Eat at Home 3!

Went to the store today. Stupid how high Walmart has jacked its food prices. But I digress.

Sunday lunch - not sure as we have church, and we're eating an early dinner;
Sunday dinner - dinner at Texas Roadhouse for MIL's birthday;
Monday lunch - tuna fish and chips;
Monday dinner - homemade hamburgers and chips or fries
Tuesday lunch - leftover hamburgers and chips;
Tuesday dinner - sloppy joes and tater tots;
Wednesday lunch - leftovers (DW), hot pocket or sandwich (for me)
Wednesday dinner - sausage wraps and rice (for DW) and veggies (for me);
Thursday lunch - leftover sausage wrap (DW); not sure for me because I work in downtown Dallas on Thursday;
Thursday dinner - crispy chicken sandwiches and baked beans;
Friday lunch - may eat out since it's payday;
Friday dinner - not sure yet

Also, not sure about breakfasts yet. We typically eat out for breakfast, but I did get eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, pop tarts, etc, so might start eating breakfast on the run.

Does anyone have a good Zucchini recipe? I have a LOT of it. I was thinking of just grilling with asparagus but there are only two of us. I know how to make zucchini chips, bread, crust less quiche and ratatouille. I’m looking for something new. Thanks

Does anyone have a good Zucchini recipe? I have a LOT of it. I was thinking of just grilling with asparagus but there are only two of us. I know how to make zucchini chips, bread, crust less quiche and ratatouille. I’m looking for something new. Thanks

You can make baba ghanouj with roasted zucchini - I tend to call it zaba ghanouj, but that's my own name for it. Just follow a regular recipe for eggplant subbing in zucchini, and it's a great dip.

Thank you all for the excellent suggestions. No way I'm going to be able to get through all these onions before they spoil - freezing is a great idea. Mixing the cocktail sauce with other spicy stuff should help the horseradish flavor blend it - will see how it goes!

Love zucchini! I like it in thai green curry (simmer whatever veggies you like in coconut milk with some curry powder or curry paste, serve over rice or noodles). Also like it stir fried with soy sauce, ginger, and whatever protein I have around and some red peppers. I also add it to sweet and sour chicken or pork.

If you have a spiralizer I find that zoodles freeze really well. When I cook fresh zoodles they are so watery, but the frozen zoodles are way less watery.

Thank you all for the excellent suggestions. No way I'm going to be able to get through all these onions before they spoil - freezing is a great idea. Mixing the cocktail sauce with other spicy stuff should help the horseradish flavor blend it - will see how it goes!
I freeze onions and peppers all the time when they are on sale to make sausage and peppers (usually in the crockpot). They defrost well for any cooked preparation I've used them for so far.

I used to post here but slacked off as I tend to do 🙄

We had our DD, DSIL and the grandbabies over yesterday for BBQ and the baseball game. Lots of leftovers!

Sunday
Ribs
Chicken
Sausage
Grilled squash/zucchini
Baked potatoes
Pasta salad
Angel food cake with strawberries

Monday
Skillet with leftover baked potatoes, leftover sausage, and added onion and green pepper
Salad

Tuesday
Chicken (BBQ leftover) tortilla casserole
Squash/zucchini/tomatoes

Wednesday
Roast chicken
Butter beans
Mashed potatoes
Broccoli

Thursday
Pasta bake
Salad

Friday
Hamburgers
Fries

Saturday
Leftovers

I’ll make stock with the roast chicken carcass and use the rest of the meat to make a jambalaya to bring to DS’s house when we go for a visit next week.

I forgot to post last week. So lets get this week posted.

Sunday
Double AA baseball game (and our tickets allow us to eat in the dining room for free)
Ribs, potato salad, cucumber salad, peach cobbler

Monday
Lasagna and bread

Tuesday
Leftover Lasagna and break (made a big enough batch for 3 meals)

Wednesday
Meat Loaf and mashed potatoes or rice and veggies (peas and carrots mix you buy in the frozen section)

Thursday
Sausage wraps, leftover veggies and fries/tots

Friday
Will probably eat out as it's pay day.

Been crazy so haven't been following a menu, but I THINK I have one that will work for this week!

Lunches - OYO

Monday Dinner: Breakfast For Dinner. I am going to be recreating the American Breakfast from The Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron at Universal Orlando for a YT VIdeo so that will be dinner as well

Tuesday: Cookout for the 4th

Wednesday: DH has an MRI in Wichita at 430 so we will be grabbing Panda Express while we are there

Thursday: BLT Sandwich

Friday: Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Protein Bowls (Creating a Video for my OTHER YouTube Channel)

Saturday: Grilled Chicken Salad

Sunday: Leftovers

I've probably posted these here before, but these are a couple of my go-to summer zucchini recipes:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/2...ti-stanley-tucci-loves-spaghetti-alla-nerano/

https://thewoksoflife.com/chicken-zucchini-dumplings/

I also use zucchini in kung pao chicken. Basically, I blend the American and authentic recipes for kung pao chicken in Kenji Lopez Alt's The Wok cookbook (so, the more authentic sauce/sichuan peppercorns, but with veggies). It comes out as if Panda Express was good.

Wow. it's been a while since I've been on this site! But now that we're tentatively planning our next WDW trip- I'm back!
dinner plans this week:
Sun-California burgers w/waffle fries
Mon- Italian sloppy Joes
Tue & Wed- out of town for concert
Thu- chicken quesadillas w/guacamole
Fri- bbq pork chops w/roasted potatoes
Sat- church dinner

We have a Farm Share in the summer so it's harder to plan ahead but this is what I have so far -
Sun - Humus and tabouli
Mon - Texas Caviar
Tues - garlic eggplant and spring rolls
Wed- Cabbage salad with peanut/ginger dressing
Thus - pulled pork on rice with slaw and a side salad

I have a February trip on the books! The best incentive to make a meal plan! Here’s what’s on my family’s menu

Bacon and cheese quiche
Salad
Strawberry and banana smoothies

Orzo with eggplant and feta
Rolls

Pork tenderloin
Rice
Zucchini

Soft tacos
Black beans
Chips and salsa
Pineapple

So far I've got:

Tonight- Leftovers from early dinner out yesterday on our way home from the shore
Monday- Ravioli with Sauce, maybe a salad and/or Italian bread
Tuesday- Taco Night (either ground turkey or ground beef depending on what I decide to thaw)
Wednesday- Marinated London Broil, Roasted Potatoes, Corn
Thursday- Hot Dogs and Fries for DH, Grilled Cheese and Fries for me
Friday- We will figure it out later in the week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter