Early Check-In ?

ericaseiler

Mouseketeer
We are renting points at BLT at the end of January.
I have set-up a room request through Touring Plans that will be faxed in 5 days before arrival. I have done this before, sometimes requests are honored, sometimes they aren't- I know there is no guarantee. I am normally not a fan of early check-in but for our Jan trip, I was thinking of doing it as we have a fireworks cruise booked and I would love to be able to get into our room before 4pm so that DD can get a little nap in before the late night ahead.
In your experiences, have you found your room to be ready earlier if you did the online early check in?
Do you find/think that early check-in prevents the chance of a request being honored?

Thank you!!

We were there in February and when making the reservation we requested connecting rooms. During online check in we put our arrival time at 11 AM (around there, dont remember exact time), and requested close to transportation at All Star Sports. When we got to the resort, one rooms was ready, and we were close to the main building (room was right behind the preferred). We did have to wait a little bit (a couple hours) for the second connecting room to open, but we got everything we wanted.

DVC rooms often have later check-in times because they have larger units (longer to clean) and higher occupancy %. Plus since there is not daily mousekeeping they are not staffed to clean every villa every day, (some days have higher workloads than others)

It's possible that a DVC room is available earlier, but it depends on when people leave your assigned room and cleaning schedules.

If you are renting DVC points your requests need to go through member services. You need to contact who you rented the points through and ask them to add this request.. while not useful to you DVC does have online check in and one of the requests which will be the only request if chosen will be early check in. I can not answer if or if not a fax will be totally ignored by DVC but as I understand it and have always done as a DVC owner...all requests need to be made by emailing member services, added to your reservation via the online system or calling member services and lastly by online check in... none of these can be done by you.

I have had luck doing the online check in and have my room ready when we would arrive there around 11-noon. Most of the time it has not been an issue. The only time it did not happen was our last trip when we stayed at BLT in a one bedroom. Our room was not ready til after 4:30. We are staying there again in October so hopefully it was just a one off for us that trip.

We own at BCV
Our Villa is seldom ready early. They tend to run at about 98% capacity and with an 11 AM checkout, it takes time to clean and prepare the Villas.
If it is important to you make it your only request and do online check in and check the box for early arrival.

We own at BCV
Our Villa is seldom ready early. They tend to run at about 98% capacity and with an 11 AM checkout, it takes time to clean and prepare the Villas.
If it is important to you make it your only request and do online check in and check the box for early arrival.

But be aware that even that does not guarantee it.

In the past DVC has instructed members that they do not accept faxes. Your check in time for DVC resorts is after 4PM. That could mean 4:01PM or 5:30PM or 6:00PM. It just depends on how many villas need to be cleaned for incoming guests. I would not count on getting your villa early and, instead, finding a spot where your daughter can sleep, like on the second floor of the Contemporary outside the meeting rooms.

I know DVC rooms usually aren't ready early, but we stayed at BWV's for Thanksgiving and our room was ready at 11Am.

We stay in a 2-bedroom villa at BLT every 6 months and the earliest our unit has ever been ready has been 3:30. I also do online check-in and let them know that we'll be arriving early as our flight always lands at MCO at 8:55 am.

Do you find/think that early check-in prevents the chance of a request being honored?

Doing online checkin, you request early OR you request specifics. (Or neither)

Since it all goes through the same room assigners I'm sure it's the same deal.

We are renting points at BLT at the end of January.

I have set-up a room request through Touring Plans that will be faxed in 5 days before arrival.

Those two things make no sense together unless TP is the one that is renting the reservation to you.

I know DVC rooms usually aren't ready early, but we stayed at BWV's for Thanksgiving and our room was ready at 11Am.

No doubt because the room was empty from the night before. Can't anticipate that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!