Dumb question time

Cmadsen

peepster
We received our first reservation confirmation for our Turkey Week visit. It noted our non-smoking request, and also said it was a "lock-out" unit. I assume (yup, I know the meaning of assume) we have a connecting door in our unit. My question is, Is this a good thing, a bad thing or just a normal thing? I'm sure this has been discussed a thousand times, but after quite a bit of searching I haven't found a substantial answer. Also, is a "lock out" any noisier than any other room? Any help would be appreciated!

Cmadsen....yes, a lock-off 1BR will have a locked connecting door to the studio next door. That door allows the two units to combine for a 2BR accommodation.

To me, it's neither good, bad nor anything else. It has little effect on your stay.

Also, my first DVC 1BR confirmation at VWL listed a lock-off 1BR on the reservations, and we ended up getting a dedicated 1BR (no connecting door).

From what I've heard here on the boards, the noise level at a lock-off room is not much different than a dedicated room. But not having stayed in a lock-off, we're not really qualified to respond to that part of your question.

Our confirmation said lock-off last Tday and we ended up with a dedicated one bedroom so you never know

The noise factor is entirely determined by the people using the room connected to yours. We have both good and bad experiences.

The bad was people that had a toddler in their 1-bedroom and we were in a studio at OKW. The child was squeeling and running back and forth starting very early in the morning.

The good was in a studio at BCV and we never ever heard the first sound out of the people in the 1-bedroom next door. Only knew they were there because their dining charges ended up on our bill in error.

Never had a problems with noise from the lock off unit. The only problems we have had is one time when the "kids" above kept bounceing a ball at odd hours! It was quite annoying! I finally took the broom and banged on the ceiling, and it stopped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter