Eating on the fly with my two guys!! May Dining Updated 8/16 COMPLETE

Loving your reviews! Ohana sounds so delicious! I'm going to keep trying to get a ressie for our upcoming Sept trip!

We also love Tusker House- such good food!

Oh.. and same day BOG?! Love it!! You are the QUEEN, girl!

Such a cutie! I have a ppo for TH, really looking forward to it. I understand wanting to lol, I'm sure that was a close call with Mickey. It sounds like all-in-all TH has great character interaction.

It was a fun meal, with some comedic relief for sure! Enjoy your meal there :)

Loving your reviews! Ohana sounds so delicious! I'm going to keep trying to get a ressie for our upcoming Sept trip!

We also love Tusker House- such good food!

Oh.. and same day BOG?! Love it!! You are the QUEEN, girl!

Oh please do keep your ADR for Ohana, its fantastic!

That's great about Tusker! What foods did your son like? (Trying to figure what my son will like there and debating between breakfast/ dinner) :)

Love how into the food Alexander was and not the characters. And poor Mickey tripping, but I would have totally not been able to hold the laughter in.

That is great how Alexander is like hey guys I am too busy eating to make a fuss :rotfl2:
Way to go saving Mickey! Love Tusker House!

Love how into the food Alexander was and not the characters. And poor Mickey tripping, but I would have totally not been able to hold the laughter in.

Its funny with toddlers, some days it is all about the food the others they hardly eat at all! Mickey almost falling down was a moment I will never forget :goodvibes

That is great how Alexander is like hey guys I am too busy eating to make a fuss :rotfl2:
Way to go saving Mickey! Love Tusker House!

It was so hilarious as he was basically giving the characters a hand like hey buddy I am eating here!!

Great reviews Lori! I can't believe how grown up Alexsander is... he is so tall now! Glad you guys had a great time!

Great reviews Lori! I can't believe how grown up Alexsander is... he is so tall now! Glad you guys had a great time!

Its hard to believe he turned two last month! He is super tall for his age almost 37 inches. He may be tall enough at the end of September when we go to ride the mine train with the right shoes on. I see you have a trip coming up here soon, have a great time at the BWI!

Update

For dinner that evening I was able to get us into Tutto Italia. Normally the food is good there but this time around it was just ok. If your on the dining plan it is a great value. We started off with the foccacia bread, break sticks with olives and olive oil. I really did not care for this. Alexander was given his choice of a free meal, which I didn't know this, so he picked the fried cheese sticks. Now those were good, with a huge portion of marinara to dip them in. I had the lasagna,which was nothing to get excited about. I had eaten it before, but this time it tasted like a frozen meal. My DH had the lamb chop, which again was just ok. Very tiny portion on that dish. For dessert we opted for the chocolate filled cake with gelato, it was quiet good! Overall I wished we had gone somewhere else for dinner, and won't be returning to Tutto for a very long time.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sorry to hear your meal at Tutto was not up to snuff.....the dessert does look yummy though. Have you tried the wine cellar? I hear their small plates and wine flights are good.

Sorry to hear your meal at Tutto was not up to snuff.....the dessert does look yummy though. Have you tried the wine cellar? I hear their small plates and wine flights are good.

Good Morning! I have not tried the wine cellar, I have a friend that swears by it though and it is on my disney dining bucket list.

Last edited:
We've never tried Tutto and think I'll keep it that way for now :-) We love Via Napoli, but aside from that we generally get our Italian fix at home (I'm Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for a while). Though I'd totally kill for some of those cheese sticks right about now

We've never tried Tutto and think I'll keep it that way for now :-) We love Via Napoli, but aside from that we generally get our Italian fix at home (I'm Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for a while). Though I'd totally kill for some of those cheese sticks right about now

I have never tried VN, but have heard good things. I agree with you that I could totally go for some of those fat free :rotfl2:cheese sticks right now too!!

Oh your little guy is so super cute! You've had great luck so far with no ADRs! Can't wait to see what comes next! :)

Final Update!!

The next morning we met a friend who lives locally and went over to DHS for one final park visit before our 3:25 bus pick up for our evening flight. We always get the latest flight home on our check out day as we just can't get enough of our beloved WDW. We had a QS service left so we decided to try something new, since Pizza Planet was closed, we tried the studios catering company. I really enjoyed all the details in the is place and the theme. They don't miss a beat, I am telling you. Being we are such star wars fans we each had the royal guard burger with brisket. It was pretty good, but very messy. Also it was huge and we could not even finish half. Also I had the adorable BB8 cupcake. What a delightful, delicious resort. It's one of the best cupcakes I have ever had, but again way too much food. My DH had the Darth Vader cupcake, which was also fantastic. This place has great dessert options and a real bang for your buck for the dining plan. I would return for a bite here but split it for sure. So returned to the BC and hung out in the beautiful lobby while waiting for our bus. I love the smell there and have an order placed from an online company to capture that scent at home!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome end to your trip! Those cupcakes are huge aren't they? I always find Disney servings to be big....I am a little nervous about how much I'll be manage to eat in the heat next week but will certainly do my best for reporting purposes! :) Where are you staying for your F&W trip? Lucky you, going back again so soon!

Awesome end to your trip! Those cupcakes are huge aren't they? I always find Disney servings to be big....I am a little nervous about how much I'll be manage to eat in the heat next week but will certainly do my best for reporting purposes! :) Where are you staying for your F&W trip? Lucky you, going back again so soon!

I agree about the portion sizes, except at the signatures they are not as big normally, which is nice. We are actually staying YC CL standard view next month. I was able to get a steal on a CL room, which the CL at the YC was a lot cheaper than the BC CL. This will be our first time at the Regatta Club, which was refurbed recently.

I agree about the portion sizes, except at the signatures they are not as big normally, which is nice. We are actually staying YC CL standard view next month. I was able to get a steal on a CL room, which the CL at the YC was a lot cheaper than the BC CL. This will be our first time at the Regatta Club, which was refurbed recently.

So jealous! The YC is still one of my favorite resorts after staying there for my birthday two years ago. I love that Crescent Lake resort area! We have not gotten the opportunity to stay CL yet. I hope you will do a report!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter