East Coast Antics aka We're not doing Disney this year... Yeah right!!

A great trip in the making.
We are there about the same time as you and we are looking forward to both universal and disney halloween nights, having never done either.

With about a month to go until I can make my ADRs these are the choices so far:

50's Primetime dinner (definite, ate at HBD last time and wished we were eating here instead..!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner (almost certain, we both have no issue with the antics of here or 50s but just wondering if both in one week would be a bit much. The menu looks good though and i'd love to visit WL)
Le Cellier dinner (definite, couldn't fit it in last time)
Boma dinner (definite, ate their last time and it's Steve's favourite restaurant in the world... Not just the Disney one either!)
Ohana breakfast (almost, another one we couldn't fit in last time though Steve wants Boma instead... Hmm!)
Flying Fish Cafe dinner (almost certain, debating over this or Narcoosees... Any opinions?)

We plan to eat at Beaches and Cream aswell but will be doing this OOP. Obviously it can't be booked but as 2 adults we have no issue with waiting. Not planning on the kitchen sink but the no way jose looks amazing!

We plan to eat at Beaches and Cream aswell but will be doing this OOP. Obviously it can't be booked but as 2 adults we have no issue with waiting. Not planning on the kitchen sink but the no way jose looks amazing!

DH and I LOVED the sundaes from here!

5f693e57.jpg
we created our own, but we could have easily eaten all of the ones on the menu and more! :love:

You have done well with all that you have booked :thumbsup2.
We loved O Hanas for brekkie :thumbsup2.x.

Bit of a change: We've now decided against the last 2 nights in St Petersburg and will be staying 9 nights at CSR instead of 7 and we'll now be in a water view room instead of a standard. Main reasons being it's a bit of trek back to the airport (close to 2 hours and i'm a worrier!) and also I think i'd be gutted to leave WDW before our holiday ended and see the signs for it on our way back (Steve isn't so convinced about that one but 2 nights extra Disney dining was enough incentive for him anyway!) We still plan to drive to the beach one day, probably just somewhere in the middle of our 9 nights to have a chilled day :) Think I need to modify my ticker! ;) I'm thinking Boma breakfast and maybe Coral Reef for our 2 extra TS credits but not 100% yet.

OK I have to update! I've been throwing around and rejecting various ideas for our MNSSHP costumes but last night I came up with 'the one' ;) We're going to be Charlie Brown and Lucy from Peanuts :goodvibes I can easily make the blue dress and i'll hopefully be able to find some saddle shoes on eBay or somewhere and I can make Steve a shirt to wear with some black shorts. Thinking of getting Snoopy and Woodstock plushes as accessories, though they might be a pain to carry round... Decisions decisions! :upsidedow

I've also booked this tour for New York, mmm pizza!!
http://www.scottspizzatours.com/p/tourdescriptions/w/byfoot/

Also, since we never got the chance to go on a whale watching cruise in Monterey last year i've decided to book one for Cape Cod, just deciding on which company at the moment :)

great pre trip report, i too would love to go to New york. Always wanted to go there.
:goodvibes

Great plans so far!!! Sounds an AWESOME trip!!

Jack (my fiance) will be very jealous of you visiting that comic store! He is a HUGE comic fan, and loved all the comic book stores in LA!

Maybe we'll see you there! ;)

With about a month to go until I can make my ADRs these are the choices so far:

50's Primetime dinner (definite, ate at HBD last time and wished we were eating here instead..!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner (almost certain, we both have no issue with the antics of here or 50s but just wondering if both in one week would be a bit much. The menu looks good though and i'd love to visit WL)

Whispering Canyon is a good choice and we love the food there - but be aware they have toned everything down quite a lot due to some complaints (at least thats what our server told us last time we were there and disappointed that it was quieter than we remember)
This was back in Feb though - so if someone has been recently they may have something to add.

Whispering Canyon is a good choice and we love the food there - but be aware they have toned everything down quite a lot due to some complaints (at least thats what our server told us last time we were there and disappointed that it was quieter than we remember)
This was back in Feb though - so if someone has been recently they may have something to add.
Yes i've read something about that too, bit of a shame really as there are loads of other places people can eat at in WDW if they prefer a less 'full on' meal. I've already told Steve to ask for a LARGE soda so hopefully our server takes the bait! ;)

In other news i've done a bit of rejigging with my ADRs and the revised list is:
-50's Primetime dinner
-Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
-Le Cellier dinner (or lunch if need be)
-Boma dinner
-Boma breakfast
-Flying Fish Cafe dinner
-Ohana dinner (new addition replacing Coral Reef! I was previously put off by the meat-centric menu as there was very little Steve could have but since the amazing Chef TJ from Boma has now moved there things have apparently changed: Just been reading some dining reports of people with vegetarian/vegan diets and allergies having multi-course meals specially made for them so it's now become a must do! This guy had 2 vegan meals by Chef TJ at Ohana and both sounded fabulous: http://vegansatori.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html)
-Now that we have dinner planned at Ohana i'm rethinking eating there for breakfast, considering Kona Cafe and 1900 Park Fare instead... Any opinions? :) I'd quite like to keep it as a character breakfast but the tonga toast is swaying me, hmm!

Yes i've read something about that too, bit of a shame really as there are loads of other places people can eat at in WDW if they prefer a less 'full on' meal. I've already told Steve to ask for a LARGE soda so hopefully our server takes the bait! ;)

This was exactly the scenario that caused to ask questions in the first place. When we went last year I ordered the large coke (diet of course) and it was brought to our table with some comments made to the whole restaraunt about making way if anyone sees me rushing to the bathroom.
We did the same again purely to try and capture it on video as it caught us by surprise last time, but it was just put on the table and the server left.
I hope they do bring the whole atmosphere back as I feel it lost a little something without it. You'll have to let us know how it goes :thumbsup2

Just made my ADRs and got everything I wanted and at the times I wanted or very close to so i'm happy not to mention relieved! :goodvibes

Flying Fish Café dinner 535pm (wanted 600)
Whispering Canyon Café dinner 720pm (wanted 730)
Ohana breakfast 930am (changed from Kona Cafe as their times earlier/later than I wanted and I think I was having second thoughts about no character meals anyway!)
50s Primetime dinner 700pm
Boma dinner 535pm (wanted 630 but no later)
Ohana dinner 500pm (was worried I wouldn't get this as I wanted this exact time before MNSSHP so really pleased I got it)
Le Cellier lunch 140pm (wanted 130)
Boma breakfast 840am (wanted 900)

Hello

Just caught up on all your PRE TRIPPIE!

and all I can say is WOW! What a trip you have planned! Sounds amazing cant wait to hear more and see all your piccies for when you return :D

x x

All caught up :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.Great news that you got all the ADR's you wanted :goodvibes,make sure Steve asks for a STRAW with his LARGE soda :lmao:.
Can't wait to see some pics of your costumes-please share.x.

I love the costume idea :) You need to get some pics up once you've made them :thumbsup2

Have you decided about HHN yet?

The pizza tour sounds great - I managed to eat 5 pizzas in 4 days in Sardinia last week :)

And great work to get all of your ADRS, you and Steve are going to have such an amazing trip :)

I will post costume pics when i'm finished, hoping to get them done and dusted by the end of August :)

I love the costume idea :) You need to get some pics up once you've made them :thumbsup2

Have you decided about HHN yet?

The pizza tour sounds great - I managed to eat 5 pizzas in 4 days in Sardinia last week :)

And great work to get all of your ADRS, you and Steve are going to have such an amazing trip :)

Not yet Craig... The theme is a bit of a letdown for us so far (Saw is OK but Chucky? Wolfman?! Hmm!) I keep checking the website and the whole old movie theatre thing is growing on me a bit so I could well be convinced yet ;)
No-one ever believes Steve is veggie (because all vegetarians are skinny of course..!) until they find out how much he loves pizza so I think the tour will go down well :goodvibes

Been a while since I updated this :) I've had some time off work and am back in tomorrow, used the time to get some planning done and our to-do list is looking something like this:

DONE
-Bought HHN tickets (we decided to take the plunge in the end despite our reservations with the poorly updated website, I figure we have nothing to compare it to from experience and we'd definitely regret it if we didn't go!)
-Bought Boston Citypass (gets us into 6 attractions for the price of 2-3 and we plan to do 5 of these so it'll definitely pay for itself, can't wait to visit the science museum and aquarium in particular)
-Bought Empire State Building tickets with the audio tour
-Reserved 2 places on a whale watching cruise. Have to ring to confirm the day before it and pay on the day.
-Itinerary cards finished. For New York i've focused on trying to do stuff in the same area at the same time to reduce travel time and i've found a different vegetarian restaurant for every night we're there so Steve will be in for a treat! For Boston i've planned on 2 days in the city itself, one day in Salem, one day in Portland (Maine) and one day in Hyannis (Cape Cod) For WDW the basic idea most days is up early, early lunch then leave for a break soon after before going to another park for the afternoon/evening... There are some exceptions to this but I do want to include the middle of the day break most days as I know it benefits us later.
-Park 'assault' plans finished (though may add some Disney clipart to these) We're pretty much following TGM's sample touring plans most mornings which mean we can cover the popular rides and attractions efficiently, afternoons are free for other rides and general wandering/picture taking (Steve has been really getting into using his DSLR so i'm hoping for some amazing photos this year!)
-ADRs all made and subsequently tweaked so now i've banned myself from looking at the online ADR system, it's for my own good! :lmao:
-Designed LGMHs (just need to print and laminate em!)

TO DO
-Make MNSSHP costumes (definitely top of the list, pencilled in for this weekend!)
-Buy Boston Duck Tours tickets (can do this 30 days in advance so not until September)
-Print out anything that needs to be and laminate itinerary cards (I will absolutely be abusing my dad's company's office supplies and printer for this one! :laughing:)
-Arrange lift or taxi to and from the airport (bit nearer the time, my dad has taken us there and back in the past but our flight there is very early this time so I feel bad asking even though I know he'll offer anyway and won't accept any petrol money... He's far too good to us! :goodvibes)
-Confirm who is looking after our 5 hamsters (3 cages total so more than likely my parents will have 3 of the roborovskis and Steve's parents will have the syrian and the other robo unless my sister is willing to smuggle a cage into her uni halls ;))
-Anything else we need to buy to take with us? Possibly some toiletries but I think we're done, we both have plenty of clothes etc.
-Pack! (much as I would like to start this RIGHT NOW i'm restraining myself!)
-Anything else? I'm always open to more ideas of holiday things to obsess over :upsidedow

Also, i've worked out that we're visiting 7 US states this trip: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire (probably just passing through but i'm still counting it!), Maine and Florida.

Hi Lizzybear! :wave2:

Your trip sounds amazing and you're very organised! What a good girlfriend you are, finding Steve all those veggie restaurants in New York! I'm a vegetarian too so I know how difficult it can be. I'm sure he'll appreciate it!!

I really wish DBF and I could go to a HHN- we leave on the 25th though, when the first party is held! :sad2: Never mind, it just leaves something new to do in the future I guess. I've only heard good things about it so I'm sure you'll have fun!

SEVEN states by the way- wow!

Hi Lizzybear! :wave2:

Your trip sounds amazing and you're very organised! What a good girlfriend you are, finding Steve all those veggie restaurants in New York! I'm a vegetarian too so I know how difficult it can be. I'm sure he'll appreciate it!!

I really wish DBF and I could go to a HHN- we leave on the 25th though, when the first party is held! :sad2: Never mind, it just leaves something new to do in the future I guess. I've only heard good things about it so I'm sure you'll have fun!

SEVEN states by the way- wow!

Thanks :goodvibes Steve normally manages to eat well in US restaurants even if there's only the one option on the menu but it's nice for him to be able to choose from everything on there sometimes :) The exact same thing happened to us with HHN in 2007, I think it's one reason I decided we'd go or it this year as I don't know if/when we'll visit in October again (I have my sights set on December next time ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter