DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

I find it slightly disconcerting that they will have had to rescind 2 points charts in what, 3 years? Obviously there is a disconnect somewhere. I think it is a lack of knowledge rather than something nefarious, but that is just my impression and to be honest it isn't any more comforting.

Thats not a lack of knowledge, its either a lack of competence or negligence as its there in plain English for them to read just like it is for us.

I find it slightly disconcerting that they will have had to rescind 2 points charts in what, 3 years? Obviously there is a disconnect somewhere. I think it is a lack of knowledge rather than something nefarious, but that is just my impression and to be honest it isn't any more comforting.
I think the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me" pertains in this situation.

Glad a lot of Disboarders and other people are holding DVC managment to task of this point chart issue.

We all remember a kinder friendlier Disney and we’d like to treat them as such, that said Disney has morphed into the poster child for everything thats wrong with american business management. Now we need to treat them like the phone or cable company.

when i spoke to our long term DVC guide about selling because the product changed radically and he basically there is nothing i can do but that i’d be amazed at the number of similar calls he’d had talked to the retention people they wanted to give me a few FP’s as if that would fix the issues we’d had with the unit. After that it aint worth the pain and money.

That's great news!
Disboards DVC Board 2 - 0 DVCMC !!!!

I don't think it is acceptable that the DVCMC continues to look for loopholes and tricks that end with additional profit for the Disney Corporation. That's the second point chart that has to be rolled back in 3 years because of the analysis made on an Internet board. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I think we should push the DVCMC to create an Advisory Board where Customer Member Representatives voted by members would sit. They would review any change proposed by the DVCMC and raise any concerns coming from the community. That's how my home energy provider works and I think it would be the only way to restore trust between members and the DVCMC.

I think if it was just a lack of knowledge some of these “mistakes” would go our way. But I do think there is an extent to which the people at the top do not understand the details. But— simultaneously it is the people at the top who have created a working environment that encourages disregard for the rules. Sad all around.

That's great news!

I don't think it is acceptable that the DVCMC continues to look for loopholes and tricks that end with additional profit for the Disney Corporation. That's the second point chart that has to be rolled back in 3 years because of the analysis made on an Internet board. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I think we should push the DVCMC to create an Advisory Board where Customer Member Representatives voted by members would sit. They would review any change proposed by the DVCMC and raise any concerns coming from the community. That's how my home energy provider works and I think it would be the only way to restore trust between members and the DVCMC.
That is a really good idea. Having some sort of members' advisory board would make a lot of sense. It would allow DVC to bounce ideas/changes off the advisory board to make sure those changes are legit and don't violate any rules (at least violations as perceived in the eyes of members). Any perceived "violations" by the advisory board could be vetted before the changes are announced. That would show a lot of goodwill on the part of DVC.

That's great news!

Well honestly, I was contemplating exploring the process to submit a complaint to a Florida regulator. I appreciate our boards, but it was looking like nothing was going to push forward a commonly accepted point of view without arbitration. (Yes, even then, individuals may not agree, but I am speaking to institutional interpretation/action.) Thank you to all who contacted DVC regarding their concerns.

If the organization committed to fiduciary stewardship then we wouldn't need an advisory council, but whether it was willfull or inadvertent, the chart actions were clearly not in the best financial interests of owners, but for the management company. That isn't to say there was wholesale misfeasance, I am reminded about the allowance to move some expired points into a future year. Any advisory council is going to need a method to also manage conflicts of interest, as well as demonstrated commitment to diversity. Owner advisory board is a compelling idea; I'm glad it's from one our our "Notorious 24."

(Kidding/sorta not) Maybe most of the owners at "Unit 4B" need to find each other and vote for our own representative on the board. (Maybe you and Drusba happen to own at "Unit 4B" :jester: ?)

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback! That is great news. It is worrying that members had to fight this hard for DVC to correct something they messed up. One positive from all of this is that, hopefully, DVC sees they can't just change things without DVC owners catching it. There are way too many smart owners who see what is being done and don't accept the BS reasoning being provided by DVC.
I just caught up on this thread. I’m very thankful for the smart, eagle-eyed owners who catch these issues! Thanks to everyone for advocating on this!

I think if it was just a lack of knowledge some of these “mistakes” would go our way. But I do think there is an extent to which the people at the top do not understand the details. But— simultaneously it is the people at the top who have created a working environment that encourages disregard for the rules. Sad all around.

Tye people at the top know exactly what they are doing, they figure they are now invincible based on the fact ‘the little people’ cant sue them.

My father always said not to blame something on bad faith when it could be explained with incompetence. At least that's what I was going with several months ago.
That is a great saying.

While I can only speculate on what might have went on while creating the charts I could never say for certain so I won't.

Either way I really do appreciate they listened to members who expressed their concerns.

My father always said not to blame something on bad faith when it could be explained with incompetence. At least that's what I was going with several months ago.

My grandmother always used to say never attribute something to malice, when incompetence is an adequate explanation. I find this still to be true EXCEPT when dealing with modern corporate america and it's wholly owned subsidiary 'Big Government' then the explanation is usually 'With malice aforethought'.

And this needs to somehow be brought up at the annual meeting when the 2 people get up to talk. Even if it is incompetence, why is incompetence at this level allowed to still be employed as our managers?

And this needs to somehow be brought up at the annual meeting when the 2 people get up to talk. Even if it is incompetence, why is incompetence at this level allowed to still be employed as our managers?

I'm sure those 2 people are selected and vetted before they are allowed to speak. The questions are most likely submitted in advance as well. Nothing like holding all of the cards but that's what we agreed to 😏.

I'd like to point out that the biggest pushback from members has always been against resale restrictions. Both the requirements for the blue card and the new Riviera restrictions.
And yet, they backtracked on the point charts. Twice. There were two active threads for the 2020 charts and one, even less active, for this one. There might be just a few hundreds people aware of the point charts shenanigans.
My conclusion is not that they rolled back because of far of bad PR, but because they are uncertain of the legal ground of their decisions.
If I'm right, it would mean the DVCMC is engaging in illegal activities against the membership.

i
I'd like to point out that the biggest pushback from members has always been against resale restrictions. Both the requirements for the blue card and the new Riviera restrictions.
And yet, they backtracked on the point charts. Twice. There were two active threads for the 2020 charts and one, even less active, for this one. There might be just a few hundreds people aware of the point charts shenanigans.
My conclusion is not that they rolled back because of far of bad PR, but because they are uncertain of the legal ground of their decisions.
If I'm right, it would mean the DVCMC is engaging in illegal activities against the membership.
I feel the same way. They aren’t rolling back points charts - which must be a very big undertaking - out of the goodness of their hearts. I think someone has advised them that they are on shaky grounds with this.

I have been following this thread for a couple of months while in my process of buying resale, but could not do anything since I was not a member yet but I just became a DVC member this week. Would it still help emailing them about this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter