DVC Occupancy Thread Part 2

With four adults, I wouldn't get a BLT studio. They are really small and more than two adults would be pushing it. OKW studio would probably work better because the room is larger and there are two queen beds. No sleeper sofas. And the bathroom is pretty large, too.
Thanks, small doesn't worry is as long as there are 2 beds. We won't spend a great deal of time In the room, but will still be staying deluce for location. OKW is not a contender for us. EPCOT or MK area only (DH told me that we HAVE to stay where we stayed last time (YC) because we will be spending nights at the world showcase eating and drinking)
I think the DVC idea is out the window now that we know that only the 2 bedroom suites have 2 actual beds. That wouldn't end up being cost effective. If it (BCV/BWI/BLTwas conparable in price to a regular room at YC, then we might consider it, purely for the fact that we could shower and get dressed in private, but that's not a deal breaker for us.
We would barely use the kitchen (maybe a quick breakfast at most) but the washer/dryer would be a bonus, but then, I happily used the resort one last time I was there.

Thanks, small doesn't worry is as long as there are 2 beds. We won't spend a great deal of time In the room, but will still be staying deluce for location. OKW is not a contender for us. EPCOT or MK area only (DH told me that we HAVE to stay where we stayed last time (YC) because we will be spending nights at the world showcase eating and drinking)
I think the DVC idea is out the window now that we know that only the 2 bedroom suites have 2 actual beds. That wouldn't end up being cost effective. If it (BCV/BWI/BLTwas conparable in price to a regular room at YC, then we might consider it, purely for the fact that we could shower and get dressed in private, but that's not a deal breaker for us.
We would barely use the kitchen (maybe a quick breakfast at most) but the washer/dryer would be a bonus, but then, I happily used the resort one last time I was there.
DVC doesn't work for everyone. The only studio at WDW with 2 real beds is OKW, none of the 1 BR villas have 2 beds. However, I'd suggest that a 2 BR would likely not be that much more compared to deluxe's. Plus you lock in the cost to a degree and there is no tax (currently) for most DVC timeshares and even if a bed tax crept in, it'd be far less than the 12% WDW tax almost guaranteed. Plus you avoid any extra charge for additional adults. This thought applies to rentals to a degree but even more so to buying.

DVC doesn't work for everyone. The only studio at WDW with 2 real beds is OKW, none of the 1 BR villas have 2 beds. However, I'd suggest that a 2 BR would likely not be that much more compared to deluxe's. Plus you lock in the cost to a degree and there is no tax (currently) for most DVC timeshares and even if a bed tax crept in, it'd be far less than the 12% WDW tax almost guaranteed. Plus you avoid any extra charge for additional adults. This thought applies to rentals to a degree but even more so to buying.
Yeah and that's where I'll have to weigh it up when we are ready to book. Once I add in the $50 extra a night for the 2 extra adults in a room etc.
And weigh that up with lack of daily mouse keeping but being able to maybe make a bagel or something for breakfast most mornings (will be doing Cape May one day for sure) then discuss with traveling partners etc.
It's not totally out of the question, but was loving the idea of getting a DVC studio for $1,712 for 7 nights!!

Most of the studios have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. Some have the bunk sized, smaller than twin, murphy bed (some are being installed now, but renovations won't be completed for several months). Like Dean said, only OKW has two real beds (both queen sized).

Most of the studios have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. Some have the bunk sized, smaller than twin, murphy bed (some are being installed now, but renovations won't be completed for several months). Like Dean said, only OKW has two real beds (both queen sized).
Thanks but like I said, OKW isn't an option for us and regardless of the pull out size, we want two actual beds so studio and 1 bedroom DVC are out, only the 2 bedrooms have 2 beds but it does seem like a waste of space, however, we will price it out when 2016 rates are released

Ok I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on this thread... Lol. But a question for those who know away more than me concerning Dvc :-)

Would they allow 5 plus a child age 4 in a 1 bedroom that states occupancy 5? I can provide my own bedding for the extra child. Just don't really want to get a 2bedroom if I don't need to. TIA!

Ok I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on this thread... Lol. But a question for those who know away more than me concerning Dvc :-)

Would they allow 5 plus a child age 4 in a 1 bedroom that states occupancy 5? I can provide my own bedding for the extra child. Just don't really want to get a 2bedroom if I don't need to. TIA!
No. You are a family of six, not five plus one. The four yr old counts towards occupancy. You need a two bedroom villa. Once a child hits the age of three, the child counts towards occupancy. And if you have multiple children under the age of three, only one does not count. The others do.

Any updates on the studio occupancy at bcv and bwv? I know how many feel about the 5 occupancy issue, but just want to know .

Any updates on the studio occupancy at bcv and bwv? I know how many feel about the 5 occupancy issue, but just want to know .
There's really no place for the 5th person at BWV. When the resort first open, there ware some studios designated as studio +,these were the dedicated studios. There was a small deacon bench instead of the connecting door, whiuch could be used for a small child...but the designation was discontinued because it could not be guaranteed. And the deacon would not work for anyone that was very old. It was more like a place for a suitcase. Generally a room designated as "Sleeps 5" will mean there is sleeping accommodations for 5 adult sized people, most studios just don't have the room. It is often a very uncomfortable tight squeeze for 4 plus an infant.

The renovation at BWV and BCV will include the murphy bed in the studios. So they will sleep five. But currently when you look on the member site, they still show as sleeping four.

But I would never try to put five full sized people (or four full sized people for that matter) into a studio. Except maybe OKW where four people might be okay for a few nights.

What is the occupancy for a 1 bedroom at SSR? Most sites say 4, but some add that a 5th is allowed, though no linens provided. We have 2 adults, 3 kids all over 3. We are fine bringing an air mattress and linens. Is this allowed? I should add, we are trying to book thru RCI.

Last edited:
What is the occupancy for a 1 bedroom at SSR? Most sites say 4, but some add that a 5th is allowed, though no linens provided. We have 2 adults, 3 kids all over 3. We are fine bringing an air mattress and linens. Is this allowed? I should add, we are trying to book thru RCI.
officially it's 4 and that's all RCI will commit to. Some timeshares will be more strict with RCI than direct stays but DVC generally isn't one of them. While there's no way to guarantee 5 will be allowed, I'm confident they will be. Just make the reservation and then give DVC the 5 names and I suspect all will be fine.

Thank you! And just wanted to update that there was no problem when I called DVC for the 5 of us for SSR 1 bedroom.

Does SSR allow 5 (3 adults, 2 children ages 8 and 4) and one infant in a one bedroom unit? I fully understand that we need to bring bedding for the 5th person.

Does SSR allow 5 (3 adults, 2 children ages 8 and 4) and one infant in a one bedroom unit? I fully understand that we need to bring bedding for the 5th person.
For the one bedrooms that officially sleep four, you can add a fifth person, but not a sixth person. SSR officially only has beds for four in the one bedroom villa. So you are limited to four plus one more of any age. But not five plus one under the age of three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter