• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early entry (among other things) returning to resort hotels!

We have 5 full days with genie +..3 at DLP and 2 at DCA.

I think our first day at DLP our strategy will be to hit fantasy land and non genie+ hard with early entry and the first hour the park is open- start making our genie +. I'm trying to time our time in galaxy's edge for after an early lunch with rise, smugglers, droids and sabers..

DCA first day will be web slinger.. but then maybe the non genie + on the list..

Gonna suck if they all can get ILL before the rest of us.

Thats happening at WDW right now and if your an offsite guest, your out of luck.
It may not be as bad as you think.

At WDW, onsite guests can start booking at 7 am, regardless of the opening time of the park. Off site guests can't start until park opening, so on site guests have a 1-2 hour head start. At DL, onsite guests will only have a 30 minute head start since you can't purchase ILL until you've scanned in, and onsite guests will only be able to scan in 30 minutes before everyone else.

Not to mention, there are more than 36,000 rooms at WDW. There are only around 2500 at DL, so waaaaaay fewer people will be able to buy early!

If I’m staying at PP and my goal is to ride Webslingers first, am I better off heading to the main entrance instead of using the new walkway? I’m not too familiar with the park layouts for DL/CA.

If I’m staying at PP and my goal is to ride Webslingers first, am I better off heading to the main entrance instead of using the new walkway? I’m not too familiar with the park layouts for DL/CA.
You are better off to use the main entrance. Rope Drop is right before Avengers Campus. The PP entrance is near Corn Dog Castle.

Just a random thought, trying to compare the uptake of this latest offering to the before-times.

Back when early entry at Disneyland Park was for both onsite guests and multi-day ticket guests, what do you all think the proportion of multi day ticket vs on site guests was?

Would it have been a fairly even split or weighted much more heavily one way or the other?
Interesting question. There's not really any way to know, but the multi-day tickets were only good for MM at DL, not EMH at DCA. So I guess if you think about EMH vs MM, did one seem significantly more crowded than the other? I guess that would be hard to tell also, since DCA has fewer attractions...but EE/MM was confined to two lands, so...

All that to say I have no idea, but maybe someone can gauge by comparing DCA EMH crowds to DL MM crowds.

I'm excited that early entry is back. We will be there the first week it returns and I am interested to see what crowd distribution will look like with only having part of Fantasyland (no Peter Pan) and Tomorrowland open.

I think a good portion will head to Space Mountain and Tomorrowland, another good portion will use the early entry to be at the front of the line for the 2nd rope drop for Rise of the Resistance, and a smaller portion heading to Fantasyland (though some may use the advantage to line up for Peter Pan).

I love the Preferred Dine Access for DLR Hotel guests (Hotel table service restaurants). I've always thought they should have a perk like that. Excited to see when it's launched.
Couldn't agree more. Personally, to me this is extremely important and should be adopted by all Disney Hotels for its hotel guests. There is nothing more maddening than booking a hotel stay that is offering dining amenities and then being told there are no reservations for you during your stay.

Last year, my family stayed at BC/YC at WDW and we were able to snag the Holy Grail of Beaches and Cream for a 2:45 p.m. lunch. Not ideal timing but we had no other choice during our stay. In August, my family has booked a stay at DLH and my DW was able to find an odd timed lunch at Trader Sam's and I feel like we were extremely fortunate to get that reservation. Again, I just wish that folks who book a hotel can get first dibs (not exclusive rights) to table service dining at the hotel they booked. It seems only fair that the hotel guests get first crack at enjoying the amenities.

I am looking forward to learning more about the preferred dinning access. We have 7 days at DLH and we want to do trader Sams, Goofy's kitchen and storytellers during our stay.
My memory is a bit fuzzy but the way I think it used to work is you would call the main dining line, give them your hotel reservation details, and they would check for openings. Sometimes they could get you a res and sometimes they couldn’t. With the dining line gone maybe it will move online.

I would guess your best bet is to still try on your own and then try to use the perk for anything you can’t get the usual way.

My memory is a bit fuzzy but the way I think it used to work is you would call the main dining line, give them your hotel reservation details, and they would check for openings. Sometimes they could get you a res and sometimes they couldn’t. With the dining line gone maybe it will move online.

I would guess your best bet is to still try on your own and then try to use the perk for anything you can’t get the usual way.
I agree!

I really read this preferred dining access perk wrong. Anyone else? I read it initially as a dining perk for ALL dining, help with ADRs resort wide. Now I’m re reading it and seeing it as “select hotel table service”

Hmmmmm.

Attachments

• 1882D590-D090-4301-88CF-7C7774946652.jpeg
    1882D590-D090-4301-88CF-7C7774946652.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 19
Couldn't agree more. Personally, to me this is extremely important and should be adopted by all Disney Hotels for its hotel guests. There is nothing more maddening than booking a hotel stay that is offering dining amenities and then being told there are no reservations for you during your stay.
First trip to WDW staying at Poly and all my wife wants is a reservation at Ohana. But we were doing a split stay Boardwalk/Poly so no real 60+ day stay advantage. So wake up super early online and ready at 3:00 AM and...no shot at all of getting a reservation. She really complained that guests of the hotel should have some kind of access to thier hotel's dining options. So this will be welcome news indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter