DVC ressie with no tickets

That is my debacle too. Do I wait and hope dates don't fill and get a bit of savings, or do I just book through Disney, knowing its done.
I know I'm in the mind to just get our tickets, get our reservations and move on. Tired of worrying about it.
That's how I am feeling as well, but savings is always a lure!
I know. In my case with a Mousesaver discount my guess is I could be looking at around $250. I’m sandwiched between the January run and MLK weekends. I’ll probably look at UT in the morning and if they don’t have them book via Disney (I’ll kick myself if I don’t at least look.)

I know. In my case with a Mousesaver discount my guess is I could be looking at around $250. I’m sandwiched between the January run and MLK weekends. I’ll probably look at UT in the morning and if they don’t have them book via Disney (I’ll kick myself if I don’t at least look.)

Right there with you! Same time and same debacle! I am also only buying base tickets and then will upgrade if park hopping is allowed. Another reason why I would like that savings!

Anyone have a “guess” at what time the online tickets will be available on June 28?

We don’t have tickets for our Thanksgiving 2020 DVC stay and have made peace with it for now. But really hope we get tickets for my 50th birthday celebration at DVC for January 2021.

Anyone have a “guess” at what time the online tickets will be available on June 28?

We don’t have tickets for our Thanksgiving 2020 DVC stay and have made peace with it for now. But really hope we get tickets for my 50th birthday celebration at DVC for January 2021.

Not positive but am hearing it should be around 7 am EST...but the other day, they didn’t start package booking online until between 8 and 10 am

So I just did a chat with a CM and asked how we go about buying our tickets tomorrow. He said to go to the Theme Park tickets area of their website where it says Parks and Tickets. Or call 407-939-7679. He said once the tickets are linked we would go through MDE to make the park reservations. I asked him what time they should go on sale and he didn't know but he said the phone lines open at 7A.M. and he would try then.
Does anyone know exactly how the park reservation part works once you have bought and linked your tickets? Do we go under Disney resort guests?

Last edited:
Does anyone know exactly how the park reservation part works once you have bought and linked your tickets?
I already had an active AP (extended to April, 2021), so I've done it for our January, 2021 stay. Very easy.

I just logged into my MDE account (from my web browser, not the app) and clicked on the VIEW AVAILABILITY button at the end of the Important Message. From there the process is self explanatory and is pretty much the same as making FP+ reservations.

I already had an active AP (extended to April, 2021), so I've done it for our January, 2021 stay. Very easy.

I just logged into my MDE account (from my web browser, not the app) and clicked on the VIEW AVAILABILITY button at the end of the Important Message. From there the process is self explanatory and is pretty much the same as making FP+ reservations.
When I click on park availability it shows a calendar and then above it there are 3 options. Did you have to click on the one for AP? I'm wondering if I would click on the Disney resort guests one.

When I click on park availability it shows a calendar and then above it there are 3 options. Did you have to click on the one for AP?
No. Sounds like process may have changed a bit since I reserved or maybe you & I initially accessed from different places or maybe it's different when you don't have tickets linked yet. I know you can see availability without actually having tickets. MDE knows I have an AP.

First thing I had to do was create my party, then I picked a date and then the park. I didn't notice any options at the top of the calendar when I did it.

I did it through MDE. Went to my plans and tickets and clicked on where it says view availability. There it took me to the other screen where it gives the three options.

On the website, click on My Disney Experience (on right for me) and drop down to the Park Pass link, where Fast Pass+ used to be.

On the website, click on My Disney Experience (on right for me) and drop down to the Park Pass link, where Fast Pass+ used to be.
Thank you. That helps. I wanna be as prepared as possible. Especially since I'm gonna be thrown in with everyone else wanting to buy tickets tomorrow even though they don't have a resort reservation.

Still looks like there are reservations available for resort guests when we will be there in January so I'm hoping there will be plenty of them for us.

Does anyone know exactly how the park reservation part works once you have bought and linked your tickets? Do we go under Disney resort guests?
Several folks have answered the first question. But I have not seen a direct answer to the second question. Since we have seen the AP availability is more limited than the resort guest availability, ticket only availability can't be assumed to be be the same as resort guest and/or AP. If ticket only guest availability is worse than resort guest availability, has anyone confirmed an existing DVC reservation coupled with a newly acquired ticket will get resort guest availability. I would think they should, but I just want to see if anyone has "confirmed" this with a CM.

Several folks have answered the first question. But I have not seen a direct answer to the second question. Since we have seen the AP availability is more limited than the resort guest availability, ticket only availability can't be assumed to be be the same as resort guest and/or AP. If ticket only guest availability is worse than resort guest availability, has anyone confirmed an existing DVC reservation coupled with a newly acquired ticket will get resort guest availability. I would think they should, but I just want to see if anyone has "confirmed" this with a CM.
I have not heard anything but I'm trying to do a chat with a CM right now to find out.

Ok honestly that wasn't all that helpful. It seems like they haven't really given the CM's all that much info. She said If you have a resort ressie you would have access to seeing the resort reservation availability for park reservations. You could also look at the availability for guests without a reservation too. Then I asked her about the available reservations and she said she didn't have that information. This whole thing though is clear as mud lol

Well I have my alarm set so I'm up by 4 A.M. again to see if I can get those tickets and reservations. Good luck to anyone else trying to get theirs tomorrow.

facebook twitter