Eat at Home 3!

Yesterday: Steak fajitas. I got a bag of skirt steaks at the restaurant supply store! I've been looking for this for months there, and they always used to say they rarely bought it because our local restaurants didn't buy it enough. I guess I lucked out, or they're changing what they stock to match home cooks more. Idk. I used one for dinner and 7 more are in the freezer now (they don't sell single steaks there).

Today: Senate navy bean soup

Saturday: Calzones and green salad

Sunday: fried trout fillets, rice pilaf, asparagus

Monday: Hamburgers, oven fries, zucchini, and any odds and end leftovers to clean out my produce drawer

So, my produce box got delayed and won't be here til the middle of next week (so I'm skipping next week's order and I'll make the box last 10 days). Since I'm uncertain when it will come, I'll be using what I have and what Safeway will be giving me tomorrow (if they drop the ball, then I'll have to replan). Anyway, since my spouse wanted to cook his favorite today, I'll start my plans there:)...

Sat - Hamburger Helper 4 Cheese Lasagna for everyone but me, Bacon Fat Onion Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Tater Tots with Lettuce/Tomato/Onion/Fake Sour Cream/Brusells (for me), Apple Slices
Sun (Kids Choice) - Chinese Take In for Easter Dinner - Chicken Lo Mein, Crispy Beef, Spring Rolls, Hot and Sour Soup, Fortune Cookies (I'll be reheating and replating everything), Orange Slices and Green Tea with Honey - Dessert will be Vanilla Cupcakes with a Cherry Cabernet Sauce (from a previous misfit box)
Mon - Chinese Leftovers Plus Moroccan Vegetarian Carrot and Chickpea Tagine (I have everything already right now, and this will fill any role we don't have leftovers left for)...https://www.thespruceeats.com/moroccan-vegetarian-carrot-and-chickpea-tagine-2395043 My sis recommended the recipe - hope it's good:)...
Tues - Fresh Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill, Mashed Potatoes, Strawberries, Leftover Tangine
Wed - Ground Beef Sloppy Joes, Dairy-Free Caesar Salads, Red Grapes
Thurs - Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Fri - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Produce Box Side (it's got to be here by then)
Sat - Takeout with Fruit Smoothies (unless something in my box needs using asap)...

So, I got my produce box Wednesday, so a lot of my late week plans went out the window...but yesterday I made a pork loin with an amazing broccollini with olive, lemon, red pepper flake, and garlic with an apple fennel crisp and homemade garlic bread. And Thursday, we did a picnic dinner with Pork BBQ sandwiches, homemade carrot top cilantro pesto (vegan AND tree nut free) pasta salad with roasted zucchini, green and red onion, and grated carrot, and a fruit salad. And my kid needed to cook Wednesday, so we made an orange marmalade that we turned in to cocktail meatballs and served with mashed potatoes, more fruit salad, and another veg (which escapes me). So, I pretty much tossed the Wed-Fri plan, but we made a lot of great meals anyway:)...

So, this week, I have no produce box, but I have a "fake dairy" foods and fresh catfish Whole Foods drop off tonight ($40) and a Safeway pickup (more regular food) on Monday. Since I never get everything, especially from Safeway, and I know I'm working with what I have now, well, here's the plan...

Sat - Takeout with Fruit Salad (last of berries to use from Wed box) - gonna get wings (for me) and pizza (with our freeb) from Dominos
Sun - Southwest Grilled Catfish Fillets, Cucumber Dill Salad, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sliced Oranges
Mon - Grocery Rotisserie Chicken, Shrimp Cocktail (we'll see if grocery gives me both), Celeriac Puree, Roasted Zucchini, Strawberries
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Blueberries and Raspberries
Wed - Homemade Pizzas with Pepperoni, Bacon, Real and Fake Mozzarella, Carmelized Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and Homemade Kale Chips
Thurs - Chicken Stew with Chicken Thighs, Fennel Stalks and Fronds, Carrots, Celery, Green and Red Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary, Crescent Rolls, Last of Berries
Fri - Leftovers or Dairy Free and Dairy Filled Mac and Cheese, Throw-Together Salads, Fruit Smoothies

I am finding it is hard to plan my menu by day so now I just have ideas planned and depending on when anyone is home it determines the menu. Both DH and DD work "essential jobs" and they have been working a ton of hours. I am blessed that I work in IT and work from home. My DD is only 16 and is working over 30 hours a week as they are so busy. Luckily she is an excellent student so this isn't impacting her school work but if it did her job would be the first thing to go. Both of their jobs are taking this very seriously and they wear masks, gloves, wash their hands every hour, and when they get home they go right from garage into laundry room and throw clothes in washer to be cleaned. We are doing everything we can to keep us and those they interact with healthy and safe.

Menu ideas for this week:
Frozen pizza
Grilled chicken, broccoli cheese rice, Italian bread
Cajun Steak Bites, rice, leftover Italian bread
Pasta and meat balls, garlic bread ( I will eat meatballs with zucchini and mushrooms vs pasta)
Corn and black bean dip with tortilla chips
Leftovers

I know it seems like I'm coddling doing all the meals but if I don't control the food supply my family will just gobble everything up in boredom. Since I am keeping things moving I can make sure everyone gets enough and there is minimal waste (I throw nothing out ). I might add my 6 ft son gets a PBJ when I go to sleep and my daughter an apple or orange cut up to stop the pantry raids that were happening while I slept, so far its working - no intention of changing. I work snacks like Doritos I have hidden into lunch meals as snacks here and there, same with chocolate.

Day 1: salad with hardboiled egg and cut up apple, dinner Ree Drummond simple chili in tacos
Day 2: lunch small scoop chili with a few chips around it like a flower a bit of lettuce, smidge of salsa and teeny bit of sour cream, dinner leftover thanksgiving turkey & sweet potato casserole
Day 3: lunch tarragon tuna salad, dinner mini meatloaf, turkey soup with leftover lasagne noodles and salad
Day 4: lunch leftover chicken with leftover pasta for 2 other 2 tarragon tuna salad sandwiches dinner will be beef shepherds pie scooped on a microwaved potato and salad
Day 5: lunch egg salad, dinner I am hoping the yeast experiment works so pizza
Day 6: lunch turkey lunch meat sandwiches or maybe barley soup made from beef bone broth dinner stuffed pepper insides with frozen pepper and onion on top so I think sort of a casserole
Day 7: lunch egg salad sandwiches, dinner maybe enchiladas if I can find a way to make my own enchilada sauce that is sparing of ingredients
Day 8: lunch ham lunchmeat sandwiches, dinner shredded chicken on rice and black bean soup (very thick reg goya recipe) with crunchy nacho leftover bits sprinkled on top

Well I still have the ham in the freezer. We had take out for Easter which was neat treat. I liked the cheesecake mostly :) I'm trying to keep a meal plan going but I'm also just over all of this. I never been so tired my own cooking or trying to think how to keep changing it up and repurposing leftovers. Stay safe!

Mon: Corn chowder with shrimp, bread and spinach salad
Tues: Chicken sausage brats, French fries, green beans and fruit
Wed: Breakfast hash with leftover chicken sausage
Thu: Pork chops, cheesy rice and broccoli (skipped)
Fri: Homemade Pizza(skipped)

Hi Cooks! I hope all is well and safe with everyone. I'm still tired of cooking and tired of my trying to decide what to do for meals, let alone several times a day. The grocery stores are looking better here. I went to my small Fresh Thyme (sprouts in other areas) and on Wednesday does double ad day. I did go there last Wednesday to stock up on all fresh fruits/veggies and did my drive up order from Kroger so we set again for few weeks. I still have homemade pizza on menu for end of this week. I'm kind meal planning mostly just like oh look it's dinner how much energy or I care to make a big meal. Stay safe and good health to all.

Fri: Flank steak with mushroom/onion pan gravy and roasted brussel sprouts, rice
Sat: Leftover steak converted into quesadillas with fresh mixed avocado salad and mango salsa with tortilla chips
Sun: Pork chops, broccoli mac n cheese
Mon: Spicy fish sandwiches with coleslaw, green beans, and sweet potato fries
Tues: Honey lime garlic chicken, rice and stir fry veggies
Wed: Ham, sweet potatoes, veg, and rolls
Thur: Quiche with ham and fresh fruit
Fri: Homemade burgers with fries

I'm tired of cooking. 3 meals a day, that's crazy. I was over it last week so DH grilled a bunch of meat last Sunday. We ate on that until Wednesday and then we ate fast food thru this Sunday.

I've started making green smoothies for breakfast. Sandwiches or salad for snack. My DH enjoys junk food and fast food. At this point I'm letting him eat whatever.

Is anyone else grazing all day? SMH

Monday: catfish, carrots and roasted potatoes
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: Mexican casserole
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: take out
Saturday: YOYO
Sunday: Chicken and cabbage

I'm tired of cooking. 3 meals a day, that's crazy. I was over it last week so DH grilled a bunch of meat last Sunday.

Grilling is the way to go! We do that a lot- just did last night because it was storming on Sunday. I prep the meats and marinade if needed, we throw them on the grill, and store for the rest of the week. Then when I get home each night I don't have as much to do- just sides a simple reheat or throw the meats into whatever, like tacos, casseroles, salads. The other bonus for us Southerners: less heat in the kitchen!

We are also trying to go to the store once every 2 weeks. Produce tends to run out first. We are also making breakfast 'cookies' to save on bread use.
We are cycling through what we have here in the pantry and freezer but this is not an unusual approach for us. We tend to eat the same things and keep a month-long menu on the fridge.
Sat - french toast with peanut butter and a fruit salad.
Sun - stirfried rice and potstickers
Mon - chili over rice with guac and chips
Tues - fake tuna casserole with veggies from the freezer
Wed - peanut noodles with roasted onions
by Thursday we will need to go buy produce again
Thurs - pulled pork on rice with slaw and roasted carrots
Fri-ramen soup with spinach and wonton

So, I got my produce box Wednesday, so a lot of my late week plans went out the window...but yesterday I made a pork loin with an amazing broccollini with olive, lemon, red pepper flake, and garlic with an apple fennel crisp and homemade garlic bread. And Thursday, we did a picnic dinner with Pork BBQ sandwiches, homemade carrot top cilantro pesto (vegan AND tree nut free) pasta salad with roasted zucchini, green and red onion, and grated carrot, and a fruit salad. And my kid needed to cook Wednesday, so we made an orange marmalade that we turned in to cocktail meatballs and served with mashed potatoes, more fruit salad, and another veg (which escapes me). So, I pretty much tossed the Wed-Fri plan, but we made a lot of great meals anyway:)...

So, this week, I have no produce box, but I have a "fake dairy" foods and fresh catfish Whole Foods drop off tonight ($40) and a Safeway pickup (more regular food) on Monday. Since I never get everything, especially from Safeway, and I know I'm working with what I have now, well, here's the plan...

Sat - Takeout with Fruit Salad (last of berries to use from Wed box) - gonna get wings (for me) and pizza (with our freeb) from Dominos
Sun - Southwest Grilled Catfish Fillets, Cucumber Dill Salad, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sliced Oranges
Mon - Grocery Rotisserie Chicken, Shrimp Cocktail (we'll see if grocery gives me both), Celeriac Puree, Roasted Zucchini, Strawberries
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Blueberries and Raspberries
Wed - Homemade Pizzas with Pepperoni, Bacon, Real and Fake Mozzarella, Carmelized Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and Homemade Kale Chips
Thurs - Chicken Stew with Chicken Thighs, Fennel Stalks and Fronds, Carrots, Celery, Green and Red Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary, Crescent Rolls, Last of Berries
Fri - Leftovers or Dairy Free and Dairy Filled Mac and Cheese, Throw-Together Salads, Fruit Smoothies

I can't make my meal plan yet, b/c my grocery delivery is tomorrow (and my produce box is running late), but I am working on cleaning out the fridge today, so the last of my carrot pesto is getting used, and my big rib pack is getting used to hopefully be replaced in my order tomorrow...

Tonight (Sat) is BBQ Pork Spareribs, Roasted Vegetable Carrot Pesto Pasta Salad (Roasted Zucchini, Carrot, Fennel Fronds and Stalks - not the Bulb - this is using up everything:), Onion), Green Salad, Grapes and Strawberries

Breakfast: Eggs, roasted potatoes and cabbage, chicken sausage
Lunch: Salads and rolls
Dinner:
Tonight/Monday: Brats, fried corn, potato salad
Tuesday: Teriyaki salmon rice bowl with broccoli, avocado, and mango
Wednesday-Friday: Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry and rice
Saturday: Soup and grilled cheese

I can't make my meal plan yet, b/c my grocery delivery is tomorrow (and my produce box is running late), but I am working on cleaning out the fridge today, so the last of my carrot pesto is getting used, and my big rib pack is getting used to hopefully be replaced in my order tomorrow...

Tonight (Sat) is BBQ Pork Spareribs, Roasted Vegetable Carrot Pesto Pasta Salad (Roasted Zucchini, Carrot, Fennel Fronds and Stalks - not the Bulb - this is using up everything:), Onion), Green Salad, Grapes and Strawberries

Okay, got my grocery order...and everything was delivered - that's a 1st. My produce box has started its path to me, but I'm still not sure when it will get here, so I'll make a plan and add it in and change midweek if I need to do so...

Sun - Spouse-Made Dinner - Hamburger Helper (I'm having the leftover veg pesto pasta salad), Kid Milkshakes, Strawberries and Blueberries
Mon - Pan-Fried Bone In Chicken Thighs, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Raspberries and Bananas
Tues - Beef and Black Bean Chili, All the Toppings (Dairy and Dairy Free), Homemade Gaucamole with Chips, Clementines
Wed - Chili Cheese Tater Tots, The Leftover Toppings (including the Guac), Green Salad, Apple Slices
Thurs - BLTAs, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Red Grapes
Fri - Takeout - I promised Thai, so we're hitting our local place for some Thai food:)
Sat - Leftovers from the Week (including any Thai food) with New Produce Box Sides - if no leftovers, it will be Mac and Cheese night

Tonight: I had a late lunch, so I'll probably just have cheese and crackers and a smoothie
Rest of the week, not sure what order, and will have some leftover nights

Sweedish meatballs (from freezer) and egg noodles
Mac and cheese and fruit
Buffalo Chicken bites and salad (will probably just leftovers of this and make a wrap for lunch the next day)
Baked chicken (marinated in Italian dressing), tater tots and broccoli

Hi Cooks! I hope all is well and safe with everyone. I'm still tired of cooking and tired of my trying to decide what to do for meals, let alone several times a day. The grocery stores are looking better here. I went to my small Fresh Thyme (sprouts in other areas) and on Wednesday does double ad day. I did go there last Wednesday to stock up on all fresh fruits/veggies and did my drive up order from Kroger so we set again for few weeks. I still have homemade pizza on menu for end of this week. I'm kind meal planning mostly just like oh look it's dinner how much energy or I care to make a big meal. Stay safe and good health to all.

Fri: Flank steak with mushroom/onion pan gravy and roasted brussel sprouts, rice
Sat: Leftover steak converted into quesadillas with fresh mixed avocado salad and mango salsa with tortilla chips
Sun: Pork chops, broccoli mac n cheese
Mon: Spicy fish sandwiches with coleslaw, green beans, and sweet potato fries
Tues: Honey lime garlic chicken, rice and stir fry veggies
Wed: Ham, sweet potatoes, veg, and rolls
Thur: Quiche with ham and fresh fruit
Fri: Homemade burgers with fries

Hi all. Have I mentioned I'm tired meal planning. I'm trying smart meal plan with leftovers from dinner repurposed or enjoyed as is for lunch next day. I never thought I'd miss overpriced, not that great food for lunch when I was in my office. Meals always subject to change depending on my mood and attitude.

Sun: Shredded pork sliders, coleslaw, leftover mac n cheese, and roasted green beans
Mon: Take out
Tues: leftover pork either baked potatoes or nachos
Wed: Potato bean burritos, fruit
Thur: Breakfast
Fri: Hamburgers we didn't have last week.

Ya'll stafe safe and good health to all.

Have not posted in a while but still enjoy reading.

Heading to the grocery store tomorrow.

Tuesday - sheet pan nachos
Wednesday - Disney move night - ratatouille and fried polenta
Thursday - take out fried fish and hushpuppies
Friday - Disney movie night Beauty and the Beast - coq co vin and gray stuff
Saturday - grilled hot dogs and green beans
Sunday - baked ravioli and garlic bread
Monday - spicy tomato soup

Hi all. Have I mentioned I'm tired meal planning. I'm trying smart meal plan with leftovers from dinner repurposed or enjoyed as is for lunch next day. I never thought I'd miss overpriced, not that great food for lunch when I was in my office. Meals always subject to change depending on my mood and attitude.

Sun: Shredded pork sliders, coleslaw, leftover mac n cheese, and roasted green beans
Mon: Take out
Tues: leftover pork either baked potatoes or nachos
Wed: Potato bean burritos, fruit
Thur: Breakfast
Fri: Hamburgers we didn't have last week.

Ya'll stafe safe and good health to all.

Have I mentioned I'm tired of my own cooking LOL. I didn't do breakfast this week or hamburgers today and the pork lasted lot longer and still some in the freezer for later on. We actually had take out twice this week and frankly wasn't that enjoyable worrying about everyone and everything. I just can't be happy right now with this flux of life it seems.

Fri: Enchiladas with ground turkey and red sauce, black beans and zucchini maybe rice.
Sat: Meatloaf or hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad (I've never made meatloaf....)
Sun: Stuffed shells with chicken, spinach covered in alfredo with spinach salad
Mon: Gyros(picked up the kit meat from Costco), homemade tzatziki, and sweet potato fries
Tues: Breakfast
Wed: Pimento cheese sandwiches with fruit

Stay safe to all.

Have I mentioned I'm tired of my own cooking LOL. I didn't do breakfast this week or hamburgers today and the pork lasted lot longer and still some in the freezer for later on. We actually had take out twice this week and frankly wasn't that enjoyable worrying about everyone and everything. I just can't be happy right now with this flux of life it seems.

Fri: Enchiladas with ground turkey and red sauce, black beans and zucchini maybe rice.
Sat: Meatloaf or hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad (I've never made meatloaf....)
Sun: Stuffed shells with chicken, spinach covered in alfredo with spinach salad
Mon: Gyros(picked up the kit meat from Costco), homemade tzatziki, and sweet potato fries
Tues: Breakfast
Wed: Pimento cheese sandwiches with fruit

Stay safe to all.

Good luck on meatloaf:)...my rule - have a wet, have a dry, have a binder, and have a flavor (and add s&p)...never use meat above 90% lean (and 85% is the perfect type, but 80% and 90% also work:)...and cook at 350 for between 40-60 minutes depending how many pounds and how you shape it (one big loaf, or two smaller ones)...

You literally get the "feel" for the right mix and the right amounts of everything as you keep making it, b/c while recipes help, family taste buds help more, and some folks like it "breadier/drier", and some folks like it "meatier", and some folks like it heavily flavored, etc:)...

Good luck on meatloaf:)...my rule - have a wet, have a dry, have a binder, and have a flavor (and add s&p)...never use meat above 90% lean (and 85% is the perfect type, but 80% and 90% also work:)...and cook at 350 for between 40-60 minutes depending how many pounds and how you shape it (one big loaf, or two smaller ones)...

You literally get the "feel" for the right mix and the right amounts of everything as you keep making it, b/c while recipes help, family taste buds help more, and some folks like it "breadier/drier", and some folks like it "meatier", and some folks like it heavily flavored, etc:)...

The army ruined my husband's taste buds:rolleyes1 and it helps that my MIL wasn't the best cook and he isn't picky.
I do have a recipe and really I'm not a big meat eater so I'm thinking a small meatloaf and it's 85/15 real burger meat. If all else fails I repurpose it into something else.

2 week plan again-

Beef Stroganoff
Spaghetti
Burgers (2 nights), baked fries or corn on the cob
Pizza (2 nights) - pepperoni/bbq chicken/veggie
Parmesan chicken, rice, broccoli
Asian chicken salad
Angel chicken, peas
Roast pork, carrots and mashed potatoes
Bean burritos, Spanish rice, corn
Eggs, sausage, grits
Egg roll in a bowl (ground turkey, carrots, cabbage, Asian seasonings)
Leftover night

I've found the best time to grocery shop here is right at 7 am when the store opens- very few people and it's hopefully been cleaned and sanitized overnight. I'm up anyway and then I get my groceries home, clean up and go into work. Going to be grilling some things Sunday to have for easier dinners during the week. I'm also making a big batch of taco beef on Tuesday morning to have for dinner as double decker tacos for us to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but also to take into work with all the fixings for hard or soft tacos for my employees. We are still getting one takeout meal per week (we sued to go out after church on Saturdays) to and hopefully that's helping out our local restaurants. Here's plans for the next few weeks in no particular order:

double decker tacos
tortellini carbonara with spinach
grilled apricot turkey with broccoli slaw and biscuits
feta dill chicken burgers with tater tots
bean burritos with guacamole
jerk chicken with tropical couscous
Spanish beef and noodles
grilled chicken salad
grilled chicken Cajun pasta
slow cooker carnitas
chicken sliders withchips and dip
Korean pulled pork tacos

Okay, got my grocery order...and everything was delivered - that's a 1st. My produce box has started its path to me, but I'm still not sure when it will get here, so I'll make a plan and add it in and change midweek if I need to do so...

Sun - Spouse-Made Dinner - Hamburger Helper (I'm having the leftover veg pesto pasta salad), Kid Milkshakes, Strawberries and Blueberries
Mon - Pan-Fried Bone In Chicken Thighs, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Raspberries and Bananas
Tues - Beef and Black Bean Chili, All the Toppings (Dairy and Dairy Free), Homemade Gaucamole with Chips, Clementines
Wed - Chili Cheese Tater Tots, The Leftover Toppings (including the Guac), Green Salad, Apple Slices
Thurs - BLTAs, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Red Grapes
Fri - Takeout - I promised Thai, so we're hitting our local place for some Thai food:)
Sat - Leftovers from the Week (including any Thai food) with New Produce Box Sides - if no leftovers, it will be Mac and Cheese night

Produce box showed up unexpected Tuesday...ha...so I saved the 2 chili dishes and made produce heavy meals (one was Chicken and Veg Pot Pie and the other was Ritz Cracker and Fried Onion baked chicken with Roasted Cauliflower, Strawberries/Blueberries, and Green Salad - kids LOVED this dish, and I had to use up quarantine crackers and open onions before they got stale, so win/win)...

So, I have a grocery pick up Monday and I changed my produce box "normal" day to Tuesday, but not sure it will get there, then...but I'll start their produce on Thursday, and move back if needed:)...

I am gonna post my plan later today or tomorrow, and I'm almost certain chili will be there soon:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!