DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

Woo hoo! How was the event at the wine bar?
Fun and delicious!
There were no presentations as such unless at the end. We left at 7. It was mix and mingle with many executives and other members. There were between 75 -100 members, I think.
The new head was there, but we never did shake her hand, we really connect with a family from PA, maybe Warminster. That was a lot of fun, sharing life and DVC stories.

I am truly sorry we did not meet the Disnoarderd at TOTW. That’s why we left the other event early. We did ask groups up there, but somehow missed the real group.

Fun and delicious!
There were no presentations as such unless at the end. We left at 7. It was mix and mingle with many executives and other members. There were between 75 -100 members, I think.
The new head was there, but we never did shake her hand, we really connect with a family from PA, maybe Warminster. That was a lot of fun, sharing life and DVC stories.

I am truly sorry we did not meet the Disnoarderd at TOTW. That’s why we left the other event early. We did ask groups up there, but somehow missed the real group.
Never a bad time when you mix and mingle with DVC people. Sorry again about missing out on last night. I should have known with our dinner reservation being so late that we couldn’t pull it off but hope springs eternal. I hope you’ve had a relaxing morning. I‘ve been vegging out on our balcony since it’s so much cooler than it’s been but the geyser is erupting which means it’s time to go inside to catch the DCL bus. See you on board!

Never a bad time when you mix and mingle with DVC people. Sorry again about missing out on last night. I should have known with our dinner reservation being so late that we couldn’t pull it off but hope springs eternal. I hope you’ve had a relaxing morning. I‘ve been vegging out on our balcony since it’s so much cooler than it’s been but the geyser is erupting which means it’s time to go inside to catch the DCL bus. See you on board!
We were relaxing st Jambo watching the ostriches strut by! Hope to meet you on board!

They needed 2 buses at CCV to get us all aboard. So excited to get to port and start this cruise!

What a great cruise!!

:boat::boat::boat:

Who woke up in the storm last night?? Nature’s fireworks!

Thank everyone in the Candy Exchange!!! We have wonderful new snacks and candies to try... well we have already enjoyed Texas offerings, yummy!

Also so many creative ways to hand out the gifts! Thank you for those!

We had a wonderful breakfast meet. I loved the one on one time with Disboard friends. I hope everyone made it to the presentations, we did, and it was worth it! Watching how they put together Zootopia was fun to see...UP, too!

Safe travels everyone!

Bobbi and Tom

Congrats!
Thanks!

And did anyone figure out that the duffles extend to hold the umbrellas? Someone showed me this morning. I was very confused as to how to get those home. But one side of that duffle unzips and extends, in case anyone like me was clueless.

Thanks!

And did anyone figure out that the duffles extend to hold the umbrellas? Someone showed me this morning. I was very confused as to how to get those home. But one side of that duffle unzips and extends, in case anyone like me was clueless.
Great tip! We missed that!

How about those small wraps with Velcro. What are you using it for? Tom had put them around the umbrellas to hold th together. If there’s a better use, please share.

Great tip! We missed that!

How about those small wraps with Velcro. What are you using it for? Tom had put them around the umbrellas to hold th together. If there’s a better use, please share.
The little ones that came with the towels? They loop in the towel to make a cape.

Wow, what a cruise! Sorry we didn’t get to meet more of you, but Bobbi, so glad I tracked you down! And tidefan, I don’t think we ever saw you after the first day, despite both being 7 S Aft! I did see your DD one evening in the elevator — she looked like she made a lot of friends!!

My DH says he’d love to do another beach cruise, but only a member cruise!! He’s so spoiled! DVC, schedule another MC for when the kids are out of school, pleeeeeeeaaase!!!!

Question:

Did anyone else feel as though maybe DVC put too much during this itinerary? I guess I am comparing it to the 2015 Alaska MC, which was a 7-night. On that cruise, I felt like we had enough time to both enjoy the “extras” as well as enjoy what a typical Alaska cruise would offer.

In contrast, this itinerary being only 4 nights with 2 CC days and 1 sea day seemed to fly by and you had to pick and choose what to do.

I did run both CC 5k’s (so hot and humid, but worth it!) and we spent almost all day on the island. I would have liked to have done the backpack activity, but I think it was completed by the time the 5k was over.

On our sea day, we had our 10am Palo Brunch (free b/c Platinum), I had a 2pm mixology (which was great and lasted til about 3:45), and then went to the Adventures by Disney presentation at 4:45 (unfortunately, we did not win the free trip...), then the show, then dinner, then the late movie. We didn’t have any time to do any of the special stuff they had. Just seemed like the 7-night spaced things out much better...

That being said, we had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter