Dueling ghosts effect down on Haunted Mansion?

adobbs10

Earning My Ears
I searched the forums and didn’t see where anyone had mentioned this, but we are driving home from our trip now and our party is discussing how the dueling ghosts effect in the ballroom scene of the Haunted Mansion was down this week. Has anyone else noticed/how long has this been going on? HM was down for what I believe to be an entire day this past Sunday, and then when we were riding last night there were issues with multiple Doombuggies with no or garbled audio (we were pulled off our buggy and ride stopped when the attendant noticed ours was down; we just assumed it was a new spooky effect). Haunted Mansion is our favorite family ride and we of course still enjoyed it, but just curious if that effect is down for good?

No answer to your question, but when we went last year my husband was "stuck" inside the mansion quite a few times where the ride just stopped. Its his absolute favorite and he loved every minute of it though.

This is the only attraction at WDW that i actually want to get stuck on - so much to see and take in - especially the ballroom scene.

What/who is the dueling ghosts exactly? I've been on HM a bunch of times, but can't figure out what this is referring to.
In the birthday party/ballroom scene, there are two portraits of dueling gentlemen on the upper left corner of the wall. The gentlemen come to life as ghosts and fire pistols at each other

This is the only attraction at WDW that i actually want to get stuck on - so much to see and take in - especially the ballroom scene.

We got stuck there, that’s how we noticed it! It was awesome, we had a couple of minutes to soak everything in which I think is why we noticed.

Wouldn't mind being stuck there either. Got stuck once in the attic scene for about fifteen minutes. It was fun taking the time to soak in all the details

They were not dueling during our trip in April

HM is the only ride we've been evacuated from
Though I do have to mention many of the stoppages are not outages but actually intentional so they can load ECV or wheelchair access, which they do from the exit

HM is one of my favorite attractions so I’m sorry to hear this part is down... I’m hoping it will be back up by my trip since that’s my favorite scene (well the ballroom in general - one day I hope to get stuck there for a good 10 min so I can truly enjoy it and take it all in :)

They were not working in early April. The caretaker and dog were completely in the dark. And the graveyard scene wasn’t lit properly. Maybe the playful spooks were having some fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter