easter black outs and AP's

brajfamily

Mousketeer
I called Disney last night after seeing the announcement here. Unfortunately I had no luck. They did not lift the blackout on AP rates. We have an AP room rate with dining starting on the 11th of April. He did quote us the general room only discount for the 9th and 10th but because it is only 2 nights, it's only 35% off. Does anyone know if it possible to use general room rate discount and add on dining or is that only for AP's?

thanks!!

You may want to check again...when i booked our trip 4/3-4/10 it was blacked out I kept checking and finally was able to get a ap discount 45% off. it saved me a lot and was able to change to the Poly

same here, the promotion is called winter to summer and I was able to save enough to also move up to the next category of resort.

thanks for the feedback. I'm going to call disney now and see where i get. Anyone else had luck ap's and easter blackouts???
thanks!

I also got the AP discount for 4/2 - 4/10 by calling and politely insisting the CM try to get it to go through (after hearing the AP discount was, in fact, working for that week). The CM was very surprised it worked because they were seeing blackout dates listed. But if you can get someone who's willing to try it, there are AP discounts for Easter week.

Thanks for the suggestion to keep trying! What a difference a CM can make!!! I called last night and had the nicest CM who tried until she was able to get the discount to work. We are now checking in to AKL on Friday and are psyched!!! Warm weather can't get here soon enough!!!

I hope that anyone else having troubles with discounts keeps trying until the get a helpful CM!!!

Thanks Again!!:yay:

I booked through the AP website for Easter night and got the discount. We're getting off the Wonder that morning and are just staying that one night before driving back home. Trying to stretch the magic a little longer!;)

On Moday (March 8th), I was able to get the passholder discount added to our stay at the Wilderness Lodge (March 27-April 2). It saved us $1,021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter