EMH: which team are you?

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
Do you feel like EMH are the bees knees and make sure you hit them all on the trip for the best crowds/short lines, or so you avoid them like the plague and hope the other parks are lower crowds due to people flocking to EMH elsewhere?

I don't wake up early as that doesn't feel like a vacation to me when I normally wake up much later so I cannot comment on morning EMH.

As a visitor/traveling/staycation: Evening emh is a couple more hours in a park after the one I was at closed. I've seen them a waste of time and I've seen everyone run away fast when it started to rain at the start and had the place almost to myself. You never know which crowd your going to see during EMH. During the day I find that more people are visiting than other days but they think they can rope to close and while some can make it, most can't so the day is longer lines. Again I don't really plan based on that but it's in my mind when I pivot on where I'm going..

now as a local, I tend to avoid as I can't stay (well technically I can't ride anything during it so I could stay if I was ok with that). I generally aim for another park that is opened later as I never seem to get out the door until dinner time lately.

That's really the main factor, is anything else still opened or is everyone on their way from other parks for a few more hours... when it's the last park opened, it's going to be packed.

I really don't pay too much attention to them. I plan the park days based solely off of several crowd calendars combined and if EMH falls on the day we have planned, then awesome! If not, oh well.

I have never participated in early EMHs, no mink you, sooooo early!! I love night time EMHs and have never been disappointed. Most of my pictures are from night EMHs and they look like they are from an abandoned park :D

Morning EMH - nah. I'd rather do rope drop at a regular opening time.

Evening EMH - Yes, at Epcot and MK. Some of my favorite memories from our trips are during EMH at those parks - walking an almost deserted World Showcase, riding Dumbo and Barnstormer multiple times late at night, walking Adventureland...good memories. :)

We love morning EMH. With two little ones at home we get up early anyway and we find we can get so much done in the first couple hours of a park with morning EMH. Then as the park fills with people going to the headliners,we move on to the smaller rides. By lunch we have hit a ton of things and are ready for a rest break. And then we usually hop to a different park for the evening!

We're big EMH fans. We don't go out of our way to avoid them and we don't plan our days based on EMH, but we find it's nice when the park we go to that day has EMH, especially evening ones!

I plan our entire summer trip around morning EMH by going to them.

We usually plan parks based on EMH (AM or PM). Actually my whole planning process starts with figuring out where the EMH's are listed on the TA calendar.
We love having at least one late MK night and we like AM EMH for getting a bunch of rides in ahead of the regular opening.

We have never done an early EMH. Matter of fact, the two times we did PPO at BOG for breakfast, while it was fun, by noon we were wiped out & went back for a nap or rest.

I don't like to have to get up & out early on vacation, and neither does me DD (she & I go most often together). I like to have my coffee and relax, then we're likely at a park about lunch time.

Evening ones are okay - but if we do that, we'll likely get a later start or take a break in the afternoon.

We're almost never at a park before lunchtime! We get up by 5am most weekdays, so vacation to her is sleeping in, having a muffin and coffee and relaxing until either of us feels like getting going.

Late night at the MK, it seems most little kids are in bed, so the wait times and crowds are much lower.

We don't sleep late, so morning EMH are great for us. We get a ton done. We are rope drop until close people no matter what the hours are. Our daughter is 9 and never stops. We just really prefer early mornings when the crowds are light.

Nighttime EMH are the best! Most of my favorite Disney memories happen during them. We're night owls in general who get to sleep late during our normal lives so we'll never make early EMH or even rope drop and that's okay with us!

We don't plan period so there is that. I rarely know if there even is a morning one, if I happen to be up and ready and happen to look at MDE on my phone and see there is one I'll go. If we are in a park at night and know there is one and aren't too tired we will stay. Otherwise, we rarely even know what park they are in and don't really pay attention to it. We are AP holders so if the park we are in is too crowded, we just move over to another one.

We try to take advantage of both morning and evening EMH. It is all about maximizing our park time. We always have Park Hoppers and usually take a short break between parks. We especially like evening EMH. Cheers!!!!

We love morning EMH and always base our morning on whatever park offers them. We are not morning people, but getting up early at Disney is how we roll. We know going into it we will be waking very early and once we hit our favorite rides and attractions, we are glad we did! With little to no waits for up to 2 hours you can get so much done. We do take a mid day break for swim, nap or whatever for a few hours and hop to a different park with FPs for the late afternoon/evening. Depending on park hours, we may even hop to a third park. We also may do evening EMH, but we don't find them as efficient in our use of time. The evening EMH seem to be more crowded than am with longer waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter