DVC Membership Cards & Google Pay?

I wrote a rather lengthy email to DVC expressing my frustration with the whole phone required nonsense to get a discount, and provided examples of how difficult it is for CM's to process it, how my wife and I (both of us tech savvy) experienced problems with setting it up, and the mess their IT guys made of the roll out, and got back a form letter that included the following (the only part applicable to my original email):

It is disheartening to learn you are not pleased with certain elements of your Disney Vacation Club Membership, the new process for receiving discounts. Your feedback is very important to us, and we truly appreciate that you took the time to send us your comments. It is through feedback, like yours, that we learn what we must do to ensure the Disney magic is preserved for everyone. Please know your feedback is being shared with the Leaders.

I received a response to the inquiry I sent through the website. It basically says the same thing the above post does. In part is states:

I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointment with the new release of Disney Vacation Club information added to the digital wallet. We pride ourselves on continuously maintaining our company's reputation for providing outstanding Guest service, and we are continually evaluating the our different aspects of our operation to make it magical for everyone.

As we continue to evolve, we always keep in mind what is best for all of our Members to create a seamless and magical experience throughout their visits. Please know, I have personally shared your correspondence with the appropriate Leadership teams for further internal review so we can continue to provide the magic for all of our future Members.

So nothing helpful for sure.

I wrote a rather lengthy email to DVC expressing my frustration with the whole phone required nonsense to get a discount, and provided examples of how difficult it is for CM's to process it, how my wife and I (both of us tech savvy) experienced problems with setting it up, and the mess their IT guys made of the roll out, and got back a form letter that included the following (the only part applicable to my original email):

It is disheartening to learn you are not pleased with certain elements of your Disney Vacation Club Membership, the new process for receiving discounts. Your feedback is very important to us, and we truly appreciate that you took the time to send us your comments. It is through feedback, like yours, that we learn what we must do to ensure the Disney magic is preserved for everyone. Please know your feedback is being shared with the Leaders.

I received a response to the inquiry I sent through the website. It basically says the same thing the above post does. In part is states:

I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointment with the new release of Disney Vacation Club information added to the digital wallet. We pride ourselves on continuously maintaining our company's reputation for providing outstanding Guest service, and we are continually evaluating the our different aspects of our operation to make it magical for everyone.

As we continue to evolve, we always keep in mind what is best for all of our Members to create a seamless and magical experience throughout their visits. Please know, I have personally shared your correspondence with the appropriate Leadership teams for further internal review so we can continue to provide the magic for all of our future Members.

So nothing helpful for sure.
That's essentially what I received when I emailed them about the issue of smart phones being required to access member benefits. We can only hope that if they keep receiving the same message over and over from more members, they'll listen and at minimum allow some sort of blue card printout to suffice, even if they don't issue physical cards again. The important thing is for members to let them know of their displeasure and disappointment!

I agree requiring a 3rd party app and smartphone is wrong.

If they are going to go this way they should include Samsung Pay and whatever new digital wallets come out. Like others, I avoid using Google Pay. Why not an app like KeyRing that keeps loyalty cards?

facebook twitter