EMH: which team are you?

I use to do EMH mornings whenever available, but as I get older, I only do it for DS for Toy Story, and MK for Thunder Mtn. I usually can get in a couple of rides before my FP. My favorite rides.

Last year I rode Toy Story 5 times one day. Only one was FP. That third track is great! A hundred years ago I rode Thunder 5 times one Sunday, but those days are gone.

If you're on site and can wake up early, AM EMH are key to getting in rides with low waits. Just reading this thread you have plenty of people already saying when their on vacation they don't want to wake up early. Now that's just a few in this one thread, take that at Disney and you have a few thousand on site guests that want to sleep in. This is why getting up early works out great.

However I'd only take part in AM EMH if you were utilizing park hoppers. Leave and go elsewhere when all those other people finally get to the park around 10-11am

PM EMH can be hit or miss. Many more people are fine staying at the park a few hours later vs waking up early..so I think more can be done in the morning.

All that said, we always stay offsite due to the ridiculous prices of Disney hotels..so we avoid EMH parks

Team AM EMH!

Team hit PM EMH if we feel like it. PM isn't as appealing because the Parks still seem busy with non-resort guests able to stay, but not ride.

We get hoppers and for the most part fly by the seat of our pants. But we do love the super low crowds of morning EMH.

I'm on both teams, depending on when I go. In the summer, I always do EMH mornings. It's warm, sunny, and gets me off to a great start to my day. At other times, I tend to avoid the morning hours.

The evening hours often depend on the time of year, too. If the park closes at 9:00 and I can stay until 11, I will. But, when the park closes at 11, I usually don't feel the need to be there until 1.

We are early risers for Disney, so we hit morning EMH parks, then hop to another after lunch. Not always, but most times, we will hit an evening EMH park for RD, hop away after lunch, then come back late to close it down.

I'm in "Team Other."
Early EMH is the bees knees, but only if you have hoppers.
PM EMH doesn't apply yet - kids are too young to stay up long enough.

Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is outstanding. I haven't seen anyone who actually attends morning EMH at those parks complain about it. Other than requiring you to wake early there's little drawback, and you can get a ton done. I see a lot of people talking about how important it is to make rope drop, and morning EMH at those two parks is even better. Morning EMH at DHS is a bit different for me - we attend, but I find that you don't get as much done because there are fewer rides at the park and the lines build quickly, especially for Toy Story. We typically ride RnR Coaster with no wait then ride ToT 3-4 times before riding Star Tours, using a FP for Toy Story or heading to a different park. I do agree that park hoppers are key to making morning EMH work.

We also really like evening EMH at MK -- that park is great at night. We never bothered with evening EMH at DHS because it was still super-crowded and there were long waits for the few rides at the park. For evening EMH at Epcot we usually just stroll around and don't try to get on rides unless we are walking by and there's a short wait.

I love EMH both the night and the morning. You can get so much done in just that first hour that you can easily move on to another park in the afternoon. I have always gone to as many EMH hours as possible.

Team Love. We do the early EMH, then hop to another park when the EMH park fills up. We usually get our FP+ for the park we're hopping to. I especially love the MK on an EMH morning. The early morning sunshine and the dewy smell of the air has a quality to it, like the promise of a great day.

Do you feel like EMH are the bees knees and make sure you hit them all on the trip for the best crowds/short lines, or so you avoid them like the plague and hope the other parks are lower crowds due to people flocking to EMH elsewhere?

We always make a point to go to evening EMH at MK and at Epcot. We never do the morning ones anywhere because we don't ever do rope drop, so getting there extra early is definitely not on our radar.

I really like evening EMH but I don't totally plan my days around them. I like to hit the super late MK one if there is one and I'll plan the day around that if we don't have a hopper (which we usually don't).

Nighttime EMH are the best! Most of my favorite Disney memories happen during. We're night owls in general who get to sleep late during our normal lives so we'll never make early EMH or even rope drop and that's okay with us!

This is us too. We love Evening EMH and try to hit all of them on our trip.

Do you feel like EMH are the bees knees and make sure you hit them all on the trip for the best crowds/short lines, or so you avoid them like the plague and hope the other parks are lower crowds due to people flocking to EMH elsewhere?

We used to almost always do them...now we avoid them.

I love early mornings in the park. We are morning people anyway so it's not a challenge. It just seems like you can get so much done during that first hour or two, especially at Magic Kingdom.

Well things have changed over the years as my son became a teenager. We used to be morning EMH all the way. But now we avoid parks with the morning EMH. Sometimes we will do evening emh but not often.

That is first thing I look at to begin planning our vacation. I plan restaurants, park days, off days we stay at resort. Our favorite emh is the late, late night at MK, like 3am closing. We always get park hoppers in case a park becomes too crowded.

We LOVE evening EMH, expecially at MK. I have such special memories with each of my kids (each trip it has been a different one that is willing/able to stay up til 1 am), holding hands skipping down a fully lit up, empty main street, or riding our fav ride over and over with no wait.
Can't wait to do it again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter