End of Fast Pass...

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am just learning lots, and just booked our trip in Sept for Apr 2 - 10. We are on site for the first 3 days, then a house. So right now, FP+ is only avaialable for testing? Is there a known or estimated time for when this will be running.

I understand when FP+ is up, we can book anytime after Jan 31 (or whenever 60 days out is). So if Jan 31 comes, and we are still in TESTIng mode, then I can only do FP regualr, is that right?

And what if FP+ is up, and I book, then it rains, I have to change my FP+ plan, and then I am left to do FP+ for the next day, then most good ride FP+ will be done, right? I was told. I was told by CM that you get FP or FP+ when book, but not both.

THks for any help at all!
Karen

I am pretty sure I understand how this is going to work.

If you have a Disney Resort reservation and a valid ticket or voucher, then you can schedule advance Fastpass+.

Everyone else must wait until same-day, and will use their RFID ticket (card or magicband) to obtain Fastpass+ for that day using the Kiosks, or if you carry a device with MDE running, link your ticket in and do it wirelessly.

DVC will participate fully if you buy tickets before you arrive.

Annual Passholders will participate fully if they book a resort stay, otherwise they can only do same day.

Yes, I am still speculating a bit, but based on my experience the last 2 weeks and the questions I asked this is how I have pieced it together.

This is my thoughts on this too...which is terrible for AP holders. Perhaps the system will allow AP holders to book FP+ in advance too once rolled out fully, but who knows. I'm not counting on it.

I don't think this system is bad for offsite visitors...as long a they pre book tickets and access the system in advance...

What it's terrible for are day visitors, last minute, and spur of the moment visitors...

Disney has basically said that they are through with them...
That is a tad dramatic... But it is the truth.

This is my thoughts on this too...which is terrible for AP holders. Perhaps the system will allow AP holders to book FP+ in advance too once rolled out fully, but who knows. I'm not counting on it.

I don't see anyway they would allow that...it would wreck the flow of their still idiotic "planned fun" reservation system if annual passholders got this kinda play...there would be massive ghost reservations all over the system for those that take the time to plan days " in case we drive up from Tampa that weekend"

It just doesn't work.

I don't think this system is bad for offsite visitors...as long a they pre book tickets and access the system in advance...

What it's terrible for are day visitors, last minute, and spur of the moment visitors...

I think it is bad for off site visitors unless I am not understanding something. My understanding is the FP plus is tied to a RESORT reservation. Someone staying off site is not a resort guest therefore can't access fast pass plus 60/90 days out..Is this NOT true? I assumed they could only show up at the park the day of their visit and try to schedule the rides then...

Unless I'm missing some key element, I don't understand Disney right now at all.

My take again...one point I'm fairly certain of... One i'm 100% certain of

The first is that you are going to have to conform to their reservation system or be left out/behind. The only choice is do it or find someplace else to go. That is to actually steer people
Back to Giftshops and other additional pay activities. It's completely logical if you see the view from the dwarve building.

The second is to know in advance to strip down labor to the absolute Minimum. That's obvious.

My take again...one point I'm fairly certain of... One i'm 100% certain of

The first is that you are going to have to conform to their reservation system or be left out/behind. The only choice is do it or find someplace else to go. That is to actually steer people
Back to Giftshops and other additional pay activities. It's completely logical if you see the view from the dwarve building.

The second is to know in advance to strip down labor to the absolute Minimum. That's obvious.
I don't argue that. However, IF offsite visitors can only make FP+ on the day of visit then they are likely to be unable to get FP+ for the major rides. I see them waiting in long lines instead where they will certainly be unable to spend money. Maybe offsite visitors will eventually have some way of prebooking but no one knows right now.

Of course, this is all still just conjecture. I wish that we knew more because I'm starting to feel a bit confused just thinking of all of the possible scenarios. :hippie:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am just learning lots, and just booked our trip in Sept for Apr 2 - 10. We are on site for the first 3 days, then a house. So right now, FP+ is only avaialable for testing? Is there a known or estimated time for when this will be running.

I understand when FP+ is up, we can book anytime after Jan 31 (or whenever 60 days out is). So if Jan 31 comes, and we are still in TESTIng mode, then I can only do FP regualr, is that right?

And what if FP+ is up, and I book, then it rains, I have to change my FP+ plan, and then I am left to do FP+ for the next day, then most good ride FP+ will be done, right? I was told. I was told by CM that you get FP or FP+ when book, but not both.

THks for any help at all!
Karen
As you can see, so much of this is conjecture. Have you been to the Themeparks forum? If not, there are tons of threads about this topic which is of course still mostly conjecture. ;)

Truthfully, no one here really KNOWS. :)

I hope WDW goes the way of Universal! It's long overdue for Disney to give some kind of reward to those of us who always stay onsite.

Looks like lots of changes coming.:thumbsup2

Yeah, but that assumes you can prebook FP+ with just a ticket, without a resort reservation. We don't know that they are going to let people do that yet, as far as I know.

I hope WDW goes the way of Universal! It's long overdue for Disney to give some kind of reward to those of us who always stay onsite. Looks like lots of changes coming.:thumbsup2

Reward? Like a free bus to the resort from the airport, and free transportation of your purchases from the park to the room so you don't have to carry then with you? Give me a freaking break. You get rewards already. Don't be greedy.

I hope WDW goes the way of Universal! It's long overdue for Disney to give some kind of reward to those of us who always stay onsite.

Looks like lots of changes coming.:thumbsup2

No chance they'll reward you for paying for their overpriced rooms...

First, it doesn't benefit them one bit...
Second...YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT YOU ALWAYS
BUY THERE ROOMS!!!

the problem is that there is a misconception that Disney has a hard time selling rooms....that is incorrect

Yeah, but that assumes you can prebook FP+ with just a ticket, without a resort reservation. We don't know that they are going to let people do that yet, as far as I know.

You may be right...but I disagree.

There aren't enough wdw hotel rooms to use the fastpass+ system when they expand it to basically all things.

If you look at the system now...it's tied to both tickets and rooms...I think it's limited to rooms being the necessary compliment to limit numbers during implementation.

My guess...for what it's
Worth.

I hope WDW goes the way of Universal! It's long overdue for Disney to give some kind of reward to those of us who always stay onsite. Looks like lots of changes coming.:thumbsup2

You cant compare Universal's system to Disney though. Universal attracts a much lower crowd level than Disney and only has two parks and three onsite hotels, so the ratio of people getting front of the line or express pass at Universal because of staying onsite is always going to be a lot smaller ratio than what's going on or might happen with Disney.

You may be right...but I disagree.

There aren't enough wdw hotel rooms to use the fastpass+ system when they expand it to basically all things.

If you look at the system now...it's tied to both tickets and rooms...I think it's limited to rooms being the necessary compliment to limit numbers during implementation.

My guess...for what it's
Worth.

I see your point. I do think everyone will be able to use it, and maybe even prebook. But I still think that there will be an onsite advantage in terms of how long ahead you can prebook if you are staying onsite versus all offsite guests, local or otherwise. Just a guess though.

BUY THERE ROOMS!!!

the problem is that there is a misconception that Disney has a hard time selling rooms....that is incorrect

If you check online you'll see that there are rooms available for check-in tomorrow. They might extend this service to partner hotels like Swan and Dolphin at a discounted rate to get people to spend more time on property as well.

It's a new system so they could charge off-site guests for it a well as offer some sort of tiered system (add-ons for on-site as well) and cash in big.

It would make the FP lines shorter just it does at Universal.

I love all of the new changes. They all benefit me though so the people who would not benefit are obviously not going to like them.

Will see where the FP+ system goes.:goodvibes

BUY THERE ROOMS!!!

Gotta disagree there. In Disney's quarterly earnings reports, they claim to be around 78% average occupancy. If they can increase that occupancy...even a few ticks...and possibly even lessen discounting during certain times of the year, there's definitely money to be made.

And perhaps most importantly, giving an extra FP+ bonus to onsite guests costs them absolutely nothing.

Reward? Like a free bus to the resort from the airport, and free transportation of your purchases from the park to the room so you don't have to carry then with you? Give me a freaking break. You get rewards already. Don't be greedy.

DCL offers rewards based on how many cruises you've taken so I think it would be nice if Disney offered more rewards for resort guests as well.

I don't think they would ever take them away for off-site guests but offering priority and included-in-resort-cost FP+ would be very appropriate. They'll always be "available" for everyone I'm sure.

This would be a way for them to increase room sales during slow times and make more money by charging off-site guests for the service.

DCL offers rewards based on how many cruises you've taken so I think it would be nice if Disney offered more rewards for resort guests as well.

I don't think they would ever take them away for off-site guests but offering priority and included-in-resort-cost FP+ would be very appropriate. They'll always be "available" for everyone I'm sure.

This would be a way for them to increase room sales during slow times and make more money by charging off-site guests for the service.

Why is that appropriate? Tell me why people staying on site deserve something extra that completely alters the experience.

Why is that appropriate? Tell me why people staying on site deserve something extra that completely alters the experience.

It would be like any other rewards loyalty program. You don't get loyalty points from hotel company A if you're staying at hotel company B.

Isn't there a question now about whether offsite resort guests will get the FP+/MB in the beginning? I think I read that but maybe it was on a rumors thread.

I'm curious to see if how we'd fare as DVC members if a tiered system develops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter