DVC and Free Dining

Dani's First Time

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm considering booking a DVC rental through David's. It would be my first time going this route but the savings in lodging costs look to be huge! I know I pay in advance once he secures the points.

Here is my question - if free dining offers come out, can I qualify or only if I book the Villa through Disney reservations?

This makes the math a little trickier - do I save the money on lodging or go with free dining?

Hmmm . . . I just want to go to Disney!!

Thanks,
Dani

Nope, no free dining on a DVC points reservation. All of those promotions come from Disney, to entice people to book resort room inventory that they own.

When you rent points, you're using someone's timeshare. The division of Disney that offers free dining doesn't get any money from points reservations, so there's no reason for them to offer it in that situation.

Free dining is only if you book directly through WDW so if you rent DVD points it is not available.

And, as you may already know, renting DVC points is usually non-refundable. So if you go that route, you won't be able to get a refund and book through Disney if it offers free dining later on.

The trade-off is you'll get a room for cheap enough that you can probably pay for dining plan and it will still be cheaper than your Disney resort room with "free" dining.

There is no free dining at DVC. However, DVC members do not pay the seasonal uptick on the dining package prices. Also, depending on what size accomodations you get, you may not need the dining package because with a one bedroom, you will have a full kitchen, making it easy to have meals in the unit.

DVC points stays are already discounted. "free" dining usually requires booking a room at full rack rates.

Dani's First Time said:
Hi all,

I'm considering booking a DVC rental through David's. It would be my first time going this route but the savings in lodging costs look to be huge! I know I pay in advance once he secures the points.

Here is my question - if free dining offers come out, can I qualify or only if I book the Villa through Disney reservations?

This makes the math a little trickier - do I save the money on lodging or go with free dining?

Hmmm . . . I just want to go to Disney!!

Thanks,
Dani

Saving with lodging is always a better deal

Have you looked into renting directly from the owners at mouse owners, they usually charge $10-$11 a point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter