Enough with the cleaning

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
I agree.

All that constant scrubbing, soaping and sanitizing?
It can stop now.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its safety guidelines this week, recommending that cleaning once a day is usually enough to maintain a healthy facility.
Routine use of disinfectants to fight COVID-19 virus is unnecessary when no people with confirmed or suspected cases are known to have been in a space, it says.

Calling deep cleaning “a distraction,” public health experts welcomed the news, saying there is little evidence that contaminated surfaces spread the virus.

CDC update: We're over-cleaning to stop COVID-19 (mercurynews.com)
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility | CDC

The purpose of cleaning at WDW was to make guests feel safe, not to actually make them more safe. Keep in mind Disney sent out a lot of surveys before re-opening asking guests what types of practices would make them feel like it was safe to come.

I agree though, hopefully with increasing vaccination rates they will phase out stopping rides for routine cleaning during the day.

I hope the plexy glass in the lines stay in the end. so nice not having someone touching you for no reason when they reach for the bar or sit on the barriers .

I agree.

It can stop now.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its safety guidelines this week, recommending that cleaning once a day is usually enough to maintain a healthy facility.
Routine use of disinfectants to fight COVID-19 virus is unnecessary when no people with confirmed or suspected cases are known to have been in a space, it says.

Calling deep cleaning “a distraction,” public health experts welcomed the news, saying there is little evidence that contaminated surfaces spread the virus.

I've been saying the more people clean and use hand sanitizer, the more likely that MRSA or something is going to get us. Are we creating the real superbug? Would be our luck, like most horror movies. We cured cancer by using this new tech!!! Hooray!! *New tech causes zombies*

The purpose of cleaning at WDW was to make guests feel safe, not to actually make them more safe. Keep in mind Disney sent out a lot of surveys before re-opening asking guests what types of practices would make them feel like it was safe to come.

I agree though, hopefully with increasing vaccination rates they will phase out stopping rides for routine cleaning during the day.
Security theater. It's the same principle as TSA at the airport. They're checking for ways the security has been breached in the past. Potential evildoers won't use the same ways they did before, they'll do something different.

If you consider dropping numbers in Texas after the removal of mask mandates, I'd suggest that masks are also security theater as well.

Security theater. It's the same principle as TSA at the airport. They're checking for ways the security has been breached in the past. Potential evildoers won't use the same ways they did before, they'll do something different.

If you consider dropping numbers in Texas after the removal of mask mandates, I'd suggest that masks are also security theater as well.
I'm all for following the rules and it bugs me when others don't but some things just don't make sense. Like walking into a restaurant and sitting down u need a mask but once you start eating it's fine. Heh alot of the rules were made due to not understanding the virus. Throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what would help. Kinda just like the cleaning. They clean every so often now but it dosnt do much.. what about the people who just got off than the new group to get on. Unless you hit it right when it was cleaned the cleaning cycle dosnt matter.

Diligent hand-washing and wiping of commonly touched surfaces are never going to protect us thoroughly but nor will they hurt us! I can only speak for our family but in the year that has passed since COVID precautions took over our lives, no one in our immediate household or extended family has had so much as a sniffle from any of the seasonal bugs that are usually passed around.

I don’t mind the new barriers that diminish the chance of being coughed and sneezed upon, either. After years of commuting by bus, I can still recall my stomach turning as I listened to those all around during cold and flu season. Yuk. Glad to be retired!!!

But I really do want to travel - LOL.

Different strokes for different folks. As a germaphobe, I don't mind it.

Seeing that I was just at WDW saw and heard a grown woman use the facilities in a very intimate manner (tmi, number 2) and walk out of the restroom without glancing at the sinks, I was disgusted. Dry heave disgusted. It is foul to me. 🤮 And I know she is not the only one. Happens all the time. But if they want to clean her fecal matter off my FOP banshee or RNR restraints then go ahead. Clean away!

I am not overly concerned with COVID, if I was I wouldn't have gone. I am just a germaphobe who likes things to be cleaned. 😁

A lot of the theater is to make people feel good not to really be useful. Like our school closes a half day every Wednesday to clean for covid, so I guess covid only spreads germs on Wednesdays?
Or that we have to wear masks walking into a restaurant but we can sit and eat and drink for hours with our masks off. We all know coronavirus spread stops immediately upon sitting at a table. Common sense has gone out the window the past year. Joggers out alone running with a mask on like the virus is in the street waiting to jump into our lungs. And don’t get me started on people alone in their cars masked up.

A lot of the theater is to make people feel good not to really be useful. Like our school closes a half day every Wednesday to clean for covid, so I guess covid only spreads germs on Wednesdays?
Or that we have to wear masks walking into a restaurant but we can sit and eat and drink for hours with our masks off. We all know coronavirus spread stops immediately upon sitting at a table. Common sense has gone out the window the past year. Joggers out alone running with a mask on like the virus is in the street waiting to jump into our lungs. And don’t get me started on people alone in their cars masked up.
I'm guilty of leaving my mask on in the car.. but for only 2 reasons.. 1 it's cold and it's keeping my face warm 2. I'm going to another store and I finally got it to where it's not fogging my glasses might as well leave it on. Hah

I'm all for following the rules and it bugs me when others don't but some things just don't make sense. Like walking into a restaurant and sitting down u need a mask but once you start eating it's fine. Heh alot of the rules were made due to not understanding the virus. Throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what would help.
Do you have a counter proposal for getting food into your mouth without removing the mask?

I agree.

It can stop now.

Ok. But even if it’s not for Covid. I think the cleaning has been the best thing to come out of all this. Be honest, all those people. Haven’t you had you or a family member ever gotten sick on a trip? Ugh. Kids slide their hands down the handrails in the queue and then lick the cotton candy off their fingers. 🤮 Bring on the cleaning!

Well it's either safe enough indoors for food consumption or it's not. It's quiet simple.
Is walking down a busy street the same as walking alone on an empty trail? They're both walking outdoors.

You're applying black/white logic when we live in a world that is painted in shades of gray. Dining indoors is certainly a higher risk activity but there are ways to mitigate portions of that risk. We should do those.

Last edited:
...Haven’t you had you or a family member ever gotten sick on a trip? Ugh. Kids slide their hands down the handrails in the queue and then lick the cotton candy off their fingers. 🤮
....ewwww....I will NEVER get that outta my mind's eye... :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter