"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

I love your Cinderella shirt!

Sounds like a fun afternoon! And a nice dinner at LTT with Caroline!

Ending the day with Illuminations sounded like a good plan! I love the nighttime topiary pics you got.

I stopped in France to check out those topiaries, plus some photos
I can't put into words how much I love those Muppets topiaries

She loved it and we twirled…
Ah so cute! Your dress is perfect.

And I loved how the photopass person timed it for a monorail shot!
Wow way to go photopass. Gold stars!!

At the end, the chef brought out a lovely plate of chocolates (he is friends with Kari), which we all shared. That castle – it’s chocolate, not a printed design on the plate!
Okay 1- super neat that you got an extra treat and 2- I would never have guessed that the castle wasn't on the plate!

On the way out I saw the tiled floors so had to take photos!
Again with the perfect dress

Caroline and I did some switcheroos with clothing. I brought her "tea" dress with me so she didn’t need to carry it around in the morning and after tea, I gave her my dress so I didn’t wear it to Magic Kingdom. It is very cute, but also it was hot and humid, so not the most comfortable!
#teamwork

Then over to Fantasyland, where I FINALLY found my first Pascal!
Yay success!

And Pascal’s cousins
:rotfl2:

Though I will be very happy once they reconfigure the entrance so you don’t have to go thru security again.
AMEN SISTER

Headed out through the International Gateway and saw this in the UK pavilion (this was the day Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had their baby)
Aww so cute!

What a fun and cute day!

Love your tank top!

Baby duckies

BxMRbdG.jpg

GAH I can't get over that one on the end who has his little flipper mid-air!!! They are SUCH cuties!!!

I love these!

At first both of us were worried about the food as some of it (mac and cheese, meats) looked pretty dry as the server set it down. Thankfully we were wrong, as it was all delicious! The Turkey was great, especially once you put gravy on it. Pot Roast was tender. Mac and Cheese was sooo yummy – not too soupy cheesy, just the right amount and flavor I like. I probably ate ¾ of the bowl! The only thing we both didn’t like was the pork tenderloin – that was a bit dry and I wasn’t a fan of the spice rub on it. The desserts weren’t really my cup of tea, just because I’m not the biggest fan of those flavors, but honestly I don’t really need those if I can stuff myself with the savory foods!

The food looked really good here! I've been staying away from LTT for a few years, but I'm glad to hear a positive review!

Glad you saw Illuminations one last time, but sad you're going home tomorrow!

If we had more time, we should have tried to do DLH tea! I like it more than the one at the Grand because they theme it to every event (so Toy Story, or Halloween, or Christmas). And I felt the tea sandwiches were more "normal".

Interesting. The sandwiches you described on your tea were actually pretty traditional British tea sandwiches, but I wouldn't mind if they Californiaized it at S55.

Baby duckies

Oh so cute!

This was probably the worse lovebug ride experience, with them just swarming everywhere. Sooo gross!

That just sounds nasty. That's one part of this trip that I'm glad I missed.

Then over to Fantasyland, where I FINALLY found my first Pascal!

Oh, how cute! I need to look for those!

And Pascal’s cousins

:rotfl2:

That looks absolutely delicious!

Back to the room, where I had to finish packing and collecting everything, as I was leaving the next day.

Coming up - saying goodbye!

I always hate that part of the trip!

Interesting. The sandwiches you described on your tea were actually pretty traditional British tea sandwiches, but I wouldn't mind if they Californiaized it at S55.
So these are the things we had in April 2018. Sandwiches were cucumber w/cream cheese, tomato and mozzarella, egg salad, smoked salmon. And we got 2 scones each-currant and maple pecan (seasonal). The kids one has chocolate chip, and the lady brought me that one too! They also have the option to add a salad and glass of champagne!
8DDF8800-79A7-4B53-9AB0-F4533C09D54B.jpeg797BC43B-446E-4114-B3FF-98B82840126F.jpeg

Though if you are looking for fancy local teas, I love the one at the Langham in Pasadena. On Sundays they have Chocolate Tea, which is as decadent as it sounds!

The food at LTT looked sounds really good actually...I hadn't really thought about eating there before, but now want to try it! So much food to eat at WDW and never enough time lol

I agree with you about Laugh Floor! It's a great attraction, but totally dependent on who ends up on camera to make or break the show. That's really the only time things seem to get changed up, too, if the monsters have to do some funny improv because of something random that happens with the people on camera.

Mmm your meal at LTT sounded really good! I've only ever been for lunch, so we've never done the AYCTE bit. We might have to give it a try sometime! Apparently they also do a good job with special dietary stuff.

You fit lots of stuff in that day! I'm going to miss Illuminations now! But looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Love your Cinderella shirt!

Laugh floor is one of my favorites too but it definitely is hit or miss. It's the best when you get a hysterical one!

I enjoyed our dinner! It was a fun evening hanging out with you!

I feel the same way about Illuminations, however, after the DestiNations tour and the meaning of the show now explained more in detail to me, oh my, very sentimental!
Yeah it was definitely great to have a fun low-key dinner!
Sounds like a fun last day, except for the love bugs. So annoying.
Ugh, don't remind me! Sooo gross!
I love your Cinderella shirt!

Sounds like a fun afternoon! And a nice dinner at LTT with Caroline!

Ending the day with Illuminations sounded like a good plan! I love the nighttime topiary pics you got.
I'm actually wearing that shirt right now, haha!
I agree about illuminations! The middle part is very boring to me!
Good to know it's not just me!
Ah so cute! Your dress is perfect.
Thanks!
Wow way to go photopass. Gold stars!!
I know - I was excited to see that!
GAH I can't get over that one on the end who has his little flipper mid-air!!! They are SUCH cuties!!!
I love the Disney ducks!
The food looked really good here! I've been staying away from LTT for a few years, but I'm glad to hear a positive review!
Yeah, maybe you'll get a chance to go on a future family trip!
The food at LTT looked sounds really good actually...I hadn't really thought about eating there before, but now want to try it! So much food to eat at WDW and never enough time lol
Oh I know - I have a spreadsheet of all the places I want to eat and I try to check them off as I eat them. But for every one I check off, they add 2 others!
I agree with you about Laugh Floor! It's a great attraction, but totally dependent on who ends up on camera to make or break the show. That's really the only time things seem to get changed up, too, if the monsters have to do some funny improv because of something random that happens with the people on camera.

Mmm your meal at LTT sounded really good! I've only ever been for lunch, so we've never done the AYCTE bit. We might have to give it a try sometime! Apparently they also do a good job with special dietary stuff.

You fit lots of stuff in that day! I'm going to miss Illuminations now! But looking forward to seeing what comes next.
On my first trip, my sister ended up on camera for 3/4 of our showings! It made it pretty fun!

Yeah, you'll definitely need to give it a try. I think they added the AYCTE to lunchtime recently?
Love your Cinderella shirt!

Laugh floor is one of my favorites too but it definitely is hit or miss. It's the best when you get a hysterical one!
I loved when one little boy said he wanted to be Spiderman when he grew up. So cute!

Ok, I just need to get this report done! Definitely won’t be starting up the Feb TR until I return though…

Day 11 - May 7

It was departure day. So sad!

In the morning the three roomies said our goodbyes. I think Molly was headed to another park, but Caroline and I headed to Epcot. I still had a lot of Flower and Garden things to experience!

jryQiyX.jpg
0M71osD.jpg

Caroline and I rode Spaceship Earth and apparently it didn’t capture my face, so Caroline explored the future with a strange cartoon guy! (Also this was another instance of me being able to “charm” Caroline’s way onto the ride even though she didn’t have a fastpass.)

IU2iRYg.jpg
1fpQalf.jpg
Tp7JhjJ.jpg

Then I headed to the west side of Epcot. We got to see the Penguin sculpture made of trash (I forgot to take a photo at the one in AK). And noticed a hidden mickey!

k5volu9.jpg
YFtyLOo.jpg

Gotta take a ride with Figment – I know its silly, but I like that little ride! (At one point Caroline split off from me, I think it was around here – she may have gone to ride Soarin…)

2DiZ7TD.jpg
4ySywpO.jpg
ynESV3b.jpg
zWGDZeU.jpg
v02eH8O.jpg
qZ3xtMD.jpg

A check of the Figment Topiary

uSed66T.jpg

And went to visit some butterflies (I also ran into some CMs were who were moving some of the chrysalises from a back area to the garden, so I guess they switch them out during the festival.

90LFeYE.jpg
kRncr4w.jpg
rN3KbIM.jpg

I decided to finally visit Club Cool, which I had never done in the past. I didn’t hate the pineapple fanta option, but I knew better than to taste Beverly! I ended up getting a Coke Slush, just because I felt like it!

Z7oqOLK.jpg
JXPFSQR.jpg

Some more garden photos

QA9FKKC.jpg
IDpTP52.jpg

Food time – Flavor Full Kitchen. I got the Citrus-poached Salmon (with ancient grain salad, roasted vegetables, citrus greens), and Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt.

xisJ6l0.jpg
RiRvQtJ.jpg

I wasn’t a big fan of the salmon – it was too slimy for me. I think I should stay away from poached in the future. And the Worms and Dirt was definitely a milky drink, when I was looking more for a shake/pudding consistency.

Then onto Northern Bloom, where I got the Seared Scallops (with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and apple-wood smoked bacon), Beef Tenderloin Tips (mushroom bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes with garden vegetables), and Griddled Maple Pound Cake (with warm peach compote and sweet corn gelato featuring Burton’s maple syrup).

ULazZdx.jpg

Scallops – I forgot I’m not a huge scallop fan (don’t like the raw texture in the center), but it had smelled good; unfortunately I wasn’t a huge fan but the potatoes were good. Beef – I liked this last year and again this year; some of the beef can be tough but the sauce and potatoes make up for it. Cake – it was good, but the corn gelato steals the show for me. I would totally order just that given the option!

I stopped back at the Orange Blossom for a second Orange Wine Slush, because it was just that good!

n9gNhoJ.jpg

I didn’t really end up buying any of the festival merch this year. I actually got the pins ahead of time via a pin pick-up group since I knew they’d all be gone by the time I arrived. I did love this Goofy though and wish I had gotten him for my mom!

9xJ3g5i.jpg

I just love the flowers everywhere this time of the year!

9SKC9Fg.jpg

Norway topiaries

ZBarPC0.jpg
rxhQ8bB.jpg

At some point this morning I also was able to grab a FP for Frozen Ever After, so I hopped on that! (Before the trip I really didn’t know where I’d end up on the last day. I think I even held FPs for every single park at various times).

bAhNpnX.jpg
hTQBIDU.jpg

Chinese topiaries, and a lovely zodiac garden made of seed decorations

AgXTniz.jpg
RgVl6qg.jpg
8pBIMwU.jpg
5UTe1gD.jpg
UGENpqV.jpg
i3aaNXD.jpg
EUFbapR.jpg
g7DtyiP.jpg

Took a selfie with the Ox, as it’s my zodiac animal

rirB3Kv.jpg

And there was no line for the Chinese Cotton Candy, so of course I had to stop there (earlier in the week it had a 30min+ line)! The cotton candy was bigger than my head, but very cute! You have to eat it right away or else the humidity makes it shrivel up. (Also, I saw many kids who saw me eating it and asked their parents for one, so… you’re welcome Disney!)

4dwCjeO.jpg
TS2Ld6I.jpg
U8sGGUW.jpg
upWXjI2.jpg

More topiaries as I continued around the World Showcase, but no Pumba/Timon or the six other Dwarves!

0qhJOCU.jpg
u1fkzhF.jpg

Snow White’s woodland creatures were really sticking with theme

Ojk9gZ6.jpg

A brief stop in Germany to enjoy the band, who made instruments out of the various alpine kitchenware. These guys were hilarious – so much more appropriate than the heavy metal group at Christmastime!

uUqXWOd.jpg
vx9ETIT.jpg

Italy – I’m not sure how much I liked the location of Lady and the Tramp, as I felt they were sort of hidden!

WXpGppl.jpg
E8nLBnN.jpg

America – wow the duck topiaries were very lifelike!

kylVYa1.jpg
EqkjGp7.jpg

I also loved the stars and hadn’t noticed them before!

28a4EpH.jpg

Japan – I always love bonsai trees

u3ROHXf.jpg

And of course I needed to get my Frushi on… this time a double portion!

t8oBPfn.jpg

And it was time to say goodbye to Epcot!

C0bCAs9.jpg
26DjSzN.jpg

I headed back to Beach Club, making a brief stop in the gift shop, where I got a couple things (I didn’t need the resort pin/ornament as I had them from February)

03IkQMe.jpg
eefAgjL.jpg
bR5Z70X.jpg

(I’m going to put a group photo from the Epic trip on the signature frame.)

Time for the Tragical Express. (Caroline and I were on the same bus; Molly had left an hour earlier.)

t8Imdj1.jpg
YUKuAgY.jpg

It was simple at the airport – I picked up some Chick Fil A to eat there and on the plane. Then quickly made thru security (thanks Pre-check).

I ended up on a super new aircraft – as in it’s first official flight was the day before! I used that BevLedge again and the flight attendants were very confused and wanted to make sure that wasn’t part of the aircraft, since it was so new!

Unfortunately American didn’t have the seat back screens, but at least they had started to include clips to put your phone/tablets to watch things on your own.

l9wWxZS.jpg
Vls5Ilv.jpg

Which would have been great…if the entertainment system was working! Argh – no access to any of the movies or tv shows – so frustrating! I wish I had downloaded some things from Netflix first, but nope. I ended up getting so bored I actually paid for internet so I could stream some shows from my own streaming services (of course the internet sucked too…)

As I arrived in LA I got another awesome view of my future stadium! So cool to see the progression on this baby!

5p946Co.jpg

Then it was back to the real world…

Wrap Up

This trip truly was a dream come true! I’m sure there were worries everyone had at certain times – will I like anyone? Will they like me? Will we get along? How is it all going to work? And it all was wonderful!

I started trying to write up highlights, but it just became a recap of my whole trip!

I guess any updates on my favorites?

Parks – Unfortunately DHS is solidly my least favorite Disney park I have visited. The 30th anniversary “celebration” really cemented how much they didn’t even care. I don’t even know how they would fix it, as SWGE won’t dislodge it from that spot since we have the same one over here.

Hotels – I liked Beach Club and Yacht Club, but they still don’t change AKL as being my favorite. I liked the actual Beach Club more than Beach Club Villas though. Stormalong Bay was fun, but not a game changer for me – I actually think I liked Boardwalk’s creepy clown pool more! I would still consider booking BC/YC again though because the actual resort is lovely.

Time of the year – I honestly wasn’t a huge fan. I think it was due to it being extra hot and humid, plus those damn love bugs. I just didn’t enjoy being outdoors that often. I loved Flower & Garden, but will probably rely on doing the beginning of the season (i.e. early March), which is what I'm doing for 2020.

Meals I loved:

• Tiffins – always a favorite
  • Ohana – delicious and great company
  • Hoop Dee Doo Revue – so much fun!
  • Liberty Tree Tavern – Very good!
  • Sci Fi Drive In – Surprisingly good

Answers to my questions from the intro:
  • What did I think about the Universal Studios Orlando Informer Meetup? Loved it! I would do this again in a heartbeat!
  • Did I fall asleep during my conference? Yup! Super invigorating stuff…
  • How was the 30th anniversary celebration at DHS? Pretty lame. Just really didn’t give an effort!
  • Which did I like more – Yacht Club or Beach Club? This was tough as they were both great. I think if I was booking again I would probably do Yacht Club.
  • What crazy things did I see on the safari? Lions jumping around and playing with each other! So cute!
  • Who spoke the heartwarming quote that I used to title this TR? Our waiter at Ohana, while he was pushing shrimp onto Su-Queen’s plate!
  • How did I like using Lyft/Uber throughout the trip? Wonderful! I’ll definitely continue to use them in the future!
  • What was the biggest annoyance during the trip? Those damn lovebugs! Soooo gross!
  • Would all these virtual strangers get along? So great! Really it was awesome!
  • Will we ever do this again? Of course! I think we are tentatively thinking Fall 2021. Of course there will be multiple dismeets before then, but the Fall seemed like the best bet.
  • How was Dapper Day at Epcot? Very nice, and hot! I think there were more creative outfits at Disneyland, but more people than I expected were dressed up at Epcot.

Enjoyed your report! Have an awesome trip to all the Asian parks!!

It was fun being your roommate and maybe someday we will do it again. I am hoping to be in for 2021!

Great trip report! I'm sure it was fun reliving it all as you wrote it up. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter