East Coast Antics aka We're not doing Disney this year... Yeah right!!

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! Just wanted to let you know if you have any questions about Boston feel free to ask me! I grew up in Boston so I know a little about the city and New England! :cutie:

I love the itinerary for your trip! That's more than I've even traveled he eastern seaboard! The drive we'll make in November from Nashville, TN to the World will be about 13 hours itself, and we're going to split those days in two so as not to endure the wrath of our toddlers...

I love the itinerary for your trip! That's more than I've even traveled he eastern seaboard! The drive we'll make in November from Nashville, TN to the World will be about 13 hours itself, and we're going to split those days in two so as not to endure the wrath of our toddlers...

Two days definitely sounds better than doing it all in one go! I'm considering Tennessee for a future vacation, my bf is dying to visit the Gibson factory and I want to visit Dollywood and Graceland :) I love road trips but it'll be nice to have someone to share the driving with, hopefully by next year's vacation!

My friend who lives in Bedfordshire comes to Tennessee just about once (sometimes twice!) a year. She gets such a kick out of the Southern way of life, and it's a blast to see it through her eyes.

I never realized how much cheese we put on everything. lol

There's a place called the Gibson Showcase at Opry Mills Mall near the Opryland hotel with a one-room shop for showing how the guitars are made. You can catch live music there and grab a bite to eat as well. (My husband's played a few shows there, back in his wannabe-rock-n-roller hayday!) Dollywood is just about a four hour drive; after this Disney World trip that one would be easy as pie! Graceland is even shorter, only 3 or 3 1/2 hours. Lots to see and do for sure!

My friend who lives in Bedfordshire comes to Tennessee just about once (sometimes twice!) a year. She gets such a kick out of the Southern way of life, and it's a blast to see it through her eyes.

I never realized how much cheese we put on everything. lol

There's a place called the Gibson Showcase at Opry Mills Mall near the Opryland hotel with a one-room shop for showing how the guitars are made. You can catch live music there and grab a bite to eat as well. (My husband's played a few shows there, back in his wannabe-rock-n-roller hayday!) Dollywood is just about a four hour drive; after this Disney World trip that one would be easy as pie! Graceland is even shorter, only 3 or 3 1/2 hours. Lots to see and do for sure!

Sounds awesome! I wish we could visit the US more than once a year as I don't know how i'll ever manage to visit all the places there that I want to (and still find time to revisit WDW and DLR! ;)) I'm already dying to plan next year's trip :rolleyes1 I often find myself underestimating the distances between places though... I seriously considered driving from Boston to WDW until I realised it was 20 hours with no stops, bit much to do on my own :eek:

Sounds awesome! I wish we could visit the US more than once a year as I don't know how i'll ever manage to visit all the places there that I want to (and still find time to revisit WDW and DLR! ;)) I'm already dying to plan next year's trip :rolleyes1 I often find myself underestimating the distances between places though... I seriously considered driving from Boston to WDW until I realised it was 20 hours with no stops, bit much to do on my own :eek:

Yeah, 20 hours is a bit much even for us! ;) I've got to get over there to visit sometime. I keep promising to do so, but... :rolleyes1

So, with TEN DAYS TO GO (!!! :cool1:) my to do list is looking something like this...

-Make MNSSHP costumes
(Almost done! Just finishing my Lucy dress, I can tell I haven't been sewing much lately as it's taken me way longer than it should have... Steve's Charlie Brown shirt is done :))
-Buy Boston Duck Tours tickets
(Decided to buy these on the day as they add on $3 per ticket to buy in advance and they apparently never sell out)
-Print out anything that needs to be and laminate itinerary cards
(Done and done, I must say my LGMH's are looking pretty spiffy... Say hi if you spot me ;))
-Arrange lift or taxi to and from the airport
(Sorting this out at the weekend, if none of the men at my dad's work want to do it for cash we'll book a taxi... They all live in Liverpool like me and Steve so it's an easier trip than my dad would have to make from Cheshire to Liverpool then Manchester!)
-Confirm who is looking after our 5 hamsters
(My dad will be coming to our flat to do this, not much of a hardship for him really as he only works 5 minutes away... I still plan to phone and remind him though :rolleyes1)
-Anything else we need to buy to take with us?
(I realised last night I don't have enough shorts so I bought a couple of cheap pairs on eBay which should arrive shortly, also did a surprisingly expensive toiletry shop in Boots a few weeks ago!)
-Pack!
(Everything is in the case but not actually packed properly, I have to say it was blimmin hard work packing for 2 climates and I can see me doing some very creative layering in New York and Boston! :laughing: It took me several days to narrow down my clothes, but of course Steve did his in an hour last night! :rolleyes:)

I officially have 7 1/2 (1/2 because I work Saturday mornings) working days left and Steve has 5 (he works 4 long days a week and has next wednesday off, lucky!!) :yay: Work has been crazy busy and life in general has been a bit pear-shaped lately for both us us... We're soo ready to go on holiday now!! :goodvibes

Sounds like you are on top of things - what with laminated itinerary cards and all that :goodvibes

Happy packing :thumbsup2

Oooohhhh not long to go now :banana: :dance3:,i am sure you have remembered but don't forget things like-sanitizer spray,wipes,paracetamol,i know you can get things like that out there but i prefer to go with them already in hand :thumbsup2.
Can't wait to see the outfits :woohoo:.x.

Well with 2 days to go this is me right now: :yay:
-MNSSHP costumes are finally made!
-I'm annoyed that Disney had to go and mess up my laminated itinerary cards by adding extra Fantasmics, but also pleased because they've added extra Fantasmics..! ;)
-I need to clean the bathroom and hoover tonight then the pre-holiday cleaning will be DONE :goodvibes
-My dad has offered to take us to and from the airport which saves us £60 in taxi fare, never a bad thing!
-Kevin Smith is doing a book signing in Barnes & Noble in New York on 1st October at 7pm, wowowow! This is only the man who's films played a huge part in shaping my teen years and who i'm a huge fan of, so you better believe i'll be like Wayne and Garth meeting Alice Cooper in Wayne's World :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter