DVC member discounts??

DisneyFamily06

Earning My Ears
Had some friends ask me about DVC member discounts at the parks. I mentioned APs, 25% cash resort reservation discounts but got stuck. What am I missing? We usually do the DDP because we have three kids who LOVE character meals and princesses. Is their a DVC member discount at restraunts?

Had some friends ask me about DVC member discounts at the parks. I mentioned APs, 25% cash resort reservation discounts but got stuck. What am I missing? We usually do the DDP because we have three kids who LOVE character meals and princesses. Is their a DVC member discount at restraunts?

Restaurant discounts are usually limited in number and time of day (normally lunch time). I don't remember any for character meals.

The 25% cash reservation is only for DVC resorts. AP and Public discounts are sometimes higher than that, especially for SSR and OKW.

Only at a few.
Here is a 2010 list I found
http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

We are waiting to hear from Disney if they will accept an offer we made on a BLT resale. I am super excited especially considering we just started thinking about resale last week and we already found a seller/contract we like.

Could anyone tell me all the discounts you can get with a DVC membership card, so I can start planning? Also can you use your membership card at anytime? For example we already have a trip booked for March 2012 and we will not be staying as DVC members. IF we get our membership cards before our trip, can we use them for this trip even though we are staying at POR.

Any advice on DVC membership perks would be greatly appreciated.:confused3

We are waiting to hear from Disney if they will accept an offer we made on a BLT resale. I am super excited especially considering we just started thinking about resale last week and we already found a seller/contract we like.

Could anyone tell me all the discounts you can get with a DVC membership card, so I can start planning? Also can you use your membership card at anytime? For example we already have a trip booked for March 2012 and we will not be staying as DVC members. IF we get our membership cards before our trip, can we use them for this trip even though we are staying at POR.

Any advice on DVC membership perks would be greatly appreciated.:confused3

One perk you can't use if you are not staying on points is pool hopping. You must be staying on a DVC reservation through MS at a DVC resort to pool hop (as long as it isn't blacked out for holidays).

You can use the shopping, entertainment discounts anytime. They are similar to AP discounts, but sometimes AP discounts are better.

Aside from the parks, we received a 35% DVC discount on La Nouba on Wednesday night. It is the same discount as the AP, except the AP only allowed for 4 tix...the DVC discount allowed for 6 tix. Great show, and the DVC discount was greatly appreciated.

There are also some merchandise discounts. Occasionally there are unannounced discounts. During one of our trips a CM told us about this. They are not automatic. These were only provided when the CM was asked about them. On one of our trips we were given both the AP and DVC discount on merchandise purchases. Always ask the CM.

10% at a bunch (most) of restaurants at DL - but not WDW.

There are usually DVC discounts at WDW, allmost all the restaurants at DVC resorts have discounts, not to mention most at DTD. There are even a few at the parks excluding MK. The list changes oftern so it is best to check DVC member website or Portable Perks at check in.

Isn't there a discount for DVC members to purchase the Tables in Wonderland discount card? Also, you get a discount on special event tickets like MVMCP or MVMCP.

Isn't there a discount for DVC members to purchase the Tables in Wonderland discount card? Also, you get a discount on special event tickets like MVMCP or MVMCP.

We don't know yet. There is a discount for AP holders, but nothing has been stated for DVC members yet.

There are also some merchandise discounts. Occasionally there are unannounced discounts. During one of our trips a CM told us about this. They are not automatic. These were only provided when the CM was asked about them. On one of our trips we were given both the AP and DVC discount on merchandise purchases. Always ask the CM.

So they let you get the 10% off for one then another 10% off on top of that? How did you find out you were able to do this?

So they let you get the 10% off for one then another 10% off on top of that? How did you find out you were able to do this?

I've never been able to stack discounts. Either one or the other.

Please keep the list of discounts coming

it changes from time to time. it's best to check the member site right before you go.

the big thing IMO to remember for wdw restaurants is that the primary purpose of the discount is to help fill up the restaurant - not to reward the DVC member - so expect to see a discount at marrakesh at epcot but not le cellier...

One thing I really like is the 20% dining discount at the Swan & Dolphin restaurants (with the exception of, I think, Shula's and bluezoo). We had meals at Fresh and at the Fountain and liked both places a lot.

Here's hoping we pass ROFQ and become DVC members in February, then I will be able to get on the website to see what discounts are available. We definately like the TIW option, when does that open up to DVC members? Thank you for all the discounts, keep the list coming if you think of anything else.

Yes. My DW is always asking about specials. This time a CM volunteered that there was an additional discount given only if the Guest asked about it at the time of purchase. This was during the holidays last year but not everyday during our visit. Both discounts were indicated on the receipt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter