• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Enchanted China May 30, 2010

ABD is working on flight options right now. My daughter won this trip with the Flat Stanley contest, so it's all free for us and we are super excited for our first ABD trip. We've done domestic parks a lot and one Disney Cruise last year.

We look forward to sharing this experience with fellow disers!pirate:

Fantastic! A friend of mine mentioned the her kids go to school with the little girl from Nashville who wrote about Australia. Is that your daughter?

Fantastic! A friend of mine mentioned the her kids go to school with the little girl from Nashville who wrote about Australia. Is that your daughter?

Well, I just checked out the link with the contest winners, and I bet your daughter is the one who wrote about China. :rolleyes: You must be so proud of her. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

The trip is fast approaching!! I can't believe we leave in 50 days!! Yikes, I had better get those visa taken care of. Almost everything else is done, just have to finalize the return flight to Beijing at the end of the trip.

Kenny, are you close to a Chinese consulate to process your families visas?

About 3 1/2 hours to Houston. It will save us quite a bit to drive down vs using ABD services though!

Did anyone else received their travel docs, backpacks, etc. today??

YES! Got ours yesterday. So excited 50 days to departure.

We live in Texas

Well, I just checked out the link with the contest winners, and I bet your daughter is the one who wrote about China. :rolleyes: You must be so proud of her. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Yes, that is my daughter's entry. I'm super proud of her. She is a wonderful young lady and can't wait for the trip.

www.flatstanleybooks.com/adventuresbydisney
for those haven't seen it.

Even in the nice department store they will come down 10-20%, on the street or small shops/carts/boothes/back alleys well any offer may work, no such thing as too low.

We leave July 2 and cannot wait!

How did it go with your Travel Visas?

Did you really have to go to the Embassy/Consulate and go back 4 days later to pick them up?

Any tips?

We leave July 2 and cannot wait!

How did it go with your Travel Visas?

Did you really have to go to the Embassy/Consulate and go back 4 days later to pick them up?

Any tips?

I went up to the Chinese consulate in San Francisco and applied for the visas. I hoped they'd mail them back to me, but it turns out I needed to bring a self addressed envelope with prepaid postage for that. Instead, I get to go back again a week later to pick up the visa.

Good to know Steve. We haven't gotten our visas yet....planning on going next week...also to SF. Did you have to leave your passport at the consulate?

Good to know Steve. We haven't gotten our visas yet....planning on going next week...also to SF. Did you have to leave your passport at the consulate?

Yes, we had to leave them there. You drop them off, and you come back four (or more) days later. The wait time was near an hour both times.

You can also pay companies to do this for you, but I didn't feel like paying a bunch more on top of the $130/person visa price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter