Ellen

Different DJ. The DJ that spoke out about the work environment is a former DJ. The current DJ was given the promotion.

Oh. Never mind the last part of my post then. I crossed that part out now. I don't watch the show. I didn't know she had more than one DJ.

Last edited:
Ellen has lost me. Her true colors have been exposed. When I look back on previously recorded shows, it is now obvious that she enjoys making fun of people. I watched the Games of Games recently and I can really see that she has no respect for the contestants. It's an opportunity for her to put her fans into humiliating situations and pass it off as all in good fun. She enjoys seeing people make fools of themselves.

Ellen has lost me. Her true colors have been exposed. When I look back on previously recorded shows, it is now obvious that she enjoys making fun of people. I watched the Games of Games recently and I can really see that she has no respect for the contestants. It's an opportunity for her to put her fans into humiliating situations and pass it off as all in good fun. She enjoys seeing people make fools of themselves.

Love that show- we never miss an episode- great for laughs! The contestants know exactly what they sign up for! Glad her show was not cancelled- with this whole new stupid "cancel culture" going on the will "cancel" anyone they don't agree with!

Love that show- we never miss an episode- great for laughs! The contestants know exactly what they sign up for! Glad her show was not cancelled- with this whole new stupid "cancel culture" going on the will "cancel" anyone they don't agree with!
Agree with this part for sure, even if I personally find it repugnant and the farthest thing from funny. It’s her hapless targets I do feel terrible for. I guess “when you’re a hammer, everything is a nail”.

I freely admit I have never watched her show. I have never really liked her humor. I guess the most interesting part of this whole thing is a really good example of the human condition and a case study in behavior. When the oppressed (Ellen being Gay) becomes the oppressor (my show, my rules or the highway) the cycle continues. Not completely unlike abused children grow up to abusive parents.

Whatever you think of her or her apology, she said something everyone needs to take to heart (like the whole of the 'net, not just here)... "I am a work in progress". There is so much judgement on the 'net of that one thing a person did or said that may have just been a stupid brain fart or may have been the end of a bad day or any other thing, but none of us are just one thing. None of us are just the "kind lady" or the "karen". And even if either of those labels is accurate today, it does not mean they are accurate forever. We are all "a work in progress".

"IF I've ever let someone down, IF I've ever hurt their feelings, I'm so sorry for that.", followed by a lot of statements about herself, is a non-apology. The IF statements mean she doesn't really believe it. In fact, they're an ifpology. They cast doubt on the claims that what she did or caused to be done was wrong. Really unimpressive.

Hoping moving forward, there will be improvements with her people/environment. She is definitely aware now that there were problems/issues.

I agree with you. At first I watched the Game of Games show and laughed but then well then it was just felt off. I also agree with the other person the contestants knew what they signed up for, but as a viewer at home I just stopped finding it funny after a while. I'm not in it to get it cancelled though I just stopped watching it.

"IF I've ever let someone down, IF I've ever hurt their feelings, I'm so sorry for that.", followed by a lot of statements about herself, is a non-apology. The IF statements mean she doesn't really believe it. In fact, they're an ifpology. They cast doubt on the claims that what she did or caused to be done was wrong. Really unimpressive.

so right. By using such a statement, it's clear she is claiming innocence by ignorance. Meaning she didn't intentionally offend. But, she is also not taking full responsibility. It's like if you are talking to a group and you curse, and follow it with "no offense". It means nothing. it's just an effort to save face.

I see it as another celebrity 'non-apology'. Ellen gets to claim ignorance of all the bad behavior surrounding her, as well as never really addressing her own bad behavior.

Whatever you think of her or her apology, she said something everyone needs to take to heart (like the whole of the 'net, not just here)... "I am a work in progress". There is so much judgement on the 'net of that one thing a person did or said that may have just been a stupid brain fart or may have been the end of a bad day or any other thing, but none of us are just one thing. None of us are just the "kind lady" or the "karen". And even if either of those labels is accurate today, it does not mean they are accurate forever. We are all "a work in progress".

I agree. I know several people who don't like me and I know way more who LOVE me. So it is true. The ones that don't like me may have had their first encounter with me on one of my not so good days and that was what they thought of me. Good for me I have more good than bad days.

I don't watch her show, I have nothing to do with any of it but from a neutral POV, what she said is right. She is human, which automatically means that she is not perfect. She is not always going to be the "Ellen" that is on TV doing her monologue or giving away prizes. If you run into her in person, chances are she is "private citizen Ellen" and that can be someone that is not very desirable to be around. But we are ALL a work in progress and for her to admit that took a lot of strength. Again, I don't watch her show and I am not so much of a fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter