DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

I'd like to point out that the biggest pushback from members has always been against resale restrictions. Both the requirements for the blue card and the new Riviera restrictions.
And yet, they backtracked on the point charts. Twice. There were two active threads for the 2020 charts and one, even less active, for this one. There might be just a few hundreds people aware of the point charts shenanigans.
My conclusion is not that they rolled back because of far of bad PR, but because they are uncertain of the legal ground of their decisions.
If I'm right, it would mean the DVCMC is engaging in illegal activities against the membership.

They absolutely are engaging in illegal activities against the membership. I have been floored by how brazen they have been. Part of me has just tried to shelve it because it is so disturbing. Disregard for the law and what is right by people in power seems to be a trend in our culture and is very frightening. Almost every one in my family and extended family is an attorney. All kinds of law, some in business, and 2 work for multinational corporations. They have looked at it. But regardless, if you just read the contract yourself, it is clear. You don’t need an attorney to see it.

Just out of curiosity, I checked both the current and past point requirement for the room we plan on booking in 2022. For 2017, the points required for an October visit was 529. Same room and same time in 2021 was 566. In the latest version for 2022, the same room is 608. Nobody can convince me that Disney isn’t pulling some shenanigans with their points charts. Big thanks to everybody that is questioning their practices.

Just out of curiosity, I checked both the current and past point requirement for the room we plan on booking in 2022. For 2017, the points required for an October visit was 529. Same room and same time in 2021 was 566. In the latest version for 2022, the same room is 608. Nobody can convince me that Disney isn’t pulling some shenanigans with their points charts. Big thanks to everybody that is questioning their practices.
Definitely something funky is happening. Supposedly, they are lowering points from the time periods when no one wants to visit and adding those points to the time periods people want to visit. I get the idea, but simply lowering the points required to stay in September (for example) isn't going to make people want to go in September. Especially if you CAN'T go in September because of school. And all that doesn't explain the fact that over 50,000 points were added to the yearly point chart, something that is expressly prohibited in the terms of membership.

Off topic I know. I have no problem with September. And I am sure there are others like me who shop for lower point seasons. Granted, I’m from South Louisiana and the weather in Orlando is about the same as home so I’m used to it.
Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing the revised charts as I have a September 2022 trip already planned.

I have been following this thread for a couple of months while in my process of buying resale, but could not do anything since I was not a member yet but I just became a DVC member this week. Would it still help emailing them about this?
Yes, add to the pressure. The changes haven't been announced yet officially.

The power of Disney most concerning :
A negative news release will be overcome by a flow of announcements to entice us to look elsewhere.

BUT the power of DVC Vacation Club and the cash resort pricing just keeps escalating as if they are in a race to be the winner of our pocketbooks.

Yes, add to the pressure. The changes haven't been announced yet officially.

We’re new resale owners as of September last year. How can I contact DVC about this? Is it best to just call member services, or should is there an email I should use? Both?

I shared this thread on some of the DVC Facebook groups I’m in. The more members we can make aware, the better!

We’re new resale owners as of September last year. How can I contact DVC about this? Is it best to just call member services, or should is there an email I should use? Both?

I shared this thread on some of the DVC Facebook groups I’m in. The more members we can make aware, the better!

I just emailed using the email on the DVC page listed as comments or maybe concerns. We went back and forth a couple of times then someone called me. It was a somewhat confrontational exchange as she tried to feed me the same old line.

Wow I mentioned this issued on a Disney DVC facebook group and they are think we are wrong and I am just a silly newbie.... bah.
Yeah, without also posting the math/analysis demonstrating that the viewpoint comes from very sound reasoning, I can see why some folks might offhand discount an FYI/heads-up post. (The analyses here have not been about belief, nor opinion, but fact-figures based reasoning.) Their dismissal shows what newbies they are to the comprehensive adjustments over time regarding point requirement/ management.

It's important to add, however, where this thread and DVCManagement (till just recently) existed in the land of belief and opinion, was whether the management was justified and allowed to conduct the point chart requirements in the way they have. The figures themselves were not at odds, if I understood all the conversation recaps correctly, the allowability was.

Thank you very much for calling attention to this on other media platforms. The more people doing the analysis to double check proper stewardship, the more we are closer to an "Owner Advisory Board" as Zavandor recommended, regardless of official designation.

Off topic I know. I have no problem with September. And I am sure there are others like me who shop for lower point seasons. Granted, I’m from South Louisiana and the weather in Orlando is about the same as home so I’m used to it.
Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing the revised charts as I have a September 2022 trip already planned.
I'm with you. Our first BIG family trip is being planned for Sept. 2022. Anxious for the updated points to come out

Wow I mentioned this issued on a Disney DVC facebook group and they are think we are wrong and I am just a silly newbie.... bah.

Yeah, those FB groups can be brutal. I remember the first time that Disney adjusted the point charts back, a lot of people thought the people here on DIS were "troublemakers." One person was speaking out on DIS' behalf and they treated him like he didn't know how to point charts worked. I mean we all love the Mouse - that's why we're on this board. But they seemed like they drank that kool aid day and night.

Ok - While I read 38 pages, who wants to give me some CliffNotes?
Check out Drusba's posts. Drusba repeatedly summarizes the most salient points about why the point charts needs to be addressed. Zavandor is another good resource, especially in the prior point chart reallocation thread. (In fact, if you find this thread of interest, you should definitely acquaint yourself with the back ground to the prior point chart retraction.) The point of view by DVC is nicely summarized by many of the DISers here who had direct conversation.

Unfortunately, a lot of the detailed analysis (with spreadsheets) have been removed from this thread by the owner of those posts. While the loss is impactful to back up claims with figures, there are other posters here that are helpful in their reasoned approach. Some do offer a little bit of the facts & figures.

You can do 38 pages, I believe in you!!

Alright - I'm caught up!

First off - To everyone who has done so much research and digging into this topic, thank you! Some of the things here are just mind-blowing and amazing.

We will cover this on The DVC Show and in an article on DVC Fan this week and put some legs behind it. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the facts (and 7 pages of notes I've compiled).

My question to everyone here is: What would you like to be shared with the masses of DVC Members out there? What do you think is most important for them to hear regarding this?

Alright - I'm caught up!

First off - To everyone who has done so much research and digging into this topic, thank you! Some of the things here are just mind-blowing and amazing.

We will cover this on The DVC Show and in an article on DVC Fan this week and put some legs behind it. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the facts (and 7 pages of notes I've compiled).

My question to everyone here is: What would you like to be shared with the masses of DVC Members out there? What do you think is most important for them to hear regarding this?
Thank you for taking the time to catch up and share this more broadly. For me personally I think it’s important to note value/impact members can have when they take time to dive in and vet the charts and really would thank those in this forum who educated us on the issue. I also think it’s important to specifically call out there have been issues with point inflation which had to be walked back 2 out of the last 3 years. I don’t want to imply anything overly sinister but I think it’s important to highlight this so members continue to be viigilant in future (at least until we see changes to indicate we don’t need to be).

I would ad that DVCMC employees gave conflicting information to different members in emails and phone conversations.
Alright - I'm caught up!

Paul, I’m so glad you’re looking into how to highlight this. It seems like a huge deal that is being made light of outside of this thread. The perception, even among people who know DVC well (in other groups, not DVC Fan), seems to be that there are checks and balances in place that prevents DVC from trying to pull the wool over our eyes. There aren’t. There is no one out there advocating for us except us. I’m grateful to everyone who worked hard to uncover this... again... and now it’s time to spread the information around so EVERYONE can participate in keeping DVC honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter