eBay Dreams Contest items and Treasure Detector Magic

omg that is wrong what about vmk players that are kids and don't know about ebay?

Tampa said:
Reporter: Hey VMK, who are you trying to attract?

VMK: Pre-teens... with Ebay/PayPal accounts and credit cards preferably.

VMK is a walking contradiction.. well.. if it had legs.
Lol that's so true. Come on VMK, why couldn't you make it in game? I waited long for treasure detector magic and you have to make it this contest on ebay that I don't even get? You are a kids game vmk! Do you expect that these kids even know what ebay is? Do they have lots of money where they can just buy stuff on ebay? VMK, use your common sense..just think about it. :rolleyes: Can someone please explain this whole thing to me because I'm lost. So you have to find a hidden mickey, but do you have to be a member? And do you have to be 18? Or can you just click on the hidden mickeys and get the prize? I'm so confused. :confused3

Typical, all of us living outside the US can't even register to take part, but sure ebay have absolutely no problem taking my money when I buy from ebay.com (although I do get bargains due to the currency exchange rate).

Julesoola said:
They aren't going to be on random ebay pages. There will be one page with a picture of one of the Disney parks where you click "hidden mickeys" the mickeys will be within that one picture and you select the locations from drop down menus. It's actually fairly simple.

Thanks for the clarification. I am still feeling less than confident. The only way I found them in VMK is because of the guide. I could never actually see most of them on my own.

well seeing as everybody can get the prizes here and it is not just 1 code for each item we should all help each other.

SorcererDonald16 said:
The "House Rules" state:
Don't buy or sell accounts or items. We reserve the right to cancel any player account that was bought or sold, or player accounts that have bought or sold items.

Plus there is the note on the back of every card from the parks that says "Virtual prizes may not be sold." I have no idea if that could be interpreted to it's illegal or not, but it is against the VMK rules at least. So, add me to the list of people who is completely bewildered as to why VMK would hold a promotion with Ebay. :confused3

That would certainly mean they don't want you to sell virtual items. The only ambiguity left, I suppose, would be selling the cards themselves. That's the first time I've ever seen the "House Rules." They are different from the VMK Values. But again, I know that eBay knows who some of the sellers are, and VMK did nothing to them when they let VMK know what they were up to. I guess they simply reserve the right, but not the obligation, to whack you if you do it.

How does one get to the "House Rules"?

Tampa said:
Reporter: Hey VMK, who are you trying to attract?

VMK: Pre-teens... with Ebay/PayPal accounts and credit cards preferably.

VMK is a walking contradiction.. well.. if it had legs.

Umm....

- Disney is a company that profits from sales.
- VMK is a marketing tool for Disney, utilized to increase sales.
- This promotion launches the day after Thanksgiving, also traditionally known as the official kick off for the holiday shopping season.
- People who shop on line at ebay probably shop on line elsewhere.
- VMK players are kids that will tell their parents "Please go do this for me at ebay" and adult players that will also go to ebay for this contest.

Disney is getting smart about how they utilize VMK. Not really a contradiction at all - in fact, something that makes a lot of sense.

like Dreams says above, VMK is smart for utilizing every aspect they can to draw attention to it. VMK makes Disney alot of money now. One of the reasons they have not cracked down on the VMK ebay sellers is this: FREE ADVERTISING - why get rid of something that makes people go to VMK, and then hooks them in which in turn makes them buy boxes of pins which sell out in 30 seconds flat. Which also makes them go to the parks and spend 100+ dollars per person to do a silly quest to get a card. Shall I go on? lol

Ok, im kinda confused, anyone care to explain the one you dont have to purchase anything from, to me?

Prove from VMKforums... this is real

The promotion is real if anyone thinks its a scam Lol.
2i9igq8.jpg

Just to prove that so far it is real.

Ok then lol, so let me get this straight, if you register for the one you dont need to buy anything from, all you do is find the mickey, and click on it and it gives you a code?

how about proof from ebay? you do not need Phinny to tell you if you can get the info from ebay dot com
lol

Disney Dreams said:
...VMK players are kids that will tell their parents "Please go do this for me at ebay" and adult players that will also go to ebay for this contest ... Disney is getting smart about how they utilize VMK. Not really a contradiction at all - in fact, something that makes a lot of sense.
I get what DD is saying here, but my confusion is that VMK has made negative comments about selling VMK stuff, specifically eBay use, so I'm surprised Disney is getting in bed with them. If they wanted to make an internet promo, why not Amazon or some other non-auction site? Eh, doesn't really matter. :rolleyes:

I'm mean I actually don't care as I'm excited anytime I can get free VMK stuff... Heh. I can't wait for tomorrow to see how this all is really going to work. :)

I just checked the EBAY hidden mickey link is not up yet. O h well i guess i will have to wait until morning

Disney Dreams said:
Umm.... Not really a contradiction at all - in fact, something that makes a lot of sense.

Well of course, to you maybe, your normally opposite to anything I say, that's a given. :rolleyes:

I could explain a 101 ways to get them same parents out of their houses and into the parks to get the very same items. The very same parks that have all the money making goodies that they love to sell. And if they live too far, well then they're going to have to play VMK more and save them retireds till they go super rare.

So now VMK has taken the average player (using me as an example), showed him a way to get a well desired item, and now that average player is up one Ebay account in order to do so. I can't imagine a kid doing this, so I'll be expecting to see a, "Kids make sure you pester your parents to do this" on the main sometime soon.

I can only imagine what a lesser player is going to do with their newly found, VMK-recomended, Ebay account. But then again, I don't care, and I never did about all the Ebay drama. :confused3

Grumpy_Disney_Dad said:
I just checked the EBAY hidden mickey link is not up yet. O h well i guess i will have to wait until morning
Silly gnome that is because it starts at 1201 pst

Goofy_Bob said:
I get what DD is saying here, but my confusion is that VMK has made negative comments about selling VMK stuff, specifically eBay use, so I'm surprised Disney is getting in bed with them. If they wanted to make an internet promo, why not Amazon or some other non-auction site? Eh, doesn't really matter. :rolleyes:

I'm mean I actually don't care as I'm excited anytime I can get free VMK stuff... Heh. I can't wait for tomorrow to see how this all is really going to work. :)

Actually, it was YAVN that said negatives about ebay etc - Disney itself is one of the biggest ebay sellers of all time with Disney Auctions so it does not suprise me at all. Yavn is probably throwing his hands up in the air on this whole thing.

Goofy_Bob said:
I get what DD is saying here, but my confusion is that VMK has made negative comments about selling VMK stuff, specifically eBay use, so I'm surprised Disney is getting in bed with them....

VMK (Disney / Sulake) has never had issue with ebay that I am aware of. In fact, Disney is one of ebays largest stores. The only issue is that of buying or selling vmk items / characters on ebay. That is not what is being asked to be done in this contest. Additionally, no purchase is necessary.

It's all about the bottom line. And the contest starts on the biggest shopping day of the year, absolutely brilliant to be honest.

Tampa said:
Well of course, to you maybe, your normally opposite to anything I say, that's a given. :rolleyes:
Wow. Not even sure that is true, but if it is, glad we can each have and share our own opinions.

Tampa said:
I could explain a 101 ways to get them same parents out of their houses and into the parks to get the very same items.
Ah - but that's not the audience they are going for here. They are going after the people who are NOT at the parks, widening the reach. I am quite surprised that players who do not live near the parks are not ecstatic about this opportunity to get new items without spending credits or a single real dime, in fact.

Tampa said:
...I can't imagine a kid doing this...
It's not aimed at kids as evident in the fact that one must be 18 years of age or older to enter. It's aimed towards parents and adult players. Again, widening the reach.

This 1 is simple business sense. Want more money? Look in new places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter