Sunday: Chili Dogs, chips
Monday: Spicy Chicken Roll up, Rice, Green beans
Tuesday: Pasta with squash and mushrooms
Wednesday: Sticky Chicken thighs, rice, green beans
Thursday: Chicken Enchilada casserole, fire roasted corn
Friday: Leftovers

Oooooo! What's sticky chicken thighs?

Oooooo! What's sticky chicken thighs?

It is just some chicken thighs thrown in the crockpot with soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, sriracha. The recipe I used called for 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup Ketchup, 1/4 cup honey, 3 cloves of garlic, it called for fresh ginger but I just sprinkled a little on the chicken in the crockpot, and 2 TBS Sriracha.

I put chicken thighs in crock pot seasoned with salt, pepper, and ginger. Mix together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and sriracha and poured over chicken. Cooked on low for around 5 hours or until chicken is done. I also wanted the sauce thicker so I scooped the sauce out of the crockpot and made a slurry with cornstarch and water to thicken it up. Severed with Rice and Green beans. It was so good.

Those sticky chicken thighs sound great-I'll have to remember for when I bust out the crock pot again! I'm writing that on a sticky note right now!

I ended up working later and had to run some errands yesterday, so DH and I just ate up some leftovers. Now I have one carryover meal. Next week is going to be completely unpredictable for me at work, and there may be days I'm staying later. I planned some super easy stuff with that in mind:

breaded chicken breasts with salad
sweet & sour meatballs with pineapple and rice
chicken cucumber pitas with chips
beef soft tacos with beans and guacamole
deli roll ups with fruit
spaghetti and meatballs (got one bag of frozen meatballs to use twice)

I went way off plan last week due to 2 migraines and then the after effects of said migraines. I was barely functional for a few days. Hopefully I can get back to things this week.

Breakfast: Smoked sausage, potatoes, eggs, and tea
Lunch: Sandwiches, chips, banana
Dinner:
Sunday: Yellow chicken curry
Monday/Tuesday: Spinach and feta chicken burgers, veggies with hummus
Wednesday/Thursday: Broccoli stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
Friday: Asian salmon with soba noodles

Trying some new recipes this week. I am also planning for almost 2 weeks For lunch a couple of days I used leftover hamburgers for Big Mac Salad which was so good.

Saturday: Hamburgers and fries
Sunday: Dinner at in-laws
Monday: Cheese ravioli with zucchini and mushrooms
Tuesday: Leftover pasta
Wednesday: Sweet potato hash, apple sauce, cottage cheese
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
Saturday: Steak, potatoes
Sunday: Broccoli Cheese soup
Monday: Chicken sausage and cabbage
Tuesday: Breakfast burritos
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Crispy Chicken salad
Friday: Frozen Pizza

I know we're late in the game compared to some people, but we have been teaching DS17 and DS19 to cook this summer, so each of them has cooked one night a week. Their menus have been very basic, chicken, tacos, pizza, pasta, but fine by me. I don't have to cook and they are learning life skills. Tonight I'm making teriyaki pork chops and rice along with Trader Joe's frozen potstickers and spring rolls. We've been getting takeout every Saturday night during the pandemic, something we didn't do before. It's been a nice break from three meals a day at home, six days a week and a good way to support local restaurants.

It has been a long time since I have posted in here. I still eat at home, especially with everything going on. I also have been working from home since March 23rd. I am getting bored though and figured I would pop on to get some new ideas.

Last night I had some chicken enchiladas I had prepped in the freezer and tonight I am planning on heating up some pulled pork from my freezer for sandwiches with some fruit and chips.

It has been a long time since I have posted in here. I still eat at home, especially with everything going on. I also have been working from home since March 23rd. I am getting bored though and figured I would pop on to get some new ideas.

Last night I had some chicken enchiladas I had prepped in the freezer and tonight I am planning on heating up some pulled pork from my freezer for sandwiches with some fruit and chips.
That's definitely my problem right now, I feel like I am in a rut. I've been working at home since March 16. I had a long commute and at first reveled in having more time to cook, eating earlier, etc. That got old quick, although I still seem to find time for baking. Lol.

I don't know if you're a fish eater, but I have been shopping on Friday afternoons these days and will pick up fish for dinner. It's not something I used to make very often at home but have been doing it more lately.

That's definitely my problem right now, I feel like I am in a rut. I've been working at home since March 16. I had a long commute and at first reveled in having more time to cook, eating earlier, etc. That got old quick, although I still seem to find time for baking. Lol.

I don't know if you're a fish eater, but I have been shopping on Friday afternoons these days and will pick up fish for dinner. It's not something I used to make very often at home but have been doing it more lately.

I also had an hour long commute and loved that extra time at first. I love to cook but like you said I feel like I am in a rut. I did order a few new cookbooks from amazon this week so hopefully I will feel inspired again. This being home all day having to come up with 3 meals even if lunch is just leftovers, is exhausting, lol.

I am not a fan of fish but doing something like that is a good idea.

To help those who feel they are in a rut, you might want to try these ideas:)...

1. Go to the store and buy a fruit/veg you've never eaten before - and then, come home and find a recipe that goes with it:).
2. As mentioned, the fish counter is your friend. So many different fishes, but so many can be prepped so simply and quickly - it's the "no work" dinner plan when you add it with a vinegar dill cuke salad or coleslaw and a baked potato or fresh loaf of bread
3. Try French:). Or really, any new cuisine you haven't done before:).
4. ONLY COOK ONCE A DAY:). Yes, we eat 3 meals a day, but cooking for 3 meals will get exhausting. Breakfast can be simple - eggs can be microwaved, oats can be overnighted, frozen waffles can be toasted and covered with jam...and there's always cereal:)...Lunch can be leftovers or prepped on one day for 2-3 days (making a chicken salad or precooking bacon for BLTs or making a pasta salad, etc) or even just sandwiches. And if it needs to be complicated, it's the perfect meal to let others make for you or the rest of the fam (my 2 eldest tend to be "the lunch makers" here and they have some standbys like homemade scratch mac and cheese, toasted peanut butter and banana sandwiches, microwaveable pac clean out the fridge fried rice, and clean out the fridge homemade ramen).

Last weekend we got fajitas on our "eat out" night and had enough leftover meat and veggies for lunch the next day and then I used the rest for fajita nachos one night too. I carried over the spaghetti and meatballs to next week along with:

antipasto salad
slow cooker beef burritos
BBQ cola chicken with mashed potatoes
pierogies (for some strange reason DH requested these- I usually don't make them till Fall...)
Texas chili cheese fries

Keeping it simple again!

Breakfast: Fried eggs, potato pancakes, avocado, roasted mushrooms
Lunch: Sandwiches, veggies with dip
Dinner:
Tonight: Teriyaki salmon over noodles with mushrooms and spinach
Saturday: Steak, baked potato, roasted zucchini
Sunday-Monday: Spicy veggie Udon
Tuesday-Wednesday: Pasta with butter, parmesan, peas, and broccoli
Thursday-Friday: Thai pork rice bowls

To help those who feel they are in a rut, you might want to try these ideas:)...

1. Go to the store and buy a fruit/veg you've never eaten before - and then, come home and find a recipe that goes with it:).
2. As mentioned, the fish counter is your friend. So many different fishes, but so many can be prepped so simply and quickly - it's the "no work" dinner plan when you add it with a vinegar dill cuke salad or coleslaw and a baked potato or fresh loaf of bread
3. Try French:). Or really, any new cuisine you haven't done before:).
4. ONLY COOK ONCE A DAY:). Yes, we eat 3 meals a day, but cooking for 3 meals will get exhausting. Breakfast can be simple - eggs can be microwaved, oats can be overnighted, frozen waffles can be toasted and covered with jam...and there's always cereal:)...Lunch can be leftovers or prepped on one day for 2-3 days (making a chicken salad or precooking bacon for BLTs or making a pasta salad, etc) or even just sandwiches. And if it needs to be complicated, it's the perfect meal to let others make for you or the rest of the fam (my 2 eldest tend to be "the lunch makers" here and they have some standbys like homemade scratch mac and cheese, toasted peanut butter and banana sandwiches, microwaveable pac clean out the fridge fried rice, and clean out the fridge homemade ramen).
I’ve been making a whole loaf of French toast and freezing it. Even being at home, I need an easy breakfast to have while I’m working, so I can just pull out a couple slices at a time.

Thanks for the tips @TwoMisfits. I went through a bunch of cookbooks last night and will be tring 2 new recipes this week.

Last night I ended up ordering pizza. I order pizza about once a month and it was delicious. Tonight I made Pepper Steak Stir Fry. I have not made it in forever and it is my moms recipe. She never wrote anything down (she passed in October 2017), so I have been trying to recreate it and i think I got it down tonight.

Tomorrow I am making ribs in the Instant Pot with grilled veggies and salad

DS22 came home from the camp he worked at this summer, so now I'm cooking for three again. His requests after being gone two months were thai food and sausage gravy

Today: salad rolls and pad thai
Saturday: zucchini zoodle lasagna
Sunday: Korean Chinese style spicy fried chicken (and maybe tofu too), rice, radish pickles, spinach side dish
Monday: BBQ mongolian pork chops, mashed potatoes, red cabbage
Tuesday: Pad Kee Mao (been on my menu before, but I haven't actually made it ever yet. It's a little more challenging since I'm going to have to make the noodles)
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner-- sausage gravy and biscuits, fruit

Meal plan for this week:

Today: Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs with sweet corn
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner
Monday: Burgers and mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Taco Sphagetthi or Double Decker tacos
Wednesday: Meatball Subs
Thursday: Everything Bagel chicken
Friday: Probably Pizza or Chick-fil-a knockoffs from Sams Club

Meal plan for this week:

Today: Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs with sweet corn
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner
Monday: Burgers and mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Taco Sphagetthi or Double Decker tacos
Wednesday: Meatball Subs
Thursday: Everything Bagel chicken
Friday: Probably Pizza or Chick-fil-a knockoffs from Sams Club

Do you mind sharing what is Taco Spaghetti?

Just got back from the grocery store! Here we go:

Today (Monday) : Taco Salad
Tuesday: Teriyaki Chicken w/ Rice and Broccoli.
Wednesday: Parm. Chicken w/ Lazy Lasagna
Thursday: Finger Food/Graze Plate.
Friday: Buffalo Wings & Fries.
Saturday: Chicken Fried Chicken w/Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Sunday: Pot Roast w/ Potatoes & Carrots, and Rice. (Pending, the store didn't have any good roast's today so we're gonna try to get one later in the week.)

I haven't posted here in a while, life has been really tough. Lost my job due to a certain virus that shall not be named and have been struggling to find something new. My health has been a roller coaster of continuous migraines and dad's sugar levels have been insane, the doctor has told him if he doesn't get it under control he'll have to go on insulin. We've just about depleted everything we had saved up for Disney vacation so we're having to start from the bottom again. We has a unit were all just in a very dark place for the last few months. But we're picking ourselves up now and working to get our health back under control and the first step of that is meal planning. So here we are.

This weeks plan

Yesterday I made Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi with salad and bread sticks
Tonight was homemade macaroni and cheese with a side of broccoli
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday- pancakes, sausage, and fruit
Thursday- Soup and sandwiches
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday- Chicken stir fry

@AgentSweet I hope that both of you enjoy better health as you move forward. You will be able to save up again for that vacation and be feeling good enough by then to really enjoy it.
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter