DVC/Disney has lost the Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting on how you are attacking others in the same manner you are complaining about them attacking you. Disney gave in and are allowing you to get the pass that you feel your son is "entitled" to get without you being present. Shouldn't you be happy now?

How is your anger towards Disney better than what you call them being in the "honeymoon" period. Apparently you are burnt out and feel betrayed, why is that opinion more valid?

Totally agree with you Tisbit!! :thumbsup2

I am having a bit of trouble following this, but are you saying that the ADA and the agreement Disney reached with the DOJ prohibits Disney from requiring the physical presence of a person in connection with the issuance of theme park tickets?

If that is really the case, Disney violates this all the time. At the present time, the physical presence of each person is required to convert a GAD GADD voucher to a theme park ticket, i.e., parents cannot get the tickets for their children unless their children are physically present. Last year (and possibily this year) the physical presence of a person with appropriate military ID was requried to get the Military Salute tickets.

While I am sure that there may be some services that cannot be limited to only those physically present due to the ADA, since use of a ticket to a Theme Park requires physical presence at the Theme Park, requiring that presence to issue a theme park ticket appears to be perfectly legitimate.

-- Suzanne

As I said before, this is the Cliff Notes version. Many businesses affected by this law will try to develop gender, race, disability neutral policies/procedures to avoid non-compliance issues. This situation is, perhaps, is one of those. OCR/DOJ only monitors when there is a formal complaint.

Disney sacrifices nothing, they make decisions that benefit Disney

Well of course they do. (Hardly unique since all businesses made decisions that benefit themselves...and you made decisions that benefit you, I make decisions that benefit me, etc.)

Nevertheless Disney made a conscious decision to charge $414 to a DVC member for purchasing an Annual Pass and $520 for a non-Member AP.

As I understand it, Disney Vacation Development actually subsidizes the Annual Pass discount. Their motivation is sales of DVC points to new and existing members. It's an appealing benefit for those considering membership and encourages more trips, which in turn encourages point add-ons.

If "Disney" didn't care how many people were getting the $100 discount, they would just lower the price to $414 for all.

Step away from Disney and just sell.

It amazes me that anytime someone on these boards dares to be critical of DVC, That the replies come flying back SELL, LEAVE, MOVE ON, DVC is far from perfect but to some they cant accept any critical comments about it,
I'm not happy with aspects of DVC mainly the deep discounting by Disney of DVC resorts, while those of you in USA dont see some of the massive discounts given in the UK with free dining included, this really devalues our membership, as we can now book SSR our home resort for less than our yearly dues, what you get is bank rent your points, how long can you bank or rent for , before it comes totally poinless to own.

IMHO DVC should of told owners of stand alone DVC resorts that their resort would be sold in travel brochures if we had been made aware of this we either would of bought elsewhere or not at all, for all of you that think DVC is wonderfull good I'm pleased it is, it should of been for us but its not, and judgeing by the number of new resales on the Timeshare store update we get everyday its not for others either which is sad, for what ever reason so many are selling DVC is not what it could of been

One time someone on the DVC board (who no longer 'contributes' here) told me that I needed to sell my DVC membership because I didn't go into the parks on some of our trips. Funny part was that I didn't even ask if I should sell my membership. :confused3

Can you not add him to the DVC account so he will receive the memebers card?

You cannot get a blue DVC membership card unless you are named on the deed. If you are not, you can only be added as an associate and they don't get member cards. Adding someone to the deed involves a real estate transaction, with a closing.

Anyone family members living in the household can get a DVC AP (or however that's stated in the rules) but the purchaser has to show their blue membership card. (not withstanding all the information already contained in this thread - that's just my basic understanding of how it's supposed to work).

Well of course they do. (Hardly unique since all businesses made decisions that benefit themselves...and you made decisions that benefit you, I make decisions that benefit me, etc.)

Nevertheless Disney made a conscious decision to charge $414 to a DVC member for purchasing an Annual Pass and $520 for a non-Member AP.

As I understand it, Disney Vacation Development actually subsidizes the Annual Pass discount. Their motivation is sales of DVC points to new and existing members. It's an appealing benefit for those considering membership and encourages more trips, which in turn encourages point add-ons.

If "Disney" didn't care how many people were getting the $100 discount, they would just lower the price to $414 for all.

I didn't say they didn't care, i was pointing out they sacrifice nothing as you had said they do, it's a business decision not a sacrifice, two different things alltogether

It bothers me that so many are willing to accept DVC's short comings, and I am not necessarily referring to this one incident but many others and simply say walk away and sell.

It amazes me that anytime someone on these boards dares to be critical of DVC, That the replies come flying back SELL, LEAVE, MOVE ON...

While it isn't the most....thought-provoking suggestion, what other course of action would you both suggest? By the time you've eaten your 1000th rotten hamburger, it may be time to realize that you shouldn't be going to McDonald's anymore.

Same is true of Walt Disney World.

I can see both sides of the issue. While some are vocal in their displeasure over changes that have occurred through the years, others choose to just roll with the punches or simply haven't been visiting the parks long enough to know any different. For the latter group, THIS Disney is the only Disney they know.

Frankly it's equally rude to tell people "I've been going to WDW since 19xx...you just don't know any better...you should be upset about these issues, too."

Does the opinion of a Member who bought in 1995 matter more than someone who bought in 2005?

To those who are upset with decisions Disney and/or DVC have made in recent years, what actions have you taken?

I didn't say they didn't care, i was pointing out they sacrifice nothing as you had said they do, it's a business decision not a sacrifice, two different things alltogether

Sacrifice: to surrender or give up, or permit injury or disadvantage to, for the sake of something else.

Disney gives up (sacrifices) the $100 in AP revenue in hopes of earning additional revenues elsewhere.

Since the OP has already resolved the initial complaint with MS and has reported the outcome, it's apparent that the "discussion" has ventured well beyond the original topic and continued to do so in spite of a warning by a board moderator.

Thanks for participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter