DVC Add On credit card purchase question

I think there might be some confusion here. The My Chase Plan no fee promotion is when you create a plan during your 0% APR promotional period after opening a card. Normally the first 15-18 months. Not your first plan. If your promotional period ended you’ll get the fee.

Also the Plan isn’t offered to every card member, so make sure you have it available before charging the purchase to the card if you plan on using it.

You’ll see something like this
I don't think this is true, at least not across the board. I have my Disney Visa for years now along with several of my other Chase cards and I had the first plan 0% plan fee offered across the board for like 5 cards. I did call to confirm my DVC would qualify and the rep said as long as I see it available on my card (not all users were offered the Chase Plan) then it should work. For my Disney visa one I took the 6 month option so the Chase Plan wasn't offered for it. But now that I know it is per card maybe it means I can add on even more points? 😝

C

Correct, I clicked into it but My Chase Plan was not an option for the transaction.
Is it because you opted for the 6 months interest free promotion instead? The Chase Plan button isn't next to my Escrow payment on my Disney Visa but that is because it's tied with the 6 month promo already.

Is it because you opted for the 6 months interest free promotion instead? The Chase Plan button isn't next to my Escrow payment on my Disney Visa but that is because it's tied with the 6 month promo already.

Do you have to opt in to the 6 months 0% interest or does it automatically apply to the purchase?

In looking over the My Chase Plan email I received in May, the fine print says ineligible purchases include "purchases made under a separate promotion or special finance program." I'm wondering if a DVC purchase doesn't count because you automatically get 0% interest for 6 months?

Do you have to opt in to the 6 months 0% interest or does it automatically apply to the purchase?

In looking over the My Chase Plan email I received in May, the fine print says ineligible purchases include "purchases made under a separate promotion or special finance program." I'm wondering if a DVC purchase doesn't count because you automatically get 0% interest for 6 months?
I remembered when I bought my first direct contract a few years ago my guide told me she had to enter a specific promo for the 6 month interest free option, but I don't know if that's changed to be automatically now. I did specifically request it so I never saw the Chase plan option for the contract on my Disney Visa. I feel like most people using the Disney Visa is opting for the 6 month promo since the rewards portion isn't the greatest compared to other cards out there. The Disney visa website wording made it sound like it may be automatic since vacation packages purchased on Disney's website using the card would qualify as well.

I did not specify to my guide that I wanted the 6 months promotion when I bought last week so not sure if they entered a code or not. Based on my experience, the 0% for 6 months is automatically applied. Here are the terms and conditions from Chase.

https://sites.chase.com/services/cr...tml/content/dam/pricingandterms/LGC55182.html

I don't think this is true, at least not across the board. I have my Disney Visa for years now along with several of my other Chase cards and I had the first plan 0% plan fee offered across the board for like 5 cards. I did call to confirm my DVC would qualify and the rep said as long as I see it available on my card (not all users were offered the Chase Plan) then it should work. For my Disney visa one I took the 6 month option so the Chase Plan wasn't offered for it. But now that I know it is per card maybe it means I can add on even more points? 😝

I have multiple Chase cards as well for many years. I can see that the Chase Sapphire Preferred does have 0 fee and 0 interest when I choose an eligible purchase, but the Chase Disney Visa does not. I think that the Chase Disney Visa plan it promotion might only be for certain card members because it already have the 6 month option.

I think there might be some confusion here. The My Chase Plan no fee promotion is when you create a plan during your 0% APR promotional period after opening a card. Normally the first 15-18 months. Not your first plan. If your promotional period ended you’ll get the fee.

Also the Plan isn’t offered to every card member, so make sure you have it available before charging the purchase to the card if you plan on using it.

You’ll see something like this
My cards are older than that with no 0% Apr and I’m still eligible for the first one free 🤷‍♀️

Here’s the terms and conditions in the email I received from chase Disney visa. I’ve been sent a few over the last few months. I have a zero balance so am unable to see if I currently have any purchases eligible for this promo. It’s seems strange that I’d have to actually make the purchase in order to see if it qualifies for 24 months zero interest. If it already qualifies for 6 months then it might not be eligible for the longer term zero fee zero interest promo they’re pushing? They’re a very high interest cc so if u got caught paying interest it would negate any savings very quickly. I guess to play it safe id not risk anything that I wasn’t paying off in the 6 months Disney promo time frame. IMG_9794.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter