did huge cleanings with those special fog machine like sanitizers at night and on the weekends so we didn't have to do a lot, but we still had to sanitize and/or clean as per our state and local laws at least 5-6 times a day (generally whenever a new group came through). Even at lunch we had to wipe down our area. Even now back at my job we have to wipe down our area before someone else comes in. It is totally up to the parks how they want to clean, as well as state and local rules. While I foresee them reducing it, it will not and tbh shouldn't go to once a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter