eBay Dreams Contest items and Treasure Detector Magic

FrontierNatasha said:
Lol that's so true. Come on VMK, why couldn't you make it in game? I waited long for treasure detector magic and you have to make it this contest on ebay that I don't even get? You are a kids game vmk! Do you expect that these kids even know what ebay is? Do they have lots of money where they can just buy stuff on ebay? VMK, use your common sense..just think about it. :rolleyes: Can someone please explain this whole thing to me because I'm lost. So you have to find a hidden mickey, but do you have to be a member? And do you have to be 18? Or can you just click on the hidden mickeys and get the prize? I'm so confused. :confused3
I am sorry that you are under 18, but I am sure your mom dad aunt who ever has an e bay account, it is no purchase necessary just have them log you on and have fun looking for mickeys :thumbsup2

27 Minutes ah! I wish I could enter but
1. I am under 18
2. I live in Scotland
3. I don' have a credit card
~Spongeblair

Disney Dreams said:
Ah - but that's not the audience they are going for here. They are going after the people who are NOT at the parks, widening the reach. I am quite surprised that players who do not live near the parks are not ecstatic about this opportunity to get new items without spending credits or a single real dime, in fact.

Trust me, they'd make ten times more flow then what they're trying to pull together right now by utilizing the parks. They had one of their biggest chances during the 50th celebration, now that's gone. My point is evident with the park sell out of simple vmk pirate pins. Buying them online is last resort, and a desperate one at that. When Rob informed the gang that DD had them on a saturday, I was there by sunday. I was broke and still got 2 boxes. My truck payment is still gonna be a lil late, but hey.. them beers on the last day of the food and wine festival went down smooth while I blazed my real life pirate insider tour pin.

It's not aimed at kids as evident in the fact that one must be 18 years of age or older to enter. It's aimed towards parents and adult players. Again, widening the reach.

But VMK is. And if they're going to target their evidentally, LARGE "ancient" population, then show us some credit, by doing something about things like the dicitionary.. informing us gamers better.. telling us selling our goods is bad (which Ebay is perfect for), and then pointing us in that direction.. and the dictionary.

This is all comparable to a (bad) father telling his little chester not to smoke, and then leaving him alone with a pack of cigarettes and a Dennis Leary dvd.

that boy will be :smokin: in no time!

OK 12:07 and I cant find the hidden mickey room!!!! I want my money back :lmao:

whoooooo hooooo its up an I found mickeys!!!!! Just to make sure as I have never been there, that was fantasyland in the magical kingdom right? :confused3

Just did it....VERY EASY! It is just one pic, they are all there right in front of your face.

birdmom said:
whoooooo hooooo its up an I found mickeys!!!!! Just to make sure as I have never been there, that was fantasyland in the magical kingdom right? :confused3

Yes, it was.

Tampa said:
Trust me, they'd make ten times more flow then what they're trying to pull together right now by utilizing the parks. They had one of their biggest chances during the 50th celebration, now that's gone. ... Tour pin.

See, we DO agree. :) yes, they get lots of business from VMK by driving ppl to the parks during the 50th. And the pins are a perfect example of how they have learned to do this.

This ebay promotion is a DIFFERENT angle. A strong marketing plan has many tactics.

As for the rest of your post, no clue what your point is so not going to even attempt to comment. Happy we can see that we DO agree on things.

Can someone please clarify?

I have found several post mentioning credit cards. But no where on the site does it mention that purchase IS necessary. As far as I knew, I never had to use a credit card to register an account. Am I missing something with the whole credit card thing? That is only if you want to be a or seller correct? Or is my registration invalid? Someone please confirm or clarify.
Thanks,
Fan :goodvibes

Disneyfan_77 said:
Can someone please clarify?

I have found several post mentioning credit cards. But no where on the site does it mention that purchase IS necessary. As far as I knew, I never had to use a credit card to register an account. Am I missing something with the whole credit card thing? That is only if you want to be a or seller correct? Or is my registration invalid? Someone please confirm or clarify.
Thanks,
Fan :goodvibes

You do not need a credit card or to purchase anything for this contest. Click on the link that says, "* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TO ENTER WITHOUT PURCHASING,CLICK HERE."

AmberDaze said:
You do not need a credit card or to purchase anything for this contest. Click on the link that says, "* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TO ENTER WITHOUT PURCHASING,CLICK HERE."

Well, I just followed that link. Filled out the first page with all my contact information, but on the second page it clearly asks for credit card informatiom to verify your identity. I tried submitting my registration leaving that field blank and it wouldn't let me.

Looks like you NEED to give your cc info in order to participate in this promotion.

The way I read everything yesterday from this post and eBay was that you don't have to enter anything to do the Mickey contest. If you want to enter the vacation one, you need to enter via the form. Am I right? :listen:

The first picture is up but I still dont get what you have to do. I see a Mickey figure but now what do you do?

No, Nikki, :hug: in order to even participate in just the Hidden Mickey promotion, you HAVE to have an ebay account, and in order to get an account, you HAVE to submit your cc information so they can "verify" your identity. Doesn't matter if you're ever going to buy or sell anything on ebay. It's necessary just for opening an account.

mtlhddoc2 said:
Actually, it was YAVN that said negatives about ebay etc - Disney itself is one of the biggest ebay sellers of all time with Disney Auctions so it does not suprise me at all. Yavn is probably throwing his hands up in the air on this whole thing.
Disney Dreams said:
VMK (Disney / Sulake) has never had issue with ebay that I am aware of. In fact, Disney is one of ebays largest stores. The only issue is that of buying or selling vmk items / characters on ebay. That is not what is being asked to be done in this contest. Additionally, no purchase is necessary.
Ah, good points Doc & DD... I see your distinctions between Y/D's opinions. And I totally forgot about Disney Auctions, which is silly of me since I've purchased some of my favorite pins from there. :rolleyes:

Well said and spoken both of you. I withdraw my confusion. :teeth:

threeboysmom said:
Well, I just followed that link. Filled out the first page with all my contact information, but on the second page it clearly asks for credit card informatiom to verify your identity. I tried submitting my registration leaving that field blank and it wouldn't let me.

Looks like you NEED to give your cc info in order to participate in this promotion.

I just filled out that form for another email account that I have and was not asked for a CC. The second page just said to check my email to complete the registration. I followed the emailed link with no problem and played the game. :confused3

Good luck!

KingTryton said:
I just filled out that form for another email account that I have and was not asked for a CC. The second page just said to check my email to complete the registration. I followed the emailed link with no problem and played the game. :confused3

Good luck!

I am not sure, but I don't think that is fair, because I know of some people that do not even use Credit Cards.. Maybe you give that information at a later time!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter