DVC Blue Card benfits!?!

I don’t feel badly about it because when making a purchase the CMs ask “Are you a Disney Vacation Club member?” I am, so I say yes. They either give me the discount or ask to see my card - which I show white - and then give it to me.
I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. Never once has a CM asked me if I'm a DVC member or given me the discount (that I had to ask for) without showing both my blue card, and my photo I.D.

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. Never once has a CM asked me if I'm a DVC member or given me the discount (that I had to ask for) without showing both my blue card, and my photo I.D.
In 20+ years, never once showed a photo ID for any discount (AP or DVC) ever, on either coast. The appropriate card? Yes. ID? No.

95% of the time I'm asked if I have any discounts. Never asked if I am specifically DVC though, but they will often ask if I'm an AP holder.

Wow, I must be the Rodney Dangerfield of DVC members.
Never asked specifically if I'm a DVC member, In Florida, it's usually "Are you an annual pass holder?" or "Do you have any discounts?". In California, it's almost always "Are you an annual pass holder?". Likely because there are far fewer DVC members in the parks, versus AP's. They aren't going to ask each guest if they are entitled to all the various discounts, that's way too time-consuming.

You have AP discounts, CM discounts, DVC discounts, Club 33 discounts, D23 discounts, Disney Visa discounts...

Really? Nearly every time they ask me “Are you a DVC member or Annual Pass Holder?” If they don’t ask I don’t bring it up.
I usually only buy merch at the resorts though, maybe they are used to asking there since a large chunk of people staying are on DVC?

I always have to show both. Once I had my license on a screenshot and the CM would not accept it. I had to go back later with both actual cards to purchase my items
Weird. I have absolutely never shown my ID to anyone (aside from hotel check in). I almost never show my actual blue card, just the digital version on my phone.

Thank you. I feel better knowing it isn't just me. :)
We've had a mix. We've been asked to see it at times, but most times we are not. Since they can ask and it's not worth the hassle, the id is almost always with me! I figure if I have the id with me, they won't ask. If I don't have it, they will....!

Maybe we should start a new thread called "DVC White Card Benefits?!?" and compare the benefits...

You are not alone...Even when I lived in FL & went very often to all parks & resorts, I was never offered a discount without asking & many times needed to provide ID with AP or DVC proof. :confused3

I didn't know that the DVC golf discounts were only for blue card members, not all DVC members. DH is a big golfer, he golfs virtually every day we're at WDW. Currently we're blue card, so always got the discount. However, we only have 100 direct points, and if DVC ups the minimum for blue cards and doesn't grandfather existing blue card members, we'd lose that discount. DH would definitely be unhappy.

We became DVC members to stabilize the room costs at the deluxe room level. However I do not think you can undersell the access to the Sorcerer AP. My non-DVC BIL was going to purchase an AP for himself and it was close to the cost of our two Sorcerer APs. He decided the AP discounts weren't worth it (IMO, he's wrong).

for dining sites that give the blue card discount, i've gotten it by ordering through the mobile app (it automatically applies even though i'm a white card member only).

So i guess that is the one perk i've had in being a white card member LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!