Early entry (among other things) returning to resort hotels!

Struggling to think of too many restaurants where this perk would even be necessary.

Storytellers, Goofy's, Napa Rose and... that's it?
Big one for me is Trader Sam's. BIG. Especially as we're staying at the DLH this visit. I'd also love a reservation at Craftsman Bar & Grill during their live music. We grabbed bar seats a couple of times our last stay at GCH but, not ideal. If we can get 2x TS and 2x CB&G during our 4-night stay my girls, myself and our tummies will be very, very happy!

Also really excited about purchases being delivered to our rooms. Just a really nice little thing that'll make us feel special and, will let us buy-as-we-go instead of waiting until the end of the last day to get things to avoid carrying them around.

Sounds like that, in effect, will be gone forever. Will RD still exist? Sure. Will there be any reason to do it? Not really.
If you're rope dropping Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Galaxy's Edge, it still would exist. You're losing Fantasyland and Space Mountain but I'd argue Space Mountain would still be worth rope dropping even with hotel guests there. How many people are we really talking about anyhow? I don't remember Magic Mornings really affecting what we could do at rope drop when that existed.

If you're rope dropping Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Galaxy's Edge, it still would exist. You're losing Fantasyland and Space Mountain but I'd argue Space Mountain would still be worth rope dropping even with hotel guests there. How many people are we really talking about anyhow? I don't remember Magic Mornings really affecting what we could do at rope drop when that existed.
There are currently about 2500 rooms at DLR (DLH. GCH & PP). I can't recall if that includes VGC or not. Even if we round up to 3000, with an average of 4 people per room, you're looking at no more than 12,000 people spread across 2 parks.

Right. And how many of those are going to wake up every morning to take advantage of the offer? I can't remember the old system making a huge impact on rope drop but that was almost 3 years ago.

For those wondering, the EMH at Disneyland vs MM at DCA was massively different. The mornings at DCA where only hotel guests could come in had like 10-minute lines for everything, at the busiest. The mornings at DL were quite busy - it felt exactly like a normal rope drop crowd, if not more because so many people were using their "one day of early morning" so they had to take advantage of it. It was a much more stressful feeling on the DL side and much more crowded.

On the one hand, bringing this back makes sense, like good grief Disney's Hotels have had almost no real benefits at DL recently, hotels across harbor are closer walking distance lol. But on the other hand, I've been really thankful for the 5 or 6 days I've been able to rope drop and just straight up go on rise of the resistance as one of the first 10-20 people in line, same for space mountain, just because I was willing to line up early. Now even if I line up perfectly I can't get on Rise or Space without a minimum 15-20 minute line in the morning. Seems minor but rope drop was my one reason I haven't gotten super emotional about Genie and Lightning lane - at least I can rope drop efficiently. Now rope drop will be very neutered and I'm actually tempted on a splurge trip sometime to stay in an onsite hotel.

No spending? No real option for the minimal wait. "Not that much spending" - yeah you can minimize the wait. Big spending? Have 30 minutes of free reign. And fork over a bit more if you still want the Genie because our $500/night hotel room can't include our service that costs us almost nothing per person that buys it. I understand they want to make money, but I'm a college student and I'm working dozens of hours a week on top of a way bigger than normal course load to try and graduate debt free - a 1 day ticket is a massive splurge for me, let alone hotels and all that.

I've enjoyed the last 12-18 months of the status quo as somebody who doesn't spend on the onsite hotels, so I'm glad everyone is excited about this, but I'm mostly sad, though it does make sense. And the day I can stay in an onsite hotel, just watch, I'll be going ham during those morning hours.

The other reason that I'm not very excited about this (and to be fair, this reason applies to probably me and about 20 other people) is that I have been planning a run where I try to ride every ride in both parks in a day. Now in order to do that, I basically have to book an onsite hotel for the night, I can't just show up early. Will I eventually do it? Yes for sure, it's been a dream of mine for a solid 10 years now, it just means I'll have to wait until I can afford a hotel room and re-trying the challenge if one ride breaks down and crushes my whole run will require another hotel room. First world problems man XD

Overall, no matter of its 30 minutes or 1 hour, its not worth the minimum 1700.00 difference for our trip.

It would be a Family suite at a good neighbor hotel downgraded to a regular room with a day bed in the DL??? Which STARTS at 540.00 a night Without Genie plus OR park hoppers? Nah, you can keep that “perk” of 30 minutes for certain rides.

Honestly, if they really want the DL hotels to be competative again, add FREE Genie, PLUS magic morning AND evening hours AND 1 free ILL then it might be worth it…

DL hotels are really nothing to rave about either. It a bubble thing, and if you got the cash to spare for the bubble , and its worth the difference in price have at it.

Its not like WDW where the resorts have closer access, or crazy good theming and environments, Even there, the price of the hotels is barely justifiable for that anymore…..

We have 7 nights book at DLH. We are excited about the 30 minutes and it being either park.

I already said it, but I think the one thing that would be a really great perk would be length of stay dinning reservations. I'm going to have to wake up early 8 days in row come august when we start hitting our 60 days..

To me, 30 minutes of early entry is just another slap in the face (among many others). It's such a tiny crumb that it's almost insulting.
Now it is available at both parks every day.

In the past it was an hour, but it was only in one park on alternating days. Back then people complained about that. You might like the old system better than the new system, but at least it’s not a downgrade in every way.

We have 7 nights book at DLH. We are excited about the 30 minutes and it being either park.

I already said it, but I think the one thing that would be a really great perk would be length of stay dinning reservations. I'm going to have to wake up early 8 days in row come august when we start hitting our 60 days..
I mean we're talking about the Disneyland ADR system that already is ridiculously inconsistent to begin with. You might make the system shutdown completely if you push for having your entire trip be bookable.

To me, 30 minutes of early entry is just another slap in the face (among many others). It's such a tiny crumb that it's almost insulting.
I agree. I guess 30 minutes is better than nothing but that's only time for a couple of rides.

It would be neat if they had hotel-guests-only evening hours at DCA or something, since it closes earlier anyway.

I just had a light bulb moment..

Disneyland's announcement about early entry specifically mentions shopping. They list shops on the "what's available page."

WDW doesn't do this. (Shops might be open during early entry, they just don't make a deal of saying it specifically."

Idk.. but could one read between the lines that Guest of Disney hotels at Disneyland might have a heads up on new merch releases.

Glad for everyone who is staying onsite, we chose a goodneighbor hotel due to their not being any real perks to the onsites…

How will this affect rope drop for us peasents?

ROTR and all the other major rides will already have long lines then?
I too was wondering this!!! I had my whole strategy planned for peasant rope drop! Fingers crossed someone can report back :)

It does make it easier to get them though each day - you aren't competing with people who had 9 and 10 day stays and already had first dibs on your dates. Given how much more scarce dining res are, it probably makes it easier to get the res you want :). At least tell yourself that when you set your alarm every day!

It does make it easier to get them though each day - you aren't competing with people who had 9 and 10 day stays and already had first dibs on your dates. Given how much more scarce dining res are, it probably makes it easier to get the res you want :). At least tell yourself that when you set your alarm every day!
Agree, waking at 6am only to find that you didn't even get a chance at your reservations because they were all taken 3 days before would be maddening. At least this way everyone is on even field.

If I was a Disney hotel guests I would rather have the option to book my LLs without the need to scan into the park first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter