Egypt June 2022

MKMK

Mouseketeer
A bit rusty with ABD planning, so apologies if this is covered somewhere else on this forum. We are scheduled for a June Egypt ABD. We understand from ABD a few trips went last Fall/Winter. Any feedback?

I have not seen any evidence that any ABD Egypt trips have actually gone since it was offered at the start of the pandemic. We have been booked on it for three years and are about to delay again to next year before the 65 day window expires.

I have not seen any evidence that any ABD Egypt trips have actually gone since it was offered at the start of the pandemic. We have been booked on it for three years and are about to delay again to next year before the 65 day window expires.
I know that at *least* two Egypt trips have gone so far (they went in October of 2021). There was another trip scheduled for December 2021, but I never heard if it went or not.

A bit rusty with ABD planning, so apologies if this is covered somewhere else on this forum. We are scheduled for a June Egypt ABD. We understand from ABD a few trips went last Fall/Winter. Any feedback?
Everything I heard about the 2 October trips was *very* positive. I know there are some posts about it here and there, but I'm not sure that an actual "Trip Report" was ever posted. There were also some posts about it on fb.

Sayhello

I know that at *least* two Egypt trips have gone so far (they went in October of 2021). There was another trip scheduled for December 2021, but I never heard if it went or not.

Everything I heard about the 2 October trips was *very* positive. I know there are some posts about it here and there, but I'm not sure that an actual "Trip Report" was ever posted. There were also some posts about it on fb.

Sayhello
Good to hear. We want to wait until the last COVID restrictions are lifted, so next year will be ideal. I hope the ones scheduled go forward for everyone booked.

We’re going on the June 28th trip to Egypt. We’ve been waiting for this trip for 3 years! Looks like all trips have gone off so far this year. I’ve seen lots of great photos posted in instagram (searching #ABDinEgypt).
Third time is a charm - we were scheduled for 2020, 2021 and finally success in 2022. It is a fabulous trip, you will love it.

Was there any issue with showing vaccination status? We have vaccination records with a QR code issued from our state health department. But I’m reading these may not be recognized by the Egyptian government. So I don’t know wether we should get a PCR test to be safe.

No issues. When we departed the US, they checked our paper QR codes before we boarded our flight. When we arrived in Cairo all they asked for were our passports to process our Visas. We assumed the QR codes were proactively passed along via the ABD process to upload your documents for clearance to travel.

Like you, we were planning to get a PCR test in advance. We checked with the Egyptian embassy before we left and they assured us the rules had recently been changed and only the paper QR code was required. It was a little stressful worrying about it, but the whole process of entering and leaving Egypt was relatively easy.

My partner and I are taking our first AbD trip in 2023, which will be to Egypt! Would absolutely love to see a full trip report from anyone that has already traveled.

We’re particularly interested on details about the food, as my partner has a slightly sensitive stomach!

Sorry, one more question that I thought of if anyone can answer it: about how many people travel together on this trip (the adults only version, specifically)? First time for AbD, so no idea what the average amount is!

Thanks again 😊

Sorry, one more question that I thought of if anyone can answer it: about how many people travel together on this trip (the adults only version, specifically)? First time for AbD, so no idea what the average amount is!

Thanks again 😊
It really can vary. The maximum is usually 40 people (but sometimes can extend to 44). But if you travel in the off-season or shoulder-season, you could see fewer than that. Certain ABD trips will cap at less than 40 due to certain logistical limitations, but I'm not sure if Egypt is one of those.

Sayhello

We’re going on the June 28th trip to Egypt. We’ve been waiting for this trip for 3 years! Looks like all trips have gone off so far this year. I’ve seen lots of great photos posted in instagram (searching #ABDinEgypt).

Third time is a charm - we were scheduled for 2020, 2021 and finally success in 2022. It is a fabulous trip, you will love it.

Just returned from our ABD Egypt trip also. MKMK is right—it was fantastic!

Question for those who have taken the trip or are currently on the trip regarding food allergies. We have some friends that would like to join us on our trip in 2024. However, they have celiac and gluten free isn't a lifestyle choice but a necessity. Any idea if that is able to be managed on this itinerary with regards to food? @The Chernabog would you mind asking your guides if this is something they have/are able to manage? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you! :-)

There were several vegetarians on our trip, but I don't recall anyone being gluten free. A few folks developed "mummy tummy". The guides were always able to provide whatever was requested/needed... french fries seemed to help :)

ABD does a great job managing dietary restrictions even though they can't make promises. Many of our meals were in high end hotels and seem to remember some of them having gluten free choices -- believe your friends would be in good hands.

There was a lot of variety as far as protein, veggies, and beans. There were some people who had special diets on our trip (but I’m not sure if the problem was gluten) and they were well taken care of by ABD

Regarding menu, there were lots of variety. The local cuisine is not spicy at all. Lots of chicken/steak/lamb kabobs, falafels, humus, tahini, cucumber and tomato salad, and baklava. For picky eaters, like my wife and daughter, there was always an option of pasta, chicken fingers, and hamburgers. I asked the guide about specific diets. He mentioned that it's so common now to have people with different dietary needs, that most places can accommodate. In fact, on our tour there were a vegan, gluten, and dairy sensitive guests. There were always dietary options for them.

Regarding group size. Our group was 31 adventurers which is close to the max. One family I was surprised to hear was able to book just one week in advance. Lots of availability still. I talked to the guide about this. Due to so many trip cancellations in 2020/2021, he said that ABD has made it a policy not to cancel any trips in the 2022 season due to group size. And in fact, the Egypt trip scheduled this week is proceeding with just 6 guests.

Regarding VISA, covid testing and arrival. We never had to show our vaccination records or negative PCR test at any point. Not in the departing US airport, Heathrow layover, or when we arrived in Cairo. ABD hires a VIP service at the Cairo airport. They met us immediately as we exited the plane and whisked us through a side door to waiting cars. It was a little disconcerting having these guys us suits taking us away. But that was part of the service. They brought us to a nice lounge where we were served drinks and refreshments while they took our passports to handles customs and getting the Egyptian visas and retrieving our luggage.

Last edited:
Hi! I just booked for summer 2023. Did you feel safe on the cruise and at Sharm? Thank you for any feedback.
Hi there, we just returned from the Egypt trip last week, and we felt safe absolutely everywhere due to the security and precautions taken by Disney. We had an armed guard accompanying our group the whole time. Safety was definitely not a concern on the river cruise ship at all. In Sharm, the resort is all-inclusive and secured. We never had any safety fears, and we would have liked to have stayed an additional night or two at this resort if we could have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter