DVC members cruise -Disney Wish.. how to book?

This seems interesting! Anyone have any idea how many points this 3 night cruise might be for those that have done member cruises before? I understand not a “member cruise” but just wondering in advance of point chart release. Nice time of year, non hurricane season😎

This seems interesting! Anyone have any idea how many points this 3 night cruise might be for those that have done member cruises before? I understand not a “member cruise” but just wondering in advance of point chart release. Nice time of year, non hurricane season😎
This is not going to be a MC point chart. This is going to be more costly because it is so close to the maiden voyage.

I would have loved to sail on this, but only if they allowed us to use cash. We have blue card and all our points are direct, but there's absolutely no way we'll have enough points for one person's fare. With the borrowing restrictions, I'd be surprised if they fill up this ship.

So can someone kindly clarify.. is this a regular sailing giving members a chance to book along with non DVC travelers? Better phrased, is this cruise just for DVC members and their guests? TIA!😆

So can someone kindly clarify.. is this a regular sailing giving members a chance to book along with non DVC travelers? Better phrased, is this cruise just for DVC members and their guests? TIA!😆

Yes. What is less clear is whether it will have the swag and special features that a members' cruise typically does.

Yes. What is less clear is whether it will have the swag and special features that a members' cruise typically does.

That isn’t correct. This is a DVC member cruise, not a regular cruise.

Based on the date, northern schools are still in session.. southern schools are out by Memorial Day.. with that that being said, i bet that there are many pre schoolers and not as many school aged kids as a summer or a school holiday sailing would be.

This is a member-exclusive cruise, but it is not a Member Cruise.

Weird distinction, but there you go. Only DVC members can book, and at least one member must use points. But unlike a MC, gratuities aren't included, and pricing is still in question. (Will it be a set fare like on MC, or will it use the demand scale pricing of a typical DCL sailing?)

I would expect some special merch around it being first season of the Wish. Hard to say if it will be comp merch or available for purchase.

For those who have use points for a cruise, do you know the rules?

for example, if the cruise requires 300 points and I have 200 available in my current UY,

a) could I borrow from next UY?
b) could I transfer (purchase) the 100 points from other member? Do those 100 points have to come from a direct contract only?
c) could I transfer the 100 points from other contract under my name but resale?

thanks

For those who have use points for a cruise, do you know the rules?

for example, if the cruise requires 300 points and I have 200 available in my current UY,

a) could I borrow from next UY?
b) could I transfer (purchase) the 100 points from other member? Do those 100 points have to come from a direct contract only?
c) could I transfer the 100 points from other contract under my name but resale?

thanks

You are allowed to borrow to book the cruise. Not sure how the 50% rule plays into this. The points that you would need to have in your account via transfer have to be ones eligible for booking cruises. That means direct points or points bought resale prior to 2012. You'd have to ask an owner about that.

Any points owned that were purchased resale after 2012 are not eligible for cruises so moving them makes no difference. Points have to be the right kind. It doesn't matter if someone owns some qualified. For example, I currently have 300 SSR and 175 RIV. Only my RIV can be used since the SSR points were bought resale in 2017 which makes them ineligible for the Disney Collection

You are allowed to borrow to book the cruise. Not sure how the 50% rule plays into this. The points that you would need to have in your account via transfer have to be ones eligible for booking cruises. That means direct points or points bought resale prior to 2012. You'd have to ask an owner about that.

Any points owned that were purchased resale after 2012 are not eligible for cruises so moving them makes no difference. Points have to be the right kind. It doesn't matter if someone owns some qualified. For example, I currently have 300 SSR and 175 RIV. Only my RIV can be used since the SSR points were bought resale in 2017 which makes them ineligible for the Disney Collection
Thanks! I badly want to go into the maiden voyage but having the dvc option is good :)

This has the tiered booking too right? First day platinum 25+ Cruises, second day 20+ and so on right? We are only Silver so way down on the totem pole. It doesn’t seem likely we’d get in... but we are considering trying.

This has the tiered booking too right? First day platinum 25+ Cruises, second day 20+ and so on right? We are only Silver so way down on the totem pole. It doesn’t seem likely we’d get in... but we are considering trying.
From my understanding no, that their is for the maiden voyage and normal wish sailings. Any DVC member can call to book the member cruise on its opening day by calling member services. I could be mistaken though

Based on the date, northern schools are still in session.. southern schools are out by Memorial Day.. with that that being said, i bet that there are many pre schoolers and not as many school aged kids as a summer or a school holiday sailing would be.
This is why they've done July a couple of years. If you put a DVC cruise in August (like the last Alaska one that ended up getting cancelled), it will be the opposite and you won't have kids from the South because we all go back in early August...

facebook twitter