EE Help!

I am not a big roller coaster fan, but at Disney I get really brave and go on them. I think it helps me that I can't actually see what I am getting myself into. I always reassure myself that the ones with lap bars aren't that intense or they would have bigger restraints. I get motion sickness, but EE has never made me sick. It is much more intense than BTMRR and 7DMT. I don't like to ride Space Mountain anymore because it is too jerky and hurts my neck. All that being said, EE is my favorite ride at Disney. It is so smooth. The last time we went, my youngest finally got brave enough to ride. We got the first car! It does feel like a different ride up there in front! Faster! And you are the first one going down the hills!

Things that might bother you...going backwards and the dark part...but the ride is super smooth and quiet...not at all like BTMRR. That ride gets louder the older I get! Haha!

I'm a roller coaster chicken and used to close my eyes on every one. I really don't like coasters that take you slowly...slowly...slowly up a steep grade where you see nothing but blue sky before you're hurtled straight down leaving your stomach at the top (mostly applies to rides at that other place down the road a bit). Really, keeping my eyes closed helps but not when combined with certain kinds of drops.

So...my personal rule is to close my eyes right away, and appreciate the ride on the merit of how it feels. That said, I like EE because I do like the sensation of being pressed into my seat during accelerations and curves. And even the backward part feels pretty cool-- not even really like it's backwards. These days, with many times under my belt, I can even open my eyes at the points when DD says to look at the flags and such. And of course, at the Yeti's shadow, because we're stopped.

Try it with your eyes closed and enjoy the sensations -- in my opinion EE is as PPs say very smooth and intense, but in a good, non-stomach-heaving way.

I love big thunder and SDMT. I even really really like Space and Rock and Roller Coaster. My kids love EE and occasionally convince me to try it. I hate it. It is awful for me. I feel ill after, even with motion sick bands which help on all the other coasters. They backwards circle is very intense. Just be warned if you decide to try it!

My husband enjoys roller coasters (unless they go upside down) but has motion sickness. He LOVED Everest until the backwards part. Unfortunately he felt sick the rest of the day at AK after he rode it.

On a scale of 1-10 for intensity, I'd give it about a 5. I'd say RnR would get about a 5.5.

EE is far more intense, bigger, and faster than that of 7dmt and Big Thunder. But none of Disneys coaster are intense by rollercoaster standards. All of their coasters are fun and not too bad at all.

You go backwards but for a short period of time, and it's in the dark for a short period of time. The drops aren't too crazy.

It's the visuals of EE where it gets its boost over other coasters

I was all set to go on this, until I read about the motion sickness. I love roller coasters--I rarely have a problem with that on them. However, I cannot do anything that spins (tea cups), motion simulators and cannot ride in any seats that face backwards in a car/bus/moving vehicle. I did handle the Mummy ok at Universal but definitely felt slightly queasy at that backward part. Anyone know if it is similar? I really want to ride this but don't want my day shot bc I feel sick!

I was all set to go on this, until I read about the motion sickness. I love roller coasters--I rarely have a problem with that on them. However, I cannot do anything that spins (tea cups), motion simulators and cannot ride in any seats that face backwards in a car/bus/moving vehicle. I did handle the Mummy ok at Universal but definitely felt slightly queasy at that backward part. Anyone know if it is similar? I really want to ride this but don't want my day shot bc I feel sick!

I don't think EE is too big on people with motion sickness. There's no spinning, it's not like a motion simulator, and the backward portion is very quick. It's about the same amount of time as the Mummy. It's very smooth and a fun ride, you should be fine

I don't think EE is too big on people with motion sickness. There's no spinning, it's not like a motion simulator, and the backward portion is very quick. It's about the same amount of time as the Mummy. It's very smooth and a fun ride, you should be fine

Thanks! I can handle the Mummy once a day-- just not multiple times.

And thanks op for the thread!

I haven't done EE because I think the backwards part would really set off my motion sickness, but my DH went on it with our then 5 year old and neither wanted to do it again. DH said it was right on the line of being a bit too much for him as it was making him feel sick. That's not normally an issue for him so I'm guessing it was the backwards part. We go on BTMRR and 7DMT all the time with no issues for comparison.

Is the track staight or curved when it goes backwards?
Thanks

You "stall" on a straight hill, then the train starts backing down the hill. Once the train gets back into the cave, it hits a banked curve where most of the acceleration occurs, and this is the point in which some people feel the "Did we just go upside down?" feeling. At the end of the banked curve, the train has essentially stalled on another, slightly less inclined hill. The track switches, and you start moving ahead again to the big drop, which is also a banked curve. Both the backwards curve and the forwards drop are actually pretty quick, and very smooth. The very first time you ride it, both will catch you off guard a bit, but consecutive rides tend to feel much lessened in intensity because you are aware both are coming.

Is the track staight or curved when it goes backwards?
Thanks
It feels curved to me! I have never opened my eyes to confirm. My DS reports a. It of a curve. I guess my comment of circle may have been over stated.

Do you think they could put her with a single rider so she wasn't all by her self? I'm thinking about just doing it and looking behind me when it goes backward.
When it goes backward it is only for like 10 seconds. I have a friend who can not go on it because her equilibrium gets tossed off because the backwards and the dark. If you have any type of inner ear problem it can really mess you up for the better part of the day. I tell a lot of my friends that they don't really go that fast. Even space mtn is only like 45mp it just seems faster because the wind they blow on you gives you the illusion you are going faster. Even test track isn't that fast. I drive faster then that when I go to work, well when I have to drive into work. If you can do the railroad this one will probably be fine.

I love all the rollercoasters at WDW with the exception of EE. It throws my body for a loop going backwards. I can handle it, but I don't like it at all. What I do love is the view from the top before you drop...sit on the right side of the car and look out. It's brief and beautiful.

I am exactly the same way, cannot spin at all, tea cups make me sick, you can forget mission space, and Star tours is iffy at best. I have never had a problem on Everest. I don't think I could ride it twice back to back, but the backwards part was brief enough that I was just fine when I got off.

I am exactly the same way, cannot spin at all, tea cups make me sick, you can forget mission space, and Star tours is iffy at best. I have never had a problem on Everest. I don't think I could ride it twice back to back, but the backwards part was brief enough that I was just fine when I got off.
You have given me the will to try!!

I can do EE, but not more than once. That backwards part does me in. Last September, when we went on it, it sure seemed like it went backward a long time, but it probably wasn't. LOL. We were a group of 13. 1/2 of us went on it 4-5 times in a row as there was no wait. The rest of us (me included) found a vent in the gift shop to wait under. Hehe.

I can't speak for myself because I never get motion sickness, but my husband is the same way as you... he likes roller coasters but can't do motion simulators or spinning. He got quite sick on EE at the backwards part. He felt sick for the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter